Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-19-2016, 08:58 PM   #21
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by frangipard View Post
Yeah, the other good thing about starting in 1984 is that I'm gonna enjoy beating those late-80s Mets....
Well, I'll enjoy beating the early 80's Phillies if I start in 77, so I suspect we'll both be pretty happy!
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:03 PM   #22
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

always.

Will continue my dynasty started in 14.
IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:28 PM   #23
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Here's a hint:
Attached Images

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:30 PM   #24
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Also, my Expanded Playoffs Dynasty will continue...

And, i am going to start a new thread on Classic Season Replays.

More on that soon, guys!

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3

Last edited by rjl518; 02-19-2016 at 09:34 PM.
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:35 PM   #25
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

I'll start by importing my fictional league (of course) then I'll probably start a game with the Cubs in the late 50's/early 60's.
Sam_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 02:11 PM   #26
UKRedSox
Major Leagues

After listening to the Effectively Wild podcast and their first to worst series, interested in with the Phillies, Reds or Braves as rebuilding projects.

Other options are playing the Independent Leagues and starting off in 2001 as the Red Sox, the season I started watching this great game
UKRedSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 02:19 PM   #27
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Really looking forward to this version. I'll start off by using historical and will replay all the playoff games from last year.

OOTP16 on my 32" screen with Win10 guy doing audio announcing is fantastic!

Go Cards...

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.

Last edited by skunkle333; 02-29-2016 at 02:21 PM.
skunkle333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 02:33 PM   #28
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

I'll be starting somewhere to showcase the historical minor leagues. I'll either start where they begin in 1919, or I'll spend the year playing out 1932 in depth.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 02:53 PM   #29
Motorhead667
All Star Reserve

Cubs
My team
Motorhead667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 03:10 PM   #30
cxs018
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'll start a modern MLB game with 2016 Boston.

I may start a historical game with 2006 Boston. The Red Sox made the playoffs every year from 2003-2009 except 2006.
cxs018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 03:31 PM   #31
ra24mpa
Minors (Triple A)

This could be one of those things that becomes "paralysis by analysis" given that there are so many choices available. It makes it a bit easier that everything before 1958 is sacrosanct to me, so I probably won't have the urge to mess with anything before that until the inevitable alt history PCL mods come out. When the time comes for me to make an actual decision, I assume the first team will be from among the following:

1977 Seattle
1981 Los Angeles - Not only did they win the WS that year, but take a look at the farm system on bbref. Albuquerque probably could've beaten a few ML teams that year.
1981 Seattle - Once again, look at the farm system. If you can get Mike Moore and Matt Young to develop along with Langston, find a way to improve your bullpen, and get more than one good year out of Jim Presley, you have the makings of a pretty good team once the mid 80s come around. The Mariners teams during that time should've been better than they were in real life.

Other teams for you to consider:
1990 Los Angeles - stacked farm system - Kerros, Piazza, Pedro Martinez
1990 STL - do you keep the core group from the 1980s around after the season, or do you go with the RL youth movement?
1990 NY Yankees - the main players from the late 1990s core group (with the exception of Jeter) are already in the system. You may have to add Pettitte, as he was drafted in 1990 but DNP until 1991.
1990 Atlanta - farm system
early 1990s Seattle - This is a chance to control the coolest team of the 1990s. If you can keep your pitching prospects healthy and have them develop (Fleming and Salkeld), you should have a chance to get deep into October. You have a chance to dominate if you can develop a solid pitching staff to go along with what should be an awesome lineup.

Last edited by ra24mpa; 02-29-2016 at 03:35 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
ra24mpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 03:40 PM   #32
tejdog1
All Star Starter

2004 Mets
and current Mets
How I turn my head and lose it all

And it's unnerving
How just one move puts me by myself
There you go just trusting someone else
Now I know I put us both through hell

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Everyone knows it's spelled "TRAID", not trade
tejdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 03:43 PM   #33
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Having never done historical before, I think I’m going to give it a shot with the historical minors. I will probably start in 1995 with my Reds. I turned 12 at the beginning of that season and that was the year I became a diehard baseball fan.

Question for historical players. I’m leaning towards having fictional players enter the draft starting in 1995, but want to keep teams switching leagues, moving and the actual expansion teams coming into the league when they are supposed to. Is that easy to do? I suppose I could always do a test in OOTP16. Thanks.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 03:51 PM   #34
StanfordBerkely
Minors (Single A)

One thing I liked doing in OOTP 15 was starting unemployed and seeing what jobs open up after the season, then pick my rebuild between those teams
StanfordBerkely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 03:58 PM   #35
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Having never done historical before, I think I’m going to give it a shot with the historical minors. I will probably start in 1995 with my Reds. I turned 12 at the beginning of that season and that was the year I became a diehard baseball fan.

Question for historical players. I’m leaning towards having fictional players enter the draft starting in 1995, but want to keep teams switching leagues, moving and the actual expansion teams coming into the league when they are supposed to. Is that easy to do? I suppose I could always do a test in OOTP16. Thanks.
I have no clue about having fictional players enter the draft. As for teams switching leagues, moving and actual expansion, just select the option for historical expansion. It's part of the historical setup wizard. If checked, all of the above will happen automatically.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 04:02 PM   #36
GoBucsGo
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (4)
1996 Yankees
1998 Cardinals
1995 Orioles
1988 Pirates
2000 Mets
2011 Phillies
2003 Cubs

SO.MANY.HISTORICAL.TEAMS
GoBucsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 04:05 PM   #37
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
I have no clue about having fictional players enter the draft. As for teams switching leagues, moving and actual expansion, just select the option for historical expansion. It's part of the historical setup wizard. If checked, all of the above will happen automatically.
Yeah, I kinda figured the expansion part would be easy on its own, but didn't know how it worked if I only have fictional players enter the draft (if that's possible). I don't know, though, I may end up sticking with real players.
Old 02-29-2016, 04:10 PM   #38
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Yeah, I kinda figured the expansion part would be easy on its own, but didn't know how it worked if I only have fictional players enter the draft (if that's possible). I don't know, though, I may end up sticking with real players.

That I do know. If you only want fictional players to enter the draft, just uncheck the option "import historical rookies" and set your draft to however many rounds you want. This will give you all fictional players. With the before mentioned box historical expansion box checked, the league will expand, Houston will move to the AL, Milwaukee to the NL(did that happen after 95) etc.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 04:10 PM   #39
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Import my fictional league first, then start a historical league with full minors in the early 1930's.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 04:20 PM   #40
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
That I do know. If you only want fictional players to enter the draft, just uncheck the option "import historical rookies" and set your draft to however many rounds you want. This will give you all fictional players. With the before mentioned box historical expansion box checked, the league will expand, Houston will move to the AL, Milwaukee to the NL(did that happen after 95) etc.
Thanks!

Way too many options!