Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 12-07-2001, 05:58 PM   #1
Erich Ingram

Post Minors filling Issue

In working on my little project I have been using the fill minors by level and then changing players names and talent ratings. Unfortunately I had a major issue with Oakland where for some reason each player that I created was linked to another player. So if you release a player it takes another one with it. The player you intended to release disappears and the linked player who is also released ends up in the free agent market.

Markus and Steve if you take a look at the file that I gave you, you will notice this issue. I am going about fixing it but with my releases and deletions it is not letting me delete everyone and thus dupes are showing up on the roster, not available players for use but for trade. It is weird

IOSBL San Diego Aztecs 2010, 2012,2013, 2014 World Series Champions
Maelstrom Padres 2026 World Champions
eMLB Washington Nationals
Erich Ingram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 06:34 PM   #2
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer

[quote]Originally posted by Rolen17:
<strong>In working on my little project I have been using the fill minors by level and then changing players names and talent ratings. Unfortunately I had a major issue with Oakland where for some reason each player that I created was linked to another player. So if you release a player it takes another one with it. The player you intended to release disappears and the linked player who is also released ends up in the free agent market.

Markus and Steve if you take a look at the file that I gave you, you will notice this issue. I am going about fixing it but with my releases and deletions it is not letting me delete everyone and thus dupes are showing up on the roster, not available players for use but for trade. It is weird</strong><hr></blockquote>

That sounds like the auto-fill minors/player database corruption bug. It can be reproduced when you use the fill minors button on a team that does not have very many players, or at least many players in the minors. It also will happen every time if you create a new team and use the auto-fill minors button to fill up that new team with players. Symptoms for this problem are clicking on a player and a different player screen pops up, or releasing a player and the pop-up message saying someone else was released. This seems to happen to players on the minor league rosters 15-20 spots down (and below) from the top, though it might happen with the major league rosters as well (I have not seen that).

When I have come across this I just used a back up of the league in question so hopefully you have a recent backup. Not sure how easy it is to manually fix after it happens, seems to me you would have to delete and "remake" many of the players, plus there is the likelihood of duplicate players - good luck fixing it or finding a workaround, and fingers crossed that you've backed up your work recently too.
Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 02:05 AM   #3
Steve Kuffrey
Administrator

Rolen 17

What version of the game are you using when this happens?
Baseball Maelstrom-Montreal Expos-2013 Tourney winner, 2014 WC Team
Sparky's League - Tampa Bay D'Rays
Epicenter Baseball League - Astros 2014
The CBL Rewind - Phillies '95
Steve Kuffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 03:50 AM   #4
Erich Ingram

3.2 as I have the ability to fill the minors at each level individually. Oakland was the only team that this happened with.

Old 12-08-2001, 05:14 AM   #5
Steve Kuffrey
Administrator

I passed this on to Markus again.
Baseball Maelstrom-Montreal Expos-2013 Tourney winner, 2014 WC Team
Sparky's League - Tampa Bay D'Rays
Epicenter Baseball League - Astros 2014
The CBL Rewind - Phillies '95
Steve Kuffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 05:39 AM   #6
Erich Ingram

Great thanks, It only happened with the one team so that is not awful, but a pain. :-). I have figured out a way to get around it though so that is good. I have imported an old copy of Oakland prior to my adding the rest of the players into my roster and now I will just recreate Oakland. It is a nusiance but not as bad as it could have been. Hopefully it will not delay this too long, as I know everyone is getting anxious to see the rosters.