Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21 > PT Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-06-2020, 08:18 PM   #1
halfbutt
Minors (Double A)

Quick Pitcher Hook

Can anyone explain why the AI continues to lift my starting pitchers after 1IP, 1.2 IP, etc?

I have set the team strategy in 1st-6th inning to be a slightly longer hook, and set the pitcher's player strategy to longer starter hook, plus override team strategy.

In the last instance, Berrios was lifted after 1IP and 15 pitches. He gave up a two out three run home run in the first inning and did not come out for the second.

A couple games before that, Patrick Corbin was lifted after 21 pitches in the second in a similar situation.

I would far rather have my starters give me innings this early in the season. Every time this happens, one of my long relievers has to come in and consequently they are over used and tired when they really are needed.

This happened in 12 instances during the last season with various pitchers, and, while I understand to some degree taking a beating from strong offensive whale teams can cause this, at present, there is better parity in the league I am in. If I have given Berrios a pitch count of 99, I don't want the AI to yank him after 15 pitches and one inning, regardless of three run home run.

Any insight (other than get better starting pitchers) would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:45 PM   #2
halfbutt
Minors (Double A)

Same starter on consecutive days

So in addition to the above problem, Perfect Team AI just started Mike Soroka on consecutive days. His spot in the rotation has not changed, and after pitching a complete game against Jack Flaherty, he promptly started the next game!

Needless to say, he got lifted after 1.1 IP.

My settings are 5 man rotation, strict, on occasion most rested. The next starter, Gausman was 100%. They are both righties.

What gives?