Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:37 PM   #21
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
just curious what historical minor league import functions those might be.
Initial Ratings for historical rookies now reflect skill sets better.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:39 PM   #22
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post

Thanks. don't know how much better you guys can make this, but i get the feeling you will. Again, thanks.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:39 PM   #23
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
Potential ratings as well or just current ratings/ability for draftees?

Thanks Spritze!
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 11:27 PM   #24
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
In what way would the rules be different for incoming players if I don't start a new historical league? I am not sure I understand, do you think the difference would be noticeable in a continuing league with a 1921 start?
Sorry for the confusion. What I mean is that the players that originally populated your game before you upgraded to the current patch will have the same errors that they had before you upgraded to it, as they were imported from the database prior to the patch. The patch will only fix players that are coming into your league in future drafts. It can't help the guys that were already there (At least I'm pretty sure that's how it works).
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 02:10 AM   #25
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Awesome! Thanks Markus!

Just wanted to double check. Was this issue indeed fixed for the patch?

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ee-agents.html
Yup
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 02:12 AM   #26
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
Markus wrote: "Updated the historical databases (error corrections) and fixed some issues with the historical minor league import functions"

just curious what historical minor league import functions those might be.

Great work on this and thanks.
Sometimes when the game auto-imported MiLB & MLB players who had a "break" in their career, their ratings did not get normalized properly, causing a guy going 1 for 2 in the real season to have a max contact rating. That was fixed.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 02:35 AM   #27
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Certain those issues will be looked at when Matt's back from vacation. Whether it's a get-right-to-it issue (which wouldn't surprise me with Matt) or a summer patch, I know it's an area he wants to continue to improve. He's done amazing things there as it is. Trust that it will come.
Glad to hear that. The 3D graphics are an awesome addition. It'll be even more so when the issues that have been mentioned are cleaned up.
james17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:33 AM   #28
sentry85
Minors (Single A)

if he keeps taking breaks like this ootp18 will be ready in september
sentry85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 01:38 PM   #29
Elf Marine
Minors (Single A)

Has anything fixed the problems of hanging up playing 3D for some of us?
Elf Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 01:42 PM   #30
JD396
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It's almost annoying how often you have to update OOTP, especially right after release... until you remember that with most software you just sit there whining in a forum for months at a time, and maybe once or twice a year they fix one of the problems, and it can be three or four years before it's "perfected".

Besides the fact that OOTP itself is awesome, what I've noted since I started using OOTP (I think it was OOTP 11) is that the team is ridiculously responsive. I've bought the new OOTP version pretty much within a week of it coming out every year since, and I've literally NEVER had to get support for the problems I've found -- by the time I note something is wrong, there's already a post in the forum from the team talking about how they already have a fix for that in the works coming out in the next update -- and it's out like the next day. That doesn't happen in the software world very often at all, and definitely not when there's a new version released literally every year at the same time, and there's always a big new feature or a major overhaul somewhere. To do that in as complex of a program as OOTP is insane. The amount of work these guys put in blows my mind every year!

Awesome work!
JD396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 03:52 PM   #31
RoyDodger
Bat Boy

Just tried this new update on my iMac. Unfortunately, playing in 3D, it crashed again. What happens is the sound stops, the beachball starts turning, and the application crashes. Restarted, played another game in Broadcast view and had no problem. All the crashes have occurred in 3D view. Just wanted to say that appreciate all the efforts of Markus and his crew in trying to fix this problem.

Last edited by RoyDodger; 04-09-2016 at 03:53 PM.
RoyDodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 04:34 PM   #32
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD396 View Post
It's almost annoying how often you have to update OOTP, especially right after release... until you remember that with most software you just sit there whining in a forum for months at a time, and maybe once or twice a year they fix one of the problems, and it can be three or four years before it's "perfected".

Besides the fact that OOTP itself is awesome, what I've noted since I started using OOTP (I think it was OOTP 11) is that the team is ridiculously responsive. I've bought the new OOTP version pretty much within a week of it coming out every year since, and I've literally NEVER had to get support for the problems I've found -- by the time I note something is wrong, there's already a post in the forum from the team talking about how they already have a fix for that in the works coming out in the next update -- and it's out like the next day. That doesn't happen in the software world very often at all, and definitely not when there's a new version released literally every year at the same time, and there's always a big new feature or a major overhaul somewhere. To do that in as complex of a program as OOTP is insane. The amount of work these guys put in blows my mind every year!

Awesome work!
Great post. This phrase is key: "as complex of a program as OOTP." I don't expect OOTPB to be flawless when it is first released, for that reason alone.

But let's pat ourselves on the back as well. The developers could not be as speedily responsive in debugging their program were it not for the active involvement of this forum community providing its feedback.

Over the years, I have gone elsewhere in the gaming world and expected the same involvement and responsiveness, and I have been disappointed. I don't play that many computer games, so maybe my sample is too small, but I have never seen the like of OOTPD and its community anywhere else.

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 04-09-2016 at 05:17 PM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 04:38 PM   #33
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Silly question but does this patch include the historical fix posted earlier?

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 06:06 PM   #34
Reggie
Major Leagues

Something I have noticed in broadcast view. When the ball is hit to the outfield and the dialog comes up asking if I want the runner to try to for an extra base.. when I answer yes the game takes a long time to continue. A few times I thought maybe it was going to lock up like it does in 3D view. After 5 or 6 seconds it gives me the result of the play. Other than that moment the game runs smooth. Not sure if it is related to the crashes or not.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 06:15 PM   #35
itsfurness
Bat Boy

Game is almost perfect but I'm still having an issue. Whenever I start a historical game in 1871 and start simulating my game starts freezing in 1872 and won't go a few days without crashing. I don't know how to fix this issue.

Last edited by itsfurness; 04-09-2016 at 06:21 PM. Reason: never mind figured it out
itsfurness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 06:19 PM   #36
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

how do I fix the minor league system??? The best minor leaguer hits .210 on every level and so many no-hitters in the minors. I fixed the ballpark issue and uniforms for a few teams. The minors I haven't figured out as yet.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:07 PM   #37
slugga27
All Star Starter

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but since the patch, when the human team has an injury in-game, the user is automatically kicked to the substitution screen. This is as opposed to the pbp mentioning the injury, then the user hitting a key and THEN being kicked to the sub screen. Hope that makes sense. Minor issue, but I suspect it's related to a patch issue.
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:13 PM   #38
craftdr
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsfurness View Post
Game is almost perfect but I'm still having an issue. Whenever I start a historical game in 1871 and start simulating my game starts freezing in 1872 and won't go a few days without crashing. I don't know how to fix this issue.

I don't know what you have tried already but today I was doing something similar except with a modern day fictional league. I was trying to sim a few years to get some history but would run into crashes when simming a year at a time. The last time it happened, instead of opening the game back up, I restarted my computer. I was then able to run 3 years without any issues. I'm not saying this will work for you (could just be coincidental) but may be worth a shot.
craftdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:56 PM   #39
Hammercraft
All Star Reserve

I hate to be a beggar, but some day I really would like to have an option to have my draft class automatically added as a shortlist thanks for considering
Hammercraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 01:09 AM   #40
Folderol
Major Leagues

Anyone notice a downgrade in your "overall" and "potential" scouting ratings for your players? I know my Mets are shaky, but...look at (for example) Cespedes...

or any of the rest of the team...

Last edited by Folderol; 04-10-2016 at 01:13 AM.
Folderol is offline   Reply With Quote