Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 06-11-2019, 03:05 PM   #1
CFLSchooners
Bat Boy

Will the CFL be in the game?

I know it’s a long shot considering the rule changes from the nfl but I was just curious to see if there will be any other leagues in the game other then the nfl
Old 06-11-2019, 04:10 PM   #2
Jim Gindin
Solecismic Software

For now, and for the foreseeable future, Canadian Football (with a different field, different number of players, different scoring rules, different number of downs, different rules about plays) isn't on the radar. However, I did recently add a 9-team format with an 18-game schedule that defaults to cities that might seem familiar. I haven't tested it with the AI for roster formation, so no idea yet whether that will sim well. Nine teams and 32 is quite a difference when it comes to roster construction and new player generation, and the biggest challenge with different league sizes other than the pure time requirement for adding schedule formats.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:49 PM   #3
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gindin View Post
For now, and for the foreseeable future, Canadian Football (with a different field, different number of players, different scoring rules, different number of downs, different rules about plays) isn't on the radar. However, I did recently add a 9-team format with an 18-game schedule that defaults to cities that might seem familiar. I haven't tested it with the AI for roster formation, so no idea yet whether that will sim well. Nine teams and 32 is quite a difference when it comes to roster construction and new player generation, and the biggest challenge with different league sizes other than the pure time requirement for adding schedule formats.

Hi Jim, if you answered the CFL question could you answer "Will we get MP in the 1st release" please.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:15 PM   #4
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatcat View Post
Hi Jim, if you answered the CFL question could you answer "Will we get MP in the 1st release" please.
Dude, you already asked this in another thread and Jim already answered:

Quote:
The current answer is the same as when this last came up: it's something we'd like to provide, but it's a piece that doesn't transition well to a multi-platform framework. Most of FOF8 was written using C++ code meeting a multi-platform standard. The multi-player stuff was specific to Windows. So it has to be re-written and perhaps even redesigned. We feel our multi-player core of customers is very important and worth that extra effort; the question is when. No promises. Anything more than that will have to wait until the OOTP pre-release process begins.
I'm not sure why you think his answer will change or that you deserve further response basically a day later.

Last edited by Cole; 06-12-2019 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:31 PM   #5
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Wonder if there is an option for multiple pro leagues or just restricted to one.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:56 PM   #6
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Dude, you already asked this in another thread and Jim already answered:

I'm not sure why you think his answer will change or that you deserve further response basically a day later.

sorry I actually missed his reply doh!
Old 10-21-2019, 05:16 PM   #7
d9rat
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I understand how much of a challenge making the CFL a part of the game would be but I do want to voice that I would absolutely love for it to be in there.

And if I'm allowed to wish for more I would love to have multiple pro leagues at once as well.
Old 10-26-2019, 05:25 PM   #8
jslmsca
All Star Reserve

I'm just hoping to create a fictional 10 team universe (yes, 10, because Atlantic Canada needs a team) that I will assign to Canadian cities and use NFL rules. That's good enough for me for version 1. Anything else like limiting foreign players like OOTP or custom drafts or length of schedule would all be gravy at this point.

Last edited by jslmsca; 10-26-2019 at 05:27 PM.