Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-06-2020, 08:51 AM   #301
Boomcoach
All Star Reserve

The Kaiju and the LabRats both made the playoffs, so should be moving up, the Boomerangs finished above .500, but missed the playoffs and will be staying in Rookie. I updated my Friends list last night, made sure that "With Friends" was selected in my profile and made sure that I hit Submit Team. Hope that gets me into the same leagues as the rest this time!

Edit: Just looked at my sig and it looks like all three moved up to Stone and are together.

Let's Go Crew
Boomcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:01 AM   #302
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Actually, it's a baker's dozen.

There are 13 of us in ST107, with Coney Island, AC Central, and Port Ruppert, NC Central, as the two socially distant squads in OL 2022.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:23 AM   #303
allenciox
All Star Reserve

OL card luck

So now my Caspers and Southpaws are in the same league (the stone OL league). The Caspers have had a good bit of card luck so far (best one was 99 Willie Mays, which they sold for 198k and have been picking up some nice pieces with the spoils of that), but finally my Southpaws got some fantastic card luck --- they won 2 bronze tournies overnight and drew perfect Carl Hubbell. He is now on the AH for 319,999 BIN (if anyone is interested)

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 10:35 AM   #304
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Good grief that is some great pack related luck. The best card I’ve gotten from a pack (post team formation) has been maybe a BJ Surhoff who I believe is a bronze 67 or thereabouts.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 10:37 AM   #305
revmcgator
All Star Starter

I'm having ZERO success in tournaments. But at least the Rock Piles picked up a banner for their runner-up finish in R92.

From this point it looks like it will be a very slow buildup on the rosters of all three clubs. The Rams, who I initially thought would become my best team, are by far the worst. Without some divine intervention, they will probably go round and round in Rookie for awhile.

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 10:59 AM   #306
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Rev, I’m having the same issue with Brigadoon… I thought as the team is focused on hitting they would do well. However the packs I initially opened had middling golds that didn’t sell for that much, and the team failed to generate a significant amount of PP during the season. So it will be a long road ahead of me too.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:10 AM   #307
Magus978
All Star Starter

Otonokizaka and Transylvania are all on their own in Iron 180. They are once again among BFF teams. They do not play each other this season.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 12:19 PM   #308
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
I looked at your roster and I think we match up well. In my quick perusal, it seemed like we didn't have any players in common. That possibility is one of the coolest things about OL.

I hope OOTP meant the joke when they made Rex Hudler a One Hit Wonder.

How about a wager on the season series? We'll put up the Sanitarium Hills Stadium concession stand's famous Nut Rolls, if you offer some of Shinbone's osso buco.
Sounds like a fair bet!!
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 12:25 PM   #309
bsta93
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
Otonokizaka and Transylvania are all on their own in Iron 180. They are once again among BFF teams. They do not play each other this season.
We are the only OL teams in the league, but we don't have any matchups against each other. Quite disappointing. I guess we'll have to make it an OL World Series.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:46 PM   #310
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsta93 View Post
We are the only OL teams in the league, but we don't have any matchups against each other. Quite disappointing. I guess we'll have to make it an OL World Series.
Not a chance in hell. Otonokizaka sucks

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 01:37 PM   #311
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
So now my Caspers and Southpaws are in the same league (the stone OL league). The Caspers have had a good bit of card luck so far (best one was 99 Willie Mays, which they sold for 198k and have been picking up some nice pieces with the spoils of that), but finally my Southpaws got some fantastic card luck --- they won 2 bronze tournies overnight and drew perfect Carl Hubbell. He is now on the AH for 319,999 BIN (if anyone is interested)
Assuming you read my posts detailing Asylum's run of pack luck, I have to say, either one of those pulls blows them completely out of the universe! Two such pulls are incomprehensible! And a Willie Mays! Of course, last year's Founder Cup winner did the right with his luck and his teams will show it. Not like someone else and a certain Cy Young pull. A Willie Mays, I'm soooooo jealous.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 04-06-2020 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:37 PM   #312
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmcgator View Post
I'm having ZERO success in tournaments. But at least the Rock Piles picked up a banner for their runner-up finish in R92.

From this point it looks like it will be a very slow buildup on the rosters of all three clubs. The Rams, who I initially thought would become my best team, are by far the worst. Without some divine intervention, they will probably go round and round in Rookie for awhile.

If you're just letting the AI set the lineup, take a half-hour to tweak the lineup a little. I shortened the bullpens, and got a little more pop and defense and it helped a bit. It's still pretty hit or miss because the lineups are so similar. The AI goes almost strictly by the overall first, so guys with a strong interior rating, but 2 or 3 points down in the overall get skipped, it seemed to me. Then just save the lineup and paste it in. Like I said it's still iffy because of parity. Still I don't think I've had a single day where any of my teams got skunked since I spent that half hour. I just make sure I check that each team has three tourneys whenever I log into them. Only takes a mintue. Do that three or four times a day, and I think you'll have a little something to show for it.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:46 PM   #313
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

The name, the face, it had to be...

When I saw his card a few days ago, I knew he was going to play before the raucous, rabid rooters of Sanitarium Hills Stadium some day. I couldn't stand it anymore. I think 3300 might be a little overpaid, but what price can you put on the tug of the heart strings, and the workings of fate? Introducing the newest, and never to be replaced, Asylum Keeper.
Attached Images
Old 04-06-2020, 06:31 PM   #314
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I love the Dave Brain picture, that’s a stroke of genius!

I have spent a little time looking at the stone league teams and man, there were one or two stacked teams last week in rookie ball but this league is crazy. There must be four or five teams of chock full of diamonds and or perfects.

How tough is it? Annandale is no offensive powerhouse, but in my opening four-game series I lost three games… and the opposing pitcher threw a two hitter in each of those three losses!
Old 04-06-2020, 08:24 PM   #315
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

White Pigeon Bakery Welcomes Keepeers Back to Our League

White Pigeon Bakery, makers of Keeper Cakes, the official nut roll served at Sanitarium Hills Stadiums, announced that, free for the taking wherever Keeper Cakes are sold, fans can get collectible Founders Cup replicas. The 8-inch tall molded trophies have a copy of the Shinbone against Asylum schedule for this year attached. The schedule is also available, free, as well, as a refrigerator magnet. One each to a customer please.

Since these are the only Our League games the two squads were able to schedule, the teams have decided on a taste-tempting trophy of sorts. The teams will battle to take home a delicious booty. The Keepers have put up Keeper Cakes, naturally, while the Stars have proffered mouth-watering osso buco from Luce Stellare Ristorante in Shinbone. The winners will enjoy both gastronomic prizes, while the losers will go home hungry.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 04-07-2020 at 02:56 AM.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:26 PM   #316
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Wtf?

I just noticed, as I posted this, that the game had changed my initials from ASK+ to SS+. Better go fix it, and check Port Ruppert. Never mind, a senior moment. This is my schedule and that's Shinbone's abbreviation. I guess I wasn't always so dim. I don't think I would have lasted long enough to have senior moments. I also meant to put Asylum's logo on the schedule. Did that, too. I guess this post, and the various edits, are unneeded, but I don't know how to take them down once they're up.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 04-06-2020 at 08:45 PM.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:53 PM   #317
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Not Ready Yet?

The Terra Incognita Rustlers are 2-10 against OL teams to start off their season at 5-13. They finish out the first day of sims with 10 more games against their future brethren. Unless, of course, this scares them off. Ouch!
Old 04-06-2020, 09:59 PM   #318
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

How the Caspers/Spouthpaws Ownership does Social Distancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post

Wow!
Attached Images
Old 04-07-2020, 05:44 AM   #319
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

Pleasant surprise this morning to see that the Daytona Tortugas catapulted into 2nd place half game behind the Haymakers in the Rookie 85 League they turned 0-6 to start the season into 15-11 and have gone 9-1 in their last 10 games
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 07:15 AM   #320
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Rock Piles, Rangers Revved Up

K-Town and Kansas broke quickly in the chase to capture the first ever OL Stone Crown.
Attached Images