Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 01-04-2017, 09:04 AM   #1
IreTheGreat
Bat Boy

Multiple questions

Hello,

I have some questions that require answers.
  1. GM/HC stats: If I play in Sandbox, will my GM stats ever go up ?
  2. GM reputation: Sandbox again, after a few seasons, will it change ? I want to begin as a total noob and progress in my career.
  3. Time limit: Is there a time limit in the game in Sandbox, such as GM age or something ? Is there one in PTG ?
  4. Guide: Is there a guide for the game ? I tried playing for several hours, had fun trying to get a good formation and tactics, but ultimately I get rekt every single season.
  5. Formation: Should I rely on the assistant to make lines and dress players ?

Thanks !
IreTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 03:20 PM   #2
Senko1291
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I haven't played sandbox yet so I won't be of much help in that department but I do know that you should NOT let the asst set the team and lines. They are drunk most of the time and insist in using 4th line guys on the 2nd line and PP so I always do it myself.

I had the issue of getting whooped every single season until I started taking it a lot slower. Switch up your lines if your struggling, change some of the player roles so they have the role they are most comfortable with. And make sure you adjust to each and every game.
Senko1291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 01:30 PM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

GM/HC won't improve in Sandbox mode (but can be edited); reputation will, though. No time limit. As you're learning, it may be useful to let the AI make some lineup decisions for you, but keep an eye on what it does so you can get a better idea of the logic involved and eventually move on to making them yourself.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote