Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-29-2014, 01:40 PM   #1
thehef
Hall Of Famer

retrosheet-style stats display

1) When looking at team batting reports, whether it's the current season or history, I would like to see as an additional sorting option the ability to list the players in the order that Retrosheet (example: The 1975 Boston Red Sox Roster) and baseball-reference.com does, which is in the order of most games played at each position, in the order of C, 1b, 2b, 3b, ss, lf, cf, rf, (dh, if applicable), followed - after a blank line - by all other batters in descending order of At Bats, and then - after another blank line - pitchers (in order of descending number of AB's)... Some logic would need to be applied because, not only would fielding stats need to be checked to determine the player who played the most games at each position, but ties would need to broken, and situations where one player played the most games at two positions (like Jim Gilliam on the '62 Dodgers, who played the most games at both 2b and 3b), would need to be dealt with (these odd circumstances are rare enough that programming logic need not be complex)... For pitching reports, pitchers could simply be listed in descending order of innings pitched (like Retrosheet) or how baseball-reference.com does, which is a little different in that they list out SP's, CL, and RP's.

2) Also, on the same reports, it would be nice if the position shown for each player was the position he actually played the most-frequently that season, not the position to which OOTP has assigned him... To take this a step further, if the retrosheet-style sorting order suggestion (above) were implemented, I would then like to see, for those players listed as subs, the position shown as retrosheet does, which incorporates multiple positions. For example, a player who played both 1st and 3rd base would be shown as 13, and player who played multiple infield positions, would be shown as IF, a firstbasemen/outfielder would be shown as 1O, and so forth...
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:57 PM   #2
blasek0
Major Leagues

I like the idea, but I'd rather it go by PAs than ABs.
blasek0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:04 PM   #3
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasek0 View Post
I like the idea, but I'd rather it go by PAs than ABs.
Works for me
Old 01-29-2014, 04:41 PM   #4
Statsman1
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehef View Post
Works for me
I agree entirely, except with the ability to sort by whatever column the user chooses.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:59 PM   #5
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statsman1 View Post
I agree entirely, except with the ability to sort by whatever column the user chooses.
That functionality is already there. You just click the header field - G or AB or HR, as examples - and it will sort high-to-low. Click the same header again and it will sort low-to-high.

In-between the Name and G headers, a Pos header could be inserted, and by clicking it the players would sort in the retrosheet order described above.