Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 04:35 PM   #61
Vermin360
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisonerno6 View Post
Kind of reminds me of Major League Baseball - Intellivision (Mattel 1980)
I still have my copy, and the hardware to play it on. But OOTP17 is still going to get more play than that one.

Manager, Chicago Cubs, 2015-2019
Manager, Oklahoma City Dodgers, 2016-2018
GM, Philadelphia Athletics, 1871-1872
GM, Detroit Red Wings, 1993-1994

Old 03-17-2016, 04:59 PM   #62
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

SUPER DUPER WOW!! LOVE IT !!

Adds realism and more baseball suspense!!!

Splendid stuff.

(Honey...sorry...I won't be able to get to the 'honey do' list until
Wednesday of next week) : )

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.
Old 03-17-2016, 04:59 PM   #63
drksd4848
All Star Starter

They look like little fry guys...
Old 03-17-2016, 05:16 PM   #64
LeiterFanatic
All Star Starter

As long as it approaches Microleague in awesomeness, then I am happy
Old 03-17-2016, 05:20 PM   #65
endgame
Hall Of Famer

One of my favs is the throw from the outfield I expect to be cutoff but instead it sails all the way to the plate and nails the runner trying to score! That's really cool. I don't get excited easily, but that one got me!
Old 03-17-2016, 05:34 PM   #66
GoBucsGo
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (4)
Anyone have a video of this in action? Everyone is talking about it but I can't find it anywhere.
Old 03-17-2016, 05:35 PM   #67
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

I think I said this somewhere else (maybe on the Beta forums) but I didn't really expect to use 3D much. I pretty much decided that I'd sim day by day and only jump in for a playoff game or something. I found myself really enjoying the 3D. It felt like sitting in the upper deck at the game watching it play out, except it's YOUR league that your watching -- your fictional East Riverbend Spitfires or your random debut 1961 Reds with Babe Ruth, Mike Trout, and Dizzy Dean. For me, I can certainly see myself chill out and watch -- ACTUALLY watch -- quite a few games of OOTP just for grins.

Old 03-17-2016, 05:55 PM   #68
swoboda
All Star Starter

The hard work shows thru, this is a big step up from last year.
Ground ball throw to 1st he's out close play....line drive into the corner two bagger....Nice.

But let us not overlook (and I predict it will change in the next year or two) when the OFer catches the third out and then dribbles the ball (as in soccer not basketball) back to the dugout. I had a broad smile going for that one.

The late great Lindsey Nelson
Old 03-17-2016, 06:06 PM   #69
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Looks good. I can see uniform color scheme and maybe even skin color somewhere down the line.

Pawns move around as good as I would expect 2D dots would have.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:22 PM   #70
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

although i am still going to use ballpark pics for my games...

very nice Markus...a great improvement and i might still play a few games using the 3D to see what i get out of it....

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
Old 03-17-2016, 06:24 PM   #71
Matt Uk
Major Leagues

Love it! As someone who plays game by game this is going to add even more immersion and enjoyment to playing them out.

Also, we now get a pawn to vent our frustration on when he bobbles an easy play and costs us the game!

I was going to wait until release day but the heck with it, I don't want to wait four days, I'm ordering now.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:25 PM   #72
rp03ev
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpbaseball22 View Post
Guys, here is video of the animation

https://secure.twitch.tv/ootpdevelop...78792?t=47m50s

I know I'm gonna get a lot of hate from all these fan boys.....but are you serious with those models? hahahahahha. Charging almost AAA price for this game, and best you can do is little pawns moving in the field. Nintendo had better player models in the early 1990s than this joke.

For real...why are these fanboys defending this atrocity. Have you seen how the animation play out in a game like Football Manager (same price as this game)? It actually looks like its out of Fifa from 2000s....this...this...I dont even know. Its not even player models its pawns in 2 different colors and you guys are defending this when they charge you $50 for this game? WOW. Ya it's a sim game blah blah blah, so is Football Manager but they did work on animations since they charge AAA price. These guys don't even try. I bet a game designer in highschool can make better player models that this mess.

I really hope they at least make those "pawns" moddable, so some talented modder(s) can change into look like actual player models since these devs clearly cant for a game they charging AAA price for.

In before fanboys.

Last edited by rp03ev; 03-17-2016 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:29 PM   #73
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Good to see the initial excitement and positive reception. Once it's on your screen, I have no doubt you'll enjoy it even more. Not to mention how it'll look after you print out the 3D glasses that come with the download. j/k of course. Enjoy!

Matt's done a great job adding yet another alternative 'way to play' to our already over-flowing menu of options.

Note: ^ Please. Before anyone gets too overly-excited about the post above mine, relax. Read his existing 11 posts and get a feel for the critic before launching into attacking the criticism. There'll be serious challenges to improve certain aspects of this feature, I'm sure. This isn't one of them. Restraint is your friend.

Last edited by endgame; 03-17-2016 at 06:32 PM.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:51 PM   #74
TheXumaker
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp03ev View Post
I know I'm gonna get a lot of hate from all these fan boys.....but are you serious with those models? hahahahahha. Charging almost AAA price for this game, and best you can do is little pawns moving in the field. Nintendo had better player models in the early 1990s than this joke.

For real...why are these fanboys defending this atrocity. Have you seen how the animation play out in a game like Football Manager (same price as this game)? It actually looks like its out of Fifa from 2000s....this...this...I dont even know. Its not even player models its pawns in 2 different colors and you guys are defending this when they charge you $50 for this game? WOW. Ya it's a sim game blah blah blah, so is Football Manager but they did work on animations since they charge AAA price. These guys don't even try. I bet a game designer in highschool can make better player models that this mess.

I really hope they at least make those "pawns" moddable, so some talented modder(s) can change into look like actual player models since these devs clearly cant for a game they charging AAA price for.

In before fanboys.
While you do make several semi valid claims, you have to understand football manager is owned by Sega.
And the game if you preordered was only 35 dollars, with an additional steam key. Not to mention this game is more about management and simulation, not the graphics. Not to mention baseball games in the 2000's looked like this:
*You are entitled to your own opinion, I believe that(And hope people will back me up on this) this is only the first step for OOTP, 3D is gonna get better and better but for now what they have done is still incredible

Last edited by TheXumaker; 03-17-2016 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Explanation
Old 03-17-2016, 07:08 PM   #75
knight1376
Major Leagues

Does the wind change ball direction?
Old 03-17-2016, 07:34 PM   #76
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight1376 View Post
Does the wind change ball direction?
Good question. I know the game still accounts for it, but as for the animation, all I can say is sometimes it sure looks like it.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:57 PM   #77
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Once you start watching, you get really attached to your little pawns. As I said, double plays are really exciting, although in the same vein, when my pawn bobbles it for an error, I'm ready to cut the guy.

OMG! OOTP developers lead the thug life!
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:11 PM   #78
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp03ev View Post

In before fanboys.
You paid $50?
Old 03-17-2016, 08:15 PM   #79
rp03ev
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
You paid $50?
canadian money

can we at least have these player models thats shown on the pre order page than those "pawns" in the twitch video?
Old 03-17-2016, 08:18 PM   #80
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

The pawns (or little snowmen, as I like to think of them) look the same as in the screenshot. The user also has the option to customize the colors.
Closed Thread