Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 09-09-2016, 12:44 PM   #201
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

I wonder what the breakdown would be if you combine some of these? For example, I exclusively play fictional historical leagues, either replaying the MLB or alt history.

PT22

canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 01:19 PM   #202
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Post from Markus:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn
By the way, our usage tracker reveals that 65% of of OOTP users play the modern day MLB standard game, 25% fictional, and 10% historical.
These percentages were said to be "games created."
There's an obvious confusion here between "users" and "games created". They'd only be the same thing if each user created exactly one game.

I have no idea what the true percentages are, but they certainly wouldn't add to 100. I play MLB standard and fictional, and occasionally historical. If you diagrammed what goes on, it would be a three-circle Venn diagram, and I and many others would be right in the center, the group that play every way imaginable.
injury log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 01:39 PM   #203
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questdog View Post
I have not read this whole thread, so maybe this has already been said....

I would bet everything I own that fictional players put in more hours at OOTP than MLB quickstart players, and that it is not even close. I know that I have to make up for at least 50-100 Quickstarters all by my self.

Also, a lot of fictional players are not starting new games but playing the same game for years. Quickstarters are simming through seasons in a hurry to see how long it takes them to get rid of all the real players.

But more importantly, I think the Quickstarters are, by and large the casual player, who will not decide which baseball game is the best, but will try to find out which baseball game is best and go buy that one. The hardcore players are the ones who will decide which game is best and will take the casual gamers with them, eventually, wherever they end up.
Wow, I missed this post!

Well said, Sir, well said.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 01:49 PM   #204
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by injury log View Post
There's an obvious confusion here between "users" and "games created". They'd only be the same thing if each user created exactly one game.

I have no idea what the true percentages are, but they certainly wouldn't add to 100. I play MLB standard and fictional, and occasionally historical. If you diagrammed what goes on, it would be a three-circle Venn diagram, and I and many others would be right in the center, the group that play every way imaginable.
I don't want to speak for Markus since I don't know for sure and could well be incorrect but I'd guess what we're looking at here, since the %'s add up nicely to 100, is the primary way that each individual user/purchaser plays the game.

Obviously as you mention, many play two or even all three modes and if that was figured into the numbers, the percentages would obviously add up to well over 100%.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 02:58 PM   #205
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
I don't want to speak for Markus since I don't know for sure and could well be incorrect but I'd guess what we're looking at here, since the %'s add up nicely to 100, is the primary way that each individual user/purchaser plays the game.

Obviously as you mention, many play two or even all three modes and if that was figured into the numbers, the percentages would obviously add up to well over 100%.
Markus explained where the figures come from:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
It's number of games created. And I don't think those numbers are skewed in any way, they covers all types of users.
injury log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 03:01 PM   #206
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post

In addition, and it may have been commented upon earlier in the thread, the data is collected from only those having allowed the usage tracker. I have no clue what percentages of users, nor their style, elected not to allow tracking, but certainly 100% did not authorize its use. We can assume a majority did, but it remains a best speculation.
Old 09-10-2016, 03:02 PM   #207
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by injury log View Post
Markus explained where the figures come from:
Ah, I missed that. Thanks for the clarification!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote