Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-23-2016, 08:57 PM   #81
silverwolf
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger77 View Post
I just looked in-game. The in-game top prospect list is radically different from the one on HTML.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
I'm not sure what to say, but yeah, I load it up in 17.8.54 (or my newer one, even with the older 17.7.53), and Gonzalez is always #2 or #3, Rosario is in the league top 20.
Okay, well, we still have a problem. The top 20 pitchers for Montreal show these two 2-star players as the only top prospects, Gonzalez is nowhere to be found.

Name:  Selection_007.png
Views: 1325
Size:  10.3 KB

What do we do next? Wait for another patch and keep our fingers crossed? Something looks broken and we're looking for help.
silverwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:49 AM   #82
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwolf View Post
Okay, well, we still have a problem. The top 20 pitchers for Montreal show these two 2-star players as the only top prospects, Gonzalez is nowhere to be found.

Attachment 455115

What do we do next? Wait for another patch and keep our fingers crossed? Something looks broken and we're looking for help.
Well, it should be better in the next patch.

Also keep in mind that nothing has actually changed in the players - simply the metrics we use to compile the top prospects lists.Worst case you should simply "not trust" the lists that we put out and use your own determination for who the top prospects are.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 11:54 AM   #83
Katsox
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffmatt17 View Post
Bump this question: I didn't see this addressed in this thread and have the same inquiry. I've made many failed attempts at importing players from the minor league db.

Will we see this functionality soon?
I was wondering the same thing as well. Thanks!!
Katsox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 11:15 AM   #84
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Quote:

Also keep in mind that nothing has actually changed in the players - simply the metrics we use to compile the top prospects lists.Worst case you should simply "not trust" the lists that we put out and use your own determination for who the top prospects are.
The real question is why break something that wasn't broken? Just saying
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 03:16 PM   #85
bp_
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

This doesn't make any sense...especially in a league without scouts/coaches. The top prospect lists should have the best rated players toward the top. It also makes the online reports much less useful if you are trying to identify prospects to target in a trade.
Old 05-30-2016, 01:17 PM   #86
goldfinger77
Minors (Double A)

Here's an issue I can't find addressed anywhere else on the forum: miscellaneous expenses.

This link is the only reference I can find to them in the manual:

Quote:
Projected miscellaneous expenses (personnel payroll, scouting, player development, etc.) are subtracted from the projected budget.
In my online league, we do not have personnel, we do not have scouting, and we do not use the player development budget. However, during our first offseason using OOTP17, multiple teams already have tens of millions of dollars in misc. expenses with no discernible explanation. Take Guelph, for example:

It is the beginning of Spring Training, and Guelph has not given out any signing bonuses to free agents, has no personnel or scouting or player development costs, has not released anyone, and yet has $25 million in expenses. As you can see below, these are categorized by the game as misc. expenses:

So my question is this: where are these expenses coming from?
goldfinger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 01:24 PM   #87
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Usually those expenses are from releasing a player. So if they cut a player who was making 25M per year, that 25M goes into the misc expenses.
Old 05-30-2016, 01:32 PM   #88
goldfinger77
Minors (Double A)

Yes, but like I said, they haven't released anyone.
Old 05-30-2016, 02:16 PM   #89
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger77 View Post
Yes, but like I said, they haven't released anyone.
Did they release anyone last year? I see they have a misc expense for next year as well, that's why I mentioned it.

The only ways to get misc expenses spaced out over time are:
1. Expansion fees
2. Posting fees
3. Cutting players

Expansion fees are decreasing over 3-4 years, so I can see that's not likely the case here. With a 29M charge last year, 25M this year, and 27M next year, the likely case to me is that an expensive player was cut last year and paid out over time.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:23 PM   #90
goldfinger77
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Did they release anyone last year? I see they have a misc expense for next year as well, that's why I mentioned it.

The only ways to get misc expenses spaced out over time are:
1. Expansion fees
2. Posting fees
3. Cutting players

Expansion fees are decreasing over 3-4 years, so I can see that's not likely the case here. With a 29M charge last year, 25M this year, and 27M next year, the likely case to me is that an expensive player was cut last year and paid out over time.
Awesome, thanks so much. Turns out the simmer accidentally cut an expensive player from my team last offseason, and I just didn't see the big misc. expenses charge last season. Appreciate it!
Old 06-10-2016, 05:43 PM   #91
Procision
Bat Boy

Can we expect another patch? If so, will rosters be updated again?
Procision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 02:51 PM   #92
ossyoos
Bat Boy

Since this update any new games have had a weird FA issue. I have tested this 3 or 4 times now, including a bone-stock mlb standard game as an unemployed gm simulating everything. The FA offensive player pool dips below 100 in July, while pitchers stay around 600 or so. The offensive pool is almost all catchers.
A game I started on an earlier patched version didn't show this problem even 10 years in, whereas this happens in season 1.

Looking through the transactions logs are showing plenty of teams signing offensive players to minor league deals. I checked to see if it was the same bug as before where a minor league team became unaffiliated and this is not the case.

I'm looking for either a download of a previous patched version of the software, or if this is a known issue.
ossyoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 03:32 PM   #93
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossyoos View Post
Since this update any new games have had a weird FA issue. I have tested this 3 or 4 times now, including a bone-stock mlb standard game as an unemployed gm simulating everything. The FA offensive player pool dips below 100 in July, while pitchers stay around 600 or so. The offensive pool is almost all catchers.
A game I started on an earlier patched version didn't show this problem even 10 years in, whereas this happens in season 1.

Looking through the transactions logs are showing plenty of teams signing offensive players to minor league deals. I checked to see if it was the same bug as before where a minor league team became unaffiliated and this is not the case.

I'm looking for either a download of a previous patched version of the software, or if this is a known issue.
Should probably be posted in the bugs report forum just in case it isn't seen here.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 06:02 PM   #94
One Dog
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Post-Draft update

Any idea when the next update is coming? Not being pushy - just don't want to invest multiple days in setting up a new league only to find out an update was being worked on.

Cheers.
One Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 06:54 PM   #95
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Dog View Post
Any idea when the next update is coming? Not being pushy - just don't want to invest multiple days in setting up a new league only to find out an update was being worked on.

Cheers.
Next update is coming very soon

However, mostly but fixes and 3d updates, so I doubt anything would impact a new league setup. If you want to be safe you can just wait a couple days though.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:23 PM   #96
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Quote:
Next update is coming very soon

However, mostly but fixes and 3d updates, so I doubt anything would impact a new league setup. If you want to be safe you can just wait a couple days though.
Will the prospect rankings be fixed? I have figured out that it now favors AAA and AA prospects more than A and Rookie and while thats not a terrible idea, it will also favor a 2 star guy who is closer to meeting his future ratings than a 5 star, more raw guy and that's absolutely not accurate.
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote