Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:13 AM   #41
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
For the first time ever, I don't like any of the skins that come with the game.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:14 AM   #42
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinthePOWERHOUSE View Post
Can someone talk about the speed? Is it noticeably different for shop a player and beyond?
Sure seems that way to me. The Shop screen is much improved as well.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:17 AM   #43
reds1
Hall Of Famer

As a devoted fan of the dark skin, I've got to say that OOTP17 is the best looking version of the game yet. Needless to say, I'm really looking to forward to spending endless hours playing on the new version.

Thanks Markus, Daniele, Andreas, Matt and all the hard working beta testers!
Old 03-18-2016, 11:31 AM   #44
cavebutter
All Star Starter

Just downloaded and did a quick replay of the 81 World Series. I won't be putting much more time into 17 until next week as I have to finish my season in 16.

First impressions:
* Love the 3d animation with short pbp text. There were a couple plays where the animation just didn't occur, but that matches my experience in 16 where the odd play would be skipped by the animation as well

* Game recaps didn't come up after games along with the box score and the graph. Not sure if that is disabled in the exhibition mode or what. I'm really looking forward to that feature in my fictional league, though.

Great job, Markus and team. As usual, a superior product!!

Logo Gallery
cavebutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:35 AM   #45
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
For the first time ever, I don't like any of the skins that come with the game.
Wow, that's the first time I've heard this. Well, you cannot please everyone I guess... You'll get used to it.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:37 AM   #46
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Gameplay is good, 3D finally works, and the game is faster. I'm sure there are bugs and errors that we will turn up but overall it's looking good.

Can someone do an OOTP 16 skin for OOTP 17?

Old 03-18-2016, 11:37 AM   #47
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavebutter View Post
Just downloaded and did a quick replay of the 81 World Series. I won't be putting much more time into 17 until next week as I have to finish my season in 16.

First impressions:
* Love the 3d animation with short pbp text. There were a couple plays where the animation just didn't occur, but that matches my experience in 16 where the odd play would be skipped by the animation as well

* Game recaps didn't come up after games along with the box score and the graph. Not sure if that is disabled in the exhibition mode or what. I'm really looking forward to that feature in my fictional league, though.

Great job, Markus and team. As usual, a superior product!!
Yes, currently recaps will only be generated for regular season games. There was a lot of text that our text team had to write, so keeping it focused on the regular season was the priority. After they take a much needed break, we'll come back to seeing what we can do for exhibition and playoff games for either a summer patch or OOTP18, depending how much work is needed.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:40 AM   #48
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Yes, currently recaps will only be generated for regular season games. There was a lot of text that our text team had to write, so keeping it focused on the regular season was the priority. After they take a much needed break, we'll come back to seeing what we can do for exhibition and playoff games for either a summer patch or OOTP18, depending how much work is needed.
Hey Matt,

I would say playoff games are a must, many just do sims until playoff time, then follow it day by day then
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:40 AM   #49
cavebutter
All Star Starter

Thanks, Matt. I agree that regular season is the priority. Great job!

Logo Gallery
cavebutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:40 AM   #50
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Wow, that's the first time I've heard this. Well, you cannot please everyone I guess... You'll get used to it.
It's never happened to me before either, but skins are just cosmetic and can be changed. Hopefully someone will do the 16 skin for 17. Failing that I will flail away at it myself! It's not a problem; the car is great, I just don't like the colors it's currently available in.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:45 AM   #51
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
Hey Matt,

I would say playoff games are a must, many just do sims until playoff time, then follow it day by day then
Trust me, it's on our priority list. I definitely want them in for that. But they need a little bit of special attention, so once the first rush dies down we'll sit down and figure out what needs to change from the current recaps to work in the playoffs, and try to get that in as soon as we can.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:46 AM   #52
Kent814
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
It's never happened to me before either, but skins are just cosmetic and can be changed. Hopefully someone will do the 16 skin for 17. Failing that I will flail away at it myself! It's not a problem; the car is great, I just don't like the colors it's currently available in.
I hope, i actually thought 16 skin was better
Kent814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:55 AM   #53
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent814 View Post
I hope, i actually thought 16 skin was better
That's two of us!

Old 03-18-2016, 11:58 AM   #54
Matt Uk
Major Leagues

Just played out my first spring training game with the 2001 Montreal Expos vs Cubs. Love the 3d, really adds to the game. Loaded the bases and hit two doubles to take a 4-0 lead in the top of the 5th. In the bottom Chicago load the bases, Sosa at the plate, he hits it deep..... going, going.........no, it's caught near the wall by Guerrero. Love it!

Like the new interface layout, seems much cleaner and like the skins, but then I've liked pretty much all the skins the game ever had really.

Zips along so far and didn't take too long at all to start the game up (started 2001 historical with all the minor leaguers and past history) Definitely much quicker than 16.

So, Markus, time for your beer I believe!
Matt Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 12:02 PM   #55
Griever20
Hall Of Famer

I actually converted my Blue Jays league first and played around a bit...

The 3D is awesome, really! With the players moving and the ball now getting thrown around it's 100% more entertaining. I just screamed at my PC 10 minutes ago, watching a 3-run homer sail into the stances(damn you Roberto Osuna)

Some small things(3D):
- Throwing error on a steal attempt(E2), aka throwing to second and into the outfield, you can hear the crack of a bat hitting a ball, bit awkward
- on some SB attemps, the 2B/SS don't even move to second base
- On some errors (saw it on E6, E7 in the game log), no animation happens.
- home run trot could be a BIT faster

minor things for me :>

PS: Those auto-generated news and headlines are REALLY awesome and add alot to the Box-Score

Last edited by Griever20; 03-18-2016 at 12:12 PM.
Griever20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 12:03 PM   #56
bleachercreature
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
Player opt out? Very cool!!!!

ding... ding...ding
bleachercreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 12:05 PM   #57
Roy Tucker
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Trust me, it's on our priority list. I definitely want them in for that. But they need a little bit of special attention, so once the first rush dies down we'll sit down and figure out what needs to change from the current recaps to work in the playoffs, and try to get that in as soon as we can.
As far as I can tell, there is automatically generated recaps for the playoffs. The game is summarized like a regular season game. It is just there is no playoff specific dialogue mentioned in the article.
Roy Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 12:11 PM   #58
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
As far as I can tell, there is automatically generated recaps for the playoffs. The game is summarized like a regular season game. It is just there is no playoff specific dialogue mentioned in the article.
If there was a shutout or 5-hit game, then yeah, we include the same texts as regular season games. But we don't have the "generic" recaps for playoff games yet.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:16 PM   #59
brewdog
Minors (Triple A)

I want to take the time to say thanks to the entire OOTP development team. The sim speeds are just amazing! OOTP 16 was painful for me when compared to 15. Heres to another amazing year of OOTP simming And, again, thank you for all your hard work team.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:26 PM   #60
Roy Tucker
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
If there was a shutout or 5-hit game, then yeah, we include the same texts as regular season games. But we don't have the "generic" recaps for playoff games yet.
You should consider using the generic regular season recaps for the playoff games this year . Something is better than nothing
Roy Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote