Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 Online Leagues

OOTP 18 Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 18 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 10-02-2017, 11:55 AM   #21
Eddie Paxil
Major Leagues

2024-2025 Offseason Openings

We are an OOTP 18 league that began play in July of 2014. We are about to start 2026 Spring Training. We have begun a very unique and progressive expansion process that has two expansion teams functioning outside the main MLB and will join the MLB in 2027.View the entire process here: https://omlb.me/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1489 View the abridged version with all that applies to non-expansion teams here: https://omlb.me/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1490 We have a great core group of GMs, and I must emphasize we keep it light nowadays.

We sim Monday/ Wednesday/ Friday during the regular season with exports due at 9AM Eastern. During the playoffs and offseason we switch to everyday sims.

We've decided to take an aggressive stance on verifying player identity. We'll need to know your OOTP forum ID, and a link to a social media account not made yesterday. Our apologies, but we've seen that problem get out of hands in other leagues, and we just skirted it ourselves recently.

Look around the forum and site and hopefully you'll like what you see. Please email me with questions or to join at: omlb.me@gmail.com

BTW. We welcome all levels of players. Newbs, veterans , and intermediates. I was a newb for OOTP 2007 and was welcomed by a couple of leagues. Now I'm pretty damn good at this.

Full League Name (Initials): Online Major League Baseball (OMLB)
Website URL: The OMLB (Can't take the time to setup Wordpress right now but soon.)
StatsPlus Site: OMLB StatsPlus
Reports URL: The OMLB Reports
Forum URL: The OMLB Index page
Main Form of League Communication: Slack (The forum still has some strategic uses and I email a league communication with every sim.)
OOTP Version: OOTP 18
Players: We started with OOTP 15 Build 11 2014 Default Rosters
# Of Teams: 30 with a separate 2 team expansion league. Those teams join the main MLB in 2027 one season from now.
Exports Due: 6PM Eastern Monday, 6PM Wednesday, and 6PM Friday we switch to everyday sims during playoffs, off season, & draft.
League Time Per Sim: 7 days (With exceptions for key dates, and the end of the off season) and Monday to Monday always.
Current Season: 2025 entering July
Rules & Settings: Take a look at our Constitution Here: OMLB Constitution
Features:
- 2-8 Ratings scale like the real scouts use with a 20-80 overall and Potential again like real scouts use.
- Full Minors
- 10 International Leagues and 7 Independent leagues running Parallel.
- A points award system for Participation to use on various things, but not on editing players.

Teams Currently Available:

When I point out division strength below, be advised that's under the 6 division 5 team format for only two more seasons. At that point we move to a 4 divisions of 8 teams format and add one more playoff team.

Baltimore Orioles 100-62 (Won the AL East, might crash a little)

OOTP since 2007
Commissioner of the OMLB
GM of the OMLB New Jersey Pioneers

Commissioner of the NBBU
GM of theNBBU Hoboken Knickerbockers
Follow the NBBU Dynasty Thread Here.

Last edited by Eddie Paxil; 05-28-2018 at 12:09 AM.
Eddie Paxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:22 PM   #22
urbscholar
Bat Boy

Great league

This league is lots of fun and has some good participants. Very innovative and uses StatsPlus which is a bonus.
urbscholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:47 AM   #23
Eddie Paxil
Major Leagues

White Sox filled. Down to three openings.

When I point out division strength below, be advised that's under the 6 division 5 team format for only two more seasons. At that point we move to a 4 divisions of 8 teams format and add one more playoff team.

Miami Marlins (84-78 2nd Place) This was my team. I am leaving for an expansion team. I am totally willing to advise the next GM on where I was heading and on some of the players. Great base to retool and jump back into the playoffs. I went 7 straight years, then had an injury riddled year. I bounced back, but had one big injury near the end.
Kansas City Royals (77-85 3rd Place) The GM was a good dude, and left it on a rising track.Division has historically been weak.
Cincinnati Reds (68-94 4th Place) Closest to a true rebuild. However, the previous GM left it stocked in the farm, he's still with us. He jumped to his favorite team. Toughest division though.

OOTP since 2007
Commissioner of the OMLB

Commissioner of the NBBU
Old 10-04-2017, 12:21 PM   #24
Eddie Paxil
Major Leagues

Royals Filled.

Cincinnati Reds (68-94 4th Place) Closest to a true rebuild. However, the previous GM left it stocked in the farm, he's still with us. He jumped to his favorite team. Toughest division though.

OOTP since 2007
Commissioner of the OMLB

Commissioner of the NBBU

Last edited by Eddie Paxil; 10-06-2017 at 03:44 PM.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:38 AM   #25
Bigkizen
Bat Boy

Best league ive ever been in. Come join us, see if you can stop me getting the 3peat
Old 10-06-2017, 03:44 PM   #26
Eddie Paxil
Major Leagues

Miami marlins & Cincinnati Reds Filled

Might have more open soon.

OOTP since 2007
Commissioner of the OMLB

Commissioner of the NBBU

Last edited by Eddie Paxil; 10-06-2017 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-07-2017, 04:05 AM   #27
Jing Sao Kao
Bat Boy

I'm an absolute newb to ootp baseball and do not understand these online leagues at at all.Could someone please explain them to me?
Jing Sao Kao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:02 AM   #28
Winnipeg59
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jing Sao Kao View Post
I'm an absolute newb to ootp baseball and do not understand these online leagues at at all.Could someone please explain them to me?
In a nutshell...
1) Review your team, make lineup, rotation, player moves, other adjustments as needed. Export a file to the Commissioner's server.
2) Commissioner imports ALL team files and runs (in our case) a week of games at a time.
3) Commissioner uploads a completed week to the server.
4) Each GM then downloads new file to update game on his/her computer.

Repeat!

If you negotiate a trade, you negotiate with a human GM from another team.
If you negotiate with a free agent in the off-season, you do so in the game BUT knowing other human GM's will also be offering contracts. The AI will then take whatever deal suits it.

Once you play online, you will have a hard time playing against JUST the computer. In my opinion!

Give it a shot. Someone will step up as a mentor I am sure?
Winnipeg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 02:46 AM   #29
Eddie Paxil
Major Leagues

2026 Opening

We are an OOTP 18 league that began play in July of 2014. We are about to start 2026 Spring Training. We have begun a very unique and progressive expansion process that has two expansion teams functioning outside the main MLB and will join the MLB in 2027.View the entire process here: https://omlb.me/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1489 View the abridged version with all that applies to non-expansion teams here: https://omlb.me/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1490 We have a great core group of GMs, and I must emphasize we keep it light nowadays.

We sim Monday/ Wednesday/ Friday during the regular season with exports due at 9AM Eastern. During the playoffs and offseason we switch to everyday sims.

We've decided to take an aggressive stance on verifying player identity. We'll need to know your OOTP forum ID, and a link to a social media account not made yesterday. Our apologies, but we've seen that problem get out of hands in other leagues, and we just skirted it ourselves recently.

Look around the forum and site and hopefully you'll like what you see. Please email me with questions or to join at: EddiePaxil@optimum.net

BTW. We welcome all levels of players. Newbs, veterans , and intermediates. I was a newb for OOTP 2007 and was welcomed by a couple of leagues. Now I'm pretty damn good at this.

Website URL: The OMLB (Can't take the time to setup Wordpress right now but soon.)
Main Form of League Communication: Slack (The forum still has some strategic uses and I email a league communication with every sim.)
# Of Teams: 30 with a separate 2 team expansion league. Those teams join the main MLB in 2027 one season from now.
Exports Due: 6PM Eastern Monday, 6PM Wednesday, and 6PM Friday we switch to everyday sims during playoffs, off season, & draft.
League Time Per Sim: 7 days (With exceptions for key dates, and the end of the off season) and Monday to Monday always.
Features:
- 2-8 Ratings scale like the real scouts use with a 20-80 overall and Potential again like real scouts use.
- Full Minors
- A points award system for Participation to use on various things, but not on editing players.

OOTP since 2007
Commissioner of the OMLB

Commissioner of the NBBU

Last edited by Eddie Paxil; 02-10-2018 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:49 AM   #30
Eddie Paxil
Major Leagues

This league is once again full.

OOTP since 2007
Commissioner of the OMLB

Commissioner of the NBBU
Old 02-10-2018, 08:53 PM   #31
Eddie Paxil
Major Leagues

Look around the forum and site and hopefully you'll like what you see. Please email me with questions or to join at: EddiePaxil@optimum.net

Features:
- Full Minors

OOTP since 2007
Commissioner of the OMLB

Commissioner of the NBBU
Old 02-11-2018, 02:39 AM   #32
Mack39
Bat Boy

This sounds pretty interesting I'd like to give it a shot with the Orioles if there still open!
Mack39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 09:40 AM   #33
Eddie Paxil
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack39 View Post
This sounds pretty interesting I'd like to give it a shot with the Orioles if there still open!
Sent a PM

OOTP since 2007
Commissioner of the OMLB

Commissioner of the NBBU
Old 02-11-2018, 06:34 PM   #34
Eddie Paxil
Major Leagues

The league is once again full. Thanks to those who showed interest.

OOTP since 2007
Commissioner of the OMLB

Commissioner of the NBBU
Old 05-10-2018, 09:29 AM   #35
Eddie Paxil
Major Leagues

We are an OOTP 18 league that began play in July of 2014. We are about to start the 2026-2027 offseason.. We are completing a very unique and progressive expansion process that has had two expansion teams functioning outside the main MLB and are joining the MLB now. We will switch to OOTP 19 after the 2027 season. We are completing the expansion process in 18 because so much of the testing was done there. View the entire process here: https://omlb.me/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1489 View the abridged version with all that applies to non-expansion teams here: https://omlb.me/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1490 We're looking for four good GMs who are also good dudes to take four available teams. We have a great core group of GMs, and I must emphasize we keep it light nowadays. We've decided to take an aggressive stance on verifying player identity. We'll need to know your OOTP forum ID, and a link to a social media account not made yesterday. Our apologies, but we've seen the problem of trouble makers circling OOTP get out of hand in other leagues, and we just skirted it ourselves recently.

We sim Monday/ Wednesday/ Friday during the regular season with exports due on a changing schedule because of my job. During the playoffs and offseason we switch to everyday sims.

Look around the forum and site and hopefully you'll like what you see. Please email me with questions or to join at: OMLB.me@gmail.com

BTW. We welcome all levels of players. Newbs, veterans , and intermediates. I was a newb for OOTP 2007 and was welcomed by a couple of leagues, and made great friends. Now I'm pretty damn good at this.

Features:
- Full Minors

Arizona Diamondbacks (89-73-Won the West)
Baltimore Orioles (87-76-Wildcard)
Minnesota Twins (86-77- Lost a 1 game play in for the wildcard. Would have made it under new alignment.)
San Diego Padres (62-100- 4th pick in the draft. Was unkempt for a long time by a GM who did the minimum to stay in the league. The next GM got off to a good start on the build but had to leave.)

OOTP since 2007
Commissioner of the OMLB

Commissioner of the NBBU

Last edited by Eddie Paxil; 05-10-2018 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-10-2018, 01:42 PM   #36
Winnipeg59
All Star Starter

You will LOVE this league.
You will LOVE the new, and different, division alignment (can't recall anything similar).

The league is competitive, with a great group of GM's.
The Commissioner exceptional.

And a quality assortment of teams from which to choose your path.
Reach out to Eddie!

And YES, we will get to 19 after this season I am told!
Old 05-16-2018, 01:42 PM   #37
Winnipeg59
All Star Starter

BUMP.
Seriously, contact Eddie.
Old 05-17-2018, 04:05 PM   #38
Winnipeg59
All Star Starter

We have teams.
See the first post.
You can pick your challenge - rebuild to very competitive right now!

Great league - Competitive, Active on Slack, Great Commissioner!
Yes, we are still an 18 league, but WILL convert.

EddiePaxil@optimum.net
Old 05-19-2018, 09:11 AM   #39
Winnipeg59
All Star Starter

Bump.
Reach out. You will not be disappointed.
Old 05-19-2018, 11:44 PM   #40
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Well run league with an active and competitive group of GMs.