Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 05-20-2019, 08:48 PM   #1
pirate66
Bat Boy

Unplayable sub-league game stops league

This has happened to me twice. The game says it cannot proceed because a subleague (minor league) game cannot be played and suggests turning on ghost players. The thing is...1. The subleague doesn't exist and 2. Ghost players is turned on.

The first time I created the subleague, filled all the teams etc., and it still wouldn't proceed.

So I created a new league.

It happened again. This time it was a different non-existent subleague. I did nothing and filed this bug report.

I have uploaded the files from this 2nd time - Dingo.lg.zip.

Also I am attaching a screenshot of the error message. Please note that in the background it appears that Ghost players is not check. However, I assure you that it is. Oddly, when you choose "play" the check disappears and the error message pops up.

Actually I can't seem to upload the pic. Just hit play.
pirate66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 05:04 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Ok, we'll try to take a look at the league files and see if we can figure out what's going on. It might take a couple days before we can get to them, so if you don't hear back within the next few days, feel free to send me a PM or email as a reminder.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 10:50 PM   #3
pirate66
Bat Boy

Thanks
Old 06-10-2019, 09:48 PM   #4
pirate66
Bat Boy

DID this ever get looked at?
Old 06-17-2019, 07:07 PM   #5
ClayK
Minors (Single A)

I have had this problem since June 1 and sent four emails to support@ootpdevelopments. Two questions:

1) Is this solvable? (I'm playing 1958 in Challenge mode and the Thomasville Dodgers roster in the Georgia-Florida league is empty so I can't move forward. It's also possible there are other empty rosters. The "ghost player" option does not appear to be available.)

2) Is the support email worthless now?

A reply would be greatly appreciated as I have asked this question on this forum and in the aforementioned emails.
ClayK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 05:43 PM   #6
GopherKev
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I am running into the same issue with my league. Fictional 4-tiered promotion/relegation setup with each of the 4 tiers having 24 teams and one Triple A level affiliate. Two of the Triple A tiers have had "ghost" subleagues created that don't show up as affiliates to the parent club. My league file is called GopherKevPromRelFictionalLeague.
GopherKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 07:42 PM   #7
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayK View Post
I have had this problem since June 1 and sent four emails to support@ootpdevelopments. Two questions:

1) Is this solvable? (I'm playing 1958 in Challenge mode and the Thomasville Dodgers roster in the Georgia-Florida league is empty so I can't move forward. It's also possible there are other empty rosters. The "ghost player" option does not appear to be available.)

2) Is the support email worthless now?

A reply would be greatly appreciated as I have asked this question on this forum and in the aforementioned emails.
Yeah, I guess it's solvable. Will have to look further though.

The support email isn't worthless, but it's a bit hit or miss as to what goes through there if you don't also open a ticket. It's primarily used as the account we run the Kayako support structure through, so your best bet is actually opening a ticket to be sure to get through to us.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 10:06 PM   #8
Summers76
Minors (Double A)

Ghost Option WHERE?!?!

Your guys' technical center completely SUCKS!

We should not have to apply for tickets through some agency that is also a COMPLETE MESS!

NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM with your previous editions of the game, it seems to me you are guys are too focused on the stupid Dream team cards thingy, that you are trying to do WAY TOO MUCH...

Start getting your ducks in a row, completely disappointing when my game is interrupted by some damn minor league game wanting to do its stupid All-Star Game, I don't give a crap about the Northwestern League's All-Star Game!

I was doing a post which by the way have tons of followers for a non-sponsored blog that gets 4,000 hits a month -- A post about the 1970's Oakland A's Dynasty of what could have happened... but mid-way through 1975, my simulation went bust, because I can't find the Ghost option. Looked exactly where people have mentioned before.

SERIOUSLY -- GET YOUR DUCKS IN A ROW, FIRST!!!!
Summers76 is offline   Reply With Quote