Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-28-2014, 09:19 PM   #1
Aerosol
Minors (Single A)

Indy League Teams Signing Minors Contracts

Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I set up my independent league concurrent with real world MLB+full minors and tinkered with the range of financials (i.e. a star player earns roughly xxxx, an average player should earn roughly xxxx, etc.) then deleted all the original players and delayed opening day by a year in hopes that the teams would fill their rosters with existing free agents from around the universe. It partially works, but there are also a lot of "minor league contracts" which I do not understand given that there is no minor league associated with this independent league (i am using reserve teams).

Separately, is there a way to encourage teams building up their rosters on contracts longer than 1 year so as to retain some franchise roster integrity and not have 50-100% turnover every year in independent leagues?
Aerosol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:25 PM   #2
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

I presume you have a reserve roster for said indy league. The minor-league contracts are probably the guys on said reserve roster. I think you can turn off the reserve roster but you might see some funky roster moves.

As to the second question, there's a setting for average contract length. Might check that.
olivertheorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:33 PM   #3
Aerosol
Minors (Single A)

I do have reserve rosters enabled, however each team has a good amount of players on their active signed to "minor league deals." Almost everyone who is signed to a regular contract is signed only to a 1 year deal as well which I suppose will lead to a huge amount of turnover year on year which could hurt immersion since teams wont keep their players. But I guess I could justify it as players who still think they have a shot at the big leagues not wanting to get tied down for multiple years in an indy league..
Old 05-28-2014, 09:52 PM   #4
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

Where are you in the season?
Old 05-28-2014, 10:21 PM   #5
Aerosol
Minors (Single A)

Have just made it to Spring Training.

I waited to create the league until after MLB Opening Day 2014 so as to give the indy league teams a full year to build up through free agent signings (as opposed to creating fictional players).
Old 05-28-2014, 11:03 PM   #6
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

I'm not sure, but maybe those are guys signed to minor league deals who will become "major" league contracts once spring training's over and they're officially on the 40-man (or equivalent)?
Old 05-29-2014, 12:50 AM   #7
GMLoophole
All Star Reserve

I am getting ready to run an indy league for the first time in a long time, but the last time round I noticed the phenomenon you describe. In my case it was an international league, and for some reason the teams insisted on putting the local-born players on the reserve roster and foreign players on the active roster.

Sorry for the tangent but I thought this might be related to the issue you all are facing.
GMLoophole is offline   Reply With Quote