Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-06-2016, 09:07 PM   #61
jasonzimmie
Minors (Double A)

another question I have is how would I set up a historical alternate universe with all the minor leagues and players? and it is hard to put the mods into the game and if not how would I go about doing that?
jasonzimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 06:14 PM   #62
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

I have another question. I've been doing a lot of reading on Baseball-Reference.com. Some of these teams moved cities, changed names, and affiliations 3-4 times in a five year period. First off hats off to you guys for tracking all that down and putting that in order enough it can be included in a game like this. To call that an achievement would be an understatement.

It seems to me it might be hard for a player to keep track of it all. Especially one who is anal about uniforms and logos (like me). When a minor league team changes location, name, or affiliation will there be a news story about it? If not is it too late to make that happen?
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 06:25 PM   #63
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonzimmie View Post
another question I have is how would I set up a historical alternate universe with all the minor leagues and players? Just delete the majors? and it is hard to put the mods into the game and if not how would I go about doing that? It is not a mod
Minor leagues are in OOTP for reals not as a mod.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:29 PM   #64
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marlin View Post
When a minor league team changes location, name, or affiliation will there be a news story about it? Don't know If not is it too late to make that happen? Don't know, that is up to the storyline writers who write the stories
Keep in mind that a change as massive as this may take a few versions to add all the bells and whistles.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:31 PM   #65
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
Keep in mind that a change as massive as this may take a few versions to add all the bells and whistles.
Thanks. If they happen to ask you would you please suggest that?
Old 03-07-2016, 06:33 PM   #66
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Of course
Old 03-07-2016, 06:41 PM   #67
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Some of these teams moved cities, changed names, and affiliations 3-4 times in a five year period.
There were plenty of instances of clubs shifting cities during a season (presumably this will not be recreated, though theoretically it could be).

Keep in mind there is no reliable history of minor league franchises. Sources sometimes disagree as to what happened in a league prior to a season. For example, one source might list it as a team moving from City A to City B, and an expansion club being placed in City A, while another source lists it as an expansion club put into City B, with City A's team continuing on as it was. Which one is right obviously affects franchise histories.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 06:50 PM   #68
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
There were plenty of instances of clubs shifting cities during a season (presumably this will not be recreated, though theoretically it could be).

Keep in mind there is no reliable history of minor league franchises. Sources sometimes disagree as to what happened in a league prior to a season. For example, one source might list it as a team moving from City A to City B, and an expansion club being placed in City A, while another source lists it as an expansion club put into City B, with City A's team continuing on as it was. Which one is right obviously affects franchise histories.
What a bloody mess!
Old 03-07-2016, 07:54 PM   #69
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What a bloody mess!
It's interesting, to say the least.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 07:59 PM   #70
jasonzimmie
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
Minor leagues are in OOTP for reals not as a mod.
I think that you might have misunderstood my earlier question, what I was asking was how do I set up a league starting in 1871 and playing with the pros and then have the real minor leagues come in starting in 1919 I think that was the first year, can this even be done
jasonzimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:10 PM   #71
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonzimmie View Post
I think that you might have misunderstood my earlier question, what I was asking was how do I set up a league starting in 1871 and playing with the pros and then have the real minor leagues come in starting in 1919 I think that was the first year, can this even be done
A similar question was asked here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3983382

And the answer...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
It should work fine just so long as you make sure to select the historical minors option when you first start your game.
If there's more or less to the story, I'm sure lukasberger, Bigrod, or Spritze will offer it up...

Cheers
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:42 PM   #72
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I don't know if this question has been asked. Can we import individual Historical Minor League teams?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 09:05 PM   #73
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...gue-teams.html

This was a short thread that i started in January 2015.
We were using OOTP15 then.
Notice that i asked when you import historical major league teams, will the historical minors be imported with them?
In that thread, MH answered "NO"!
One year later, it is now a "YES!"
Notice that the community starts talking about historical minor leagues and maybe, how to go about adding them into the game.
What happened Markus?
Did you change your mind?
Im glad that you did!
Historical minor leagues!!
I love this game!

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3

Last edited by rjl518; 03-07-2016 at 09:11 PM.
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:20 PM   #74
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
I don't know if this question has been asked. Can we import individual Historical Minor League teams?
One way or another you sure can and it's easier than ever.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:44 PM   #75
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

So what am i missing here? When i load up 1921 for example, i don't see any minor leagues on any team. Is there an option that I'm missing that needs to be checked or unchecked? Please see my screen shot.
Attached Images
Aceshigh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:32 PM   #76
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Check the Detroit Tigers and St. Louis Cardinals. I think they are the only two teams with minor league affiliates in 1921.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:56 PM   #77
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
Check the Detroit Tigers and St. Louis Cardinals. I think they are the only two teams with minor league affiliates in 1921.

last update now includes PCL-AAA - when i checked yesterday, this is what i found.

1919 Texas League AA - Det., Stl. Cards
1920 Texas League AA - Det., Stl. Cards, Pitt
1921 Pacific Coast League AAA - Chi Cubs
Texas League AA - Det., Stl. Cards, Pitt
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 05:37 PM   #78
thehef
Hall Of Famer

There's a lot of good info in this thread, and historical minors is somewhat of a hot topic right now, so I thought I'd ask my question - which is most-likely for Spritze - in this thread...

Using the examples of Jim Rice and Fred Lynn... When playing with historical minors, I'm assuming that Rice debuts in 1971 and Lynn debuts in 1973 (just as they did in real life). When we get to 1974, are they rated based upon their full stats, which have them playing a majority of the season in Triple A, or are they only rated on their September call-up MLB stats?
Old 11-24-2016, 06:01 AM   #79
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Bumping...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehef View Post
There's a lot of good info in this thread, and historical minors is somewhat of a hot topic right now, so I thought I'd ask my question - which is most-likely for Spritze - in this thread...

Using the examples of Jim Rice and Fred Lynn... When playing with historical minors, I'm assuming that Rice debuts in 1971 and Lynn debuts in 1973 (just as they did in real life). When we get to 1974, are they rated based upon their full stats, which have them playing a majority of the season in Triple A, or are they only rated on their September call-up MLB stats?
Old 11-24-2016, 06:25 AM   #80
thehef
Hall Of Famer

duplicate post

Last edited by thehef; 11-24-2016 at 06:26 AM. Reason: duplicate