Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 04-21-2019, 07:58 PM   #181
Thegman0492
Minors (Double A)

So, I think, 2ksports had the rights to MLB and that MLB the Show was a first party company so they could gain the rights to The Show. EA could not because they were third party company. Yet, OOTP got the rights to baseball. Thus, even though EA has the rights to the NFL, OOTP should still be able to get the rights to the NFL if they pay enough just like they did with the MLB. What do others think?
Old 04-21-2019, 09:00 PM   #182
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegman0492 View Post
So, I think, 2ksports had the rights to MLB and that MLB the Show was a first party company so they could gain the rights to The Show. EA could not because they were third party company. Yet, OOTP got the rights to baseball. Thus, even though EA has the rights to the NFL, OOTP should still be able to get the rights to the NFL if they pay enough just like they did with the MLB. What do others think?

I for one really don’t see the need to fork that kind of cash out when everything is going to be “modable”
Old 04-22-2019, 03:55 AM   #183
Khephren
Major Leagues

Except that EA has exclusive rights to the NFL. MLB does not give out exclusive rights, for whatever reason.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:10 PM   #184
Thegman0492
Minors (Double A)

But 2KSports had or still have the rights to MLB. That is why EA Sports had to stop making baseball games.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:10 PM   #185
Khephren
Major Leagues

I stand corrected, 2kSports did not renew it's exclusive rights with MLB in 2014...I don't know why offhand

Last edited by Khephren; 04-22-2019 at 06:12 PM.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:41 PM   #186
Zeppelin462
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khephren View Post
I stand corrected, 2kSports did not renew it's exclusive rights with MLB in 2014...I don't know why offhand
This is based on no research whatsoever, but I remember their last few releases were absolute glitchy nightmares, and they were getting trounced by The Show, so I think they cut their losses and ended the series.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:54 PM   #187
rmoons24
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin462 View Post
This is based on no research whatsoever, but I remember their last few releases were absolute glitchy nightmares, and they were getting trounced by The Show, so I think they cut their losses and ended the series.
2k13 (the final one) was an exact copy paste of 12 with new rosters, like exact. I think they may have even taken a feature out. They didn’t even get new pictures for guys who changed teams or new callups/debuts. I believe it had something to do with a shortened dev time from the 2k execs but can’t remember exactly.
Old 07-02-2019, 03:01 PM   #188
Thegman0492
Minors (Double A)

Does anyone know if the game is going to look like OOTP and the Hockey game? Similar format?
Old 07-02-2019, 03:10 PM   #189
Birdland24
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Does anyone know if the game is going to look like OOTP and the Hockey game? Similar format?

Are we even getting a game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-02-2019, 07:30 PM   #190
nbryant
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdland24 View Post

Amazing, someone keeps letting the kids out.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:31 PM   #191
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

I don't know, nbryant OOTP has been developing a football game for what 6 years---seems like a fair question !!!

Last edited by mickey7; 07-02-2019 at 08:32 PM.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:40 PM   #192
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdland24 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey7 View Post

I don't know, nbryant OOTP has been developing a football game for what 6 years---seems like a fair question !!!
Asked and answered. http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=304008

Of course that pesky June 5, 2019 FOF9 update thread that is sticky(ed) at the top of this forum is pretty hard to find.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:52 AM   #193
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The idea of this merger is that yes, FOF will be adapted to the OOTP GUI. So in terms of how the game looks, it should be similar to OOTP one would think.

That being said, don't expect it to have all the same functionalities as OOTP, given that the baseball game has been in development for 20 years and this is a brand new partnership where they've had to do a lot of work to adapt FOF to fit into the OOTP GUI.
Old 07-07-2019, 03:12 PM   #194
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

Sweed---too bad you didn't read the question nbryant asked !! He didn't ask if another promise that the game would come out had been made-----he asked IF the game was coming out---the promises of it coming out have been on going for better than 6 years so his question does seem fair !!! You can believe what you want thus far you've been wrong----if and when it comes out you will be right !!!
Old 07-07-2019, 04:39 PM   #195
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sweed---too bad you didn't read the question nbryant asked !! He didn't ask if another promise that the game would come out had been made-----he asked IF the game was coming out---the promises of it coming out have been on going for better than 6 years so his question does seem fair !!! You can believe what you want thus far you've been wrong----if and when it comes out you will be right !!!
Maybe you could point out just where I've been wrong?

Feel free to quote any of my posts in this forum.

The game is coming out and we know this because....., the question is answered in this thread

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=304008
Old 07-07-2019, 09:33 PM   #196
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbryant View Post
Did you have your grandkids show you how to post, old man yelling at the clouds?
Old 07-17-2019, 06:56 PM   #197
nbryant
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Did you have your grandkids show you how to post, old man yelling at the clouds?

Nope, I followed examples left from some of your older posts!
Old 07-18-2019, 08:04 PM   #198
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Maybe you could point out just where I've been wrong?

Feel free to quote any of my posts in this forum.

The game is coming out and we know this because....., the question is answered in this thread

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=304008
And OOTP never told us BTS football was coming out ??? Your logic leaves MUCH to be desired !!!
Old 07-19-2019, 07:16 AM   #199
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And OOTP never told us BTS football was coming out ??? Your logic leaves MUCH to be desired !!!
Dude, the lead (and really only) developer for BTS died unexpectedly. Given that circumstance, I think you can give the company a pass (unless you would like them to start adding in asterisks that game won't in fact be released if the man making it passes away).

It's just a football game, there are bigger things in life ... relax man.
Old 07-19-2019, 07:34 AM   #200
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Quote: