Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 04-02-2018, 06:38 PM   #1
Shawnp0001
Bat Boy

Starting from 1871

I am trying run a simulation from 1871 to present. An arduous task yes, but why not! I played the first season and in trying to transition to 1872, it had me start with five teams and conduct expansion draft for Brooklyn Atlantics. I'd like to begin the season with all 11 teams without having to monkey around with this draft, releasing all players and drafting again. What is the best way to transition to 1872 with the real teams and their rosters (for players traded like Davy Force, George Zettlein et al....I can handle that myself).
Shawnp0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 08:52 PM   #2
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnp0001 View Post
I am trying run a simulation from 1871 to present. An arduous task yes, but why not! I played the first season and in trying to transition to 1872, it had me start with five teams and conduct expansion draft for Brooklyn Atlantics. I'd like to begin the season with all 11 teams without having to monkey around with this draft, releasing all players and drafting again. What is the best way to transition to 1872 with the real teams and their rosters (for players traded like Davy Force, George Zettlein et al....I can handle that myself).
I would advise using expansion the way the game provides for now.

What your asking can be done but its not easy to do from scratch.

You would have to edit the teams csv file. You would need to have a list of transactions. There are some transactions that had no date. This is important as teams folded during the season. You don't want to trade a player on a team that had only 10 players till you have to.

You will need to create human mangers or do something to keep the computer from releasing players. Not allowing ai to make roster changes might work but during expansion i found it was still signing players.
I use historical managers.
You will need to use a as played schedule if you want exact rosters.
Or you may have players that played on a team that played 12 games playing 100.
You will need to pay attention to the pitching rotation and injury settings.

I use real teams and rosters. I started in 1871 and currently in 1883.
Im thinking about making a guide of how i do my league if that might help anyone.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 07:29 PM   #3
JaBurns
All Star Starter

A guide would be great, I always start in 1901 now because starting earlier has always caused me more problems than it was worth.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:20 PM   #4
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, someome must be patient if he wants to play in the 19th century since a lot of things have to be done manually if you want realism...

Of course it works better this year, but it need more works (if Markus could program a way to fold teams automatically most of the problems would be solved).

That's mine after 7 seasons...
Attached Images

The complete set (1871 to 1959)

Just the update (1950 to 1959)
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:39 AM   #5
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AESP_pres View Post
Yeah, someome must be patient if he wants to play in the 19th century since a lot of things have to be done manually if you want realism...

Of course it works better this year, but it need more works (if Markus could program a way to fold teams automatically most of the problems would be solved).

That's mine after 7 seasons...
Actually that can already be done. I'm not talking about the expansion the game uses but with the real team expansion.
I can send you the file to do it if you want it.
Rookies go to their team automatically as well.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:59 AM   #6
Erosa
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMan View Post
Actually that can already be done. I'm not talking about the expansion the game uses but with the real team expansion.
I would be interested in your file. I used the one you had created for ootp 16 and 17. Were you able to include the missing teams from 1884 such as
the Toledo Blue Stockings? I was not able to locate them in the database that came with the game.
Erosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 12:25 PM   #7
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMan View Post
That would be nice... One thing for sure that would be less work.

Thanks!

The complete set (1871 to 1959)

Just the update (1950 to 1959)
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 12:37 PM   #8
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AESP_pres View Post
That would be nice... One thing for sure that would be less work.

Thanks!
Ok I can send it after work.
It's just an edited teams csv file.