Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 06-10-2019, 02:09 AM   #1
damoore46
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Question world_default.xml

Does anyone know exacty what the world_default.xml file does? I know it contains a listing of all cities in the game, but can it be modified to add cities to the list? Is this what is used to determine a "home town" player? Does it do anything with the play of the game other than weather?

Thanks
David
damoore46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 02:57 AM   #2
albatross11
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by damoore46 View Post
Does anyone know exacty what the world_default.xml file does? I know it contains a listing of all cities in the game, but can it be modified to add cities to the list? Is this what is used to determine a "home town" player? Does it do anything with the play of the game other than weather?

Thanks
David
https://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boa...d.php?t=224311

Might help.

albatross
albatross11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 04:45 AM   #3
damoore46
Minors (Rookie Ball)

How did my search miss this?! Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking to find.

David
damoore46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 11:15 AM   #4
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Note that the instructions in that thread with regard to adding ethnicities to the ethnicity.txt file are outdated. The ethnicity.txt file was eliminated in version 19 and that information was added to the world_default.xml file. You can find updated instructions regarding ethnicities in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damoore46 View Post
The world default file is used to create appropriate facegens for players and personnel based on the ethnicity information in the file. It also contains the baseball quality ("bbqual") values for each nation, which are used by the game when creating players and personnel.

Last edited by joefromchicago; 06-10-2019 at 12:22 PM.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:07 PM   #5
albatross11
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
Note that the instructions in that thread with regard to adding ethnicities to the ethnicity.txt file are outdated. The ethnicity.txt file was eliminated in version 19 and that information was added to the world_default.xml file. You can find updated instructions regarding ethnicities in this thread.

That's the thread I went looking for...couldn't find it.

albatross
albatross11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:22 AM   #6
Gutie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Regarding the world_default xml file. Each time I start up the game it keeps overriding the changes I make to it. How can I stop it to retain changes I've made?
Gutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 01:11 PM   #7
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutie View Post
Regarding the world_default xml file. Each time I start up the game it keeps overriding the changes I make to it. How can I stop it to retain changes I've made?
Can you explain what you mean by "start up the game?" Any time you start a new game, the game will use the world default file that is in the data file. In order to have an existing game use an updated file, you need to reload the world default file (see the instructions here). So if you are trying to get an existing game to use an updated file and you haven't reloaded the file, you'll find that the game overrides your changes. Is that what's happening?
Old 10-17-2019, 05:38 AM   #8
Gutie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
Can you explain what you mean by "start up the game?" Any time you start a new game, the game will use the world default file that is in the data file. In order to have an existing game use an updated file, you need to reload the world default file (see the instructions here). So if you are trying to get an existing game to use an updated file and you haven't reloaded the file, you'll find that the game overrides your changes. Is that what's happening?
Every time I start up OOTP 20 it overrides the changes I made to it. Meaning it won't allow me to retain any alterations I made to it. I've even had the editor I'm using prompt me that changes were made after startup. Nothing to do with making a new game. Even starting up the program it keeps overriding it with the generic unedited version. I mean start up the game in the most literal sense. I've been trying to edit the defaults for the vary reason that it uses them. (Some of the national ratings are far too high imo, and a few a bit low, thus I wanted to edit those). But as stated, each time I start up OOTP 20 it forcibly changes it back.

Last edited by Gutie; 10-17-2019 at 05:43 AM.
Gutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:54 AM   #9
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Have you reloaded the world default file?