Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-02-2016, 02:21 AM   #61
jun5896
Bat Boy

1993 Florida Marlins. Fresh rookie team, Challenge WS and make a moneyball story.
jun5896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 02:38 PM   #62
Vermin360
Major Leagues

I will be importing my franchises that started with Out of the Park 16 - Chicago Cubs (my team for the past 25 years), and my 1909 Chicago Cubs (trying to shorten the drought from the other end since this end still hasn't had much luck).
Vermin360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:14 PM   #63
kev24fan
Major Leagues

I will start with the Oakland A's.
kev24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:28 PM   #64
Maddox
All Star Reserve

St Louis.

Unsure if I will go with the current year or historical.

I have also thought about using the Historical Exhibition Option to run an All Cardinal tournament to determine which year had the best team.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:45 PM   #65
lionbacker
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Current day Tigers, finally some prospects in the system and a high draft pick. Hoping to unload a contract or two!
lionbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:22 PM   #66
Pineywoods OOTPer
All Star Reserve

The team: 1901 New York Giants

Why?: Christy Mathewson and it will be the 7th iteration of OOTP I will do that with.

Senior Office Manager, 13th Circle of Heck.

Pineywoods OOTPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:41 PM   #67
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineywoods OOTPer View Post
The team: 1901 New York Giants

Why?: Christy Mathewson and it will be the 7th iteration of OOTP I will do that with.

i tend to restart my games with this team as well. Mathewson and Davis! (i started with 13 ...) But other times when i decide to start over (i seldom get past 1950 before i decide to change something fundamental) i go with the worst team and see if i can build a team that's competitive. (it works once in a while.)

But most likely when 17 comes out, it'll be the Giants because they are my favorite team and this IS an even year .... Posey and the boys have an obligation!
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 03-03-2016 at 01:42 PM.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:47 PM   #68
Matt Uk
Major Leagues

I'll be importing the game I've just started. I've got the whole OOTP world running (MLB, Japan, Cuba, Holland, Australia etc, plus all the independent leagues) and have started out as manager only at Rimini in Italy and want to see if I can make it to the MLB. If I make it to the majors I think at that point I'll change to GM/Manager to run the whole franchise.

Currently in the first season and have managed to finish top in the regular season and set to enter the play offs next.
Matt Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 06:57 PM   #69
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

I always start with the Blue Jays and the current year. Had some real bad years but the sunny days are back with the stacked allstar players on the team for 2016 and they are predicted to get at least a wild card. Playoffs are fun to be in right off the bat for a change instead of having to rebuild for a few years with the previous rosters. Hopefully they rate my players properly.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 07:21 PM   #70
polydamas
All Star Reserve

I'll probably just continue my fictional league. I've been playing it for 43 game years across 3 OOTP versions. But, I usually do try a current MLB setup, so I'll probably pick the White Sox (because they are my favorite team). If not maybe the Cubs (I'm a Chicago fan).
polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 03:44 AM   #71
Hotwheelz
All Star Starter

Portland Mavericks. Ill be continuing from OOTP 16. I might check out some of the new historical features but I am sure ill go back to this franchise. We are just having too much fun.
Hotwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 02:43 PM   #72
Spaceman213
Bat Boy

I'll start with Boston since their my team.

Looks like my first moves will be to cut some long term payroll if I can.
Spaceman213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 03:01 PM   #73
wolverinebball11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'll start with the Rockies because they're my team. I may start right after the 2007 season when they went to the World Series and see if I can't do better than they've actually done since then.
wolverinebball11 is offline   Reply With Quote