Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 01-04-2019, 12:51 PM   #1
Augetout
Minors (Double A)

Perhaps a silly question, but...

I would like to post game recaps on the dynasty forum.

I do not have adobe, thus converting screenshots to pdf doesn't seem to be an option.

I would like to do voiceover game recaps, but it doesn't seem the forums support that.

I am not a tech-wiz, but I am not devoid of technical skills.

I would appreciate some work-around ideas, please.

Meaning no offense, it seems like a game that strengthens its community via forums, complete with game recaps, etc., is not all that user friendly in that area. (obviously I could be wrong and might just be missing a step)

Thanks ahead of time.
"When I got out of the cab, I had the best moment of my baseball career, because right in front of the stadium was a statue of me! It was a big surprise. It wasn't like I was an All-Star. There were a couple of mistakes: The statue was me batting left-handed, and I hit right-handed, and they got the number wrong. The statue was #7, and of course I wore #9 when I played with the Cards. No big deal, I think they got a deal on the statue. It was by some guy named "Stan the Man"---Bob Uecker
Augetout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 01:06 PM   #2
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

I know I sort of already said some of this on your dynasty thread, but I'm realizing that I might not have explained well or perhaps I'm not grasping what it is you are trying to do here.
But what I'm wondering is why you wouldn't just post the screenshots without turning them into PDF's? I do have Adobe but I just take screenshots of the applicable OOTP screens that I wish to share, which I believe (at work right now, so not in front of my personal laptop) are in JPG form, and then I upload those to my posts here. As I said in the other thread, I'm not terribly tech savvy and this is just the easiest way I have found to accomplish what I wish to do.
Does this not work for you?
(I have no idea about voice-over recaps, but as you said, that may just be out of the realm of possibility here at this point.)
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 01:18 PM   #3
Augetout
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdWatcher View Post
I know I sort of already said some of this on your dynasty thread, but I'm realizing that I might not have explained well or perhaps I'm not grasping what it is you are trying to do here.
But what I'm wondering is why you wouldn't just post the screenshots without turning them into PDF's? I do have Adobe but I just take screenshots of the applicable OOTP screens that I wish to share, which I believe (at work right now, so not in front of my personal laptop) are in JPG form, and then I upload those to my posts here. As I said in the other thread, I'm not terribly tech savvy and this is just the easiest way I have found to accomplish what I wish to do.
Does this not work for you?
(I have no idea about voice-over recaps, but as you said, that may just be out of the realm of possibility here at this point.)
When I take a screenshot, and attempt to save it, my only 2 choices are: HTML page, or complete webpage. If I had to guess, this would be where the process is fubar'd, and I've tried numerous work-arounds, to no avail. As you know, the best I've come up with so far is a link to the game recap, which is undesirable.

I do appreciate the help, and do not mean to denigrate those who have already attempted to help----was just looking for a new solution given the ones I have been provided haven't worked for me.

I even downloaded open office to get the ability to convert files to PDF, but it didn't work.
"When I got out of the cab, I had the best moment of my baseball career, because right in front of the stadium was a statue of me! It was a big surprise. It wasn't like I was an All-Star. There were a couple of mistakes: The statue was me batting left-handed, and I hit right-handed, and they got the number wrong. The statue was #7, and of course I wore #9 when I played with the Cards. No big deal, I think they got a deal on the statue. It was by some guy named "Stan the Man"---Bob Uecker
Old 01-04-2019, 01:29 PM   #4
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Do you have the snipping tool on your computer? That's what I use for quick screenshots. You could also use the Print Screen function and then paste in Paint and save however you want. As for doing some kind of voice-over, you could use a file service like Media Fire to upload the audio files and link to them in the recap.

Last edited by stealofhome; 01-04-2019 at 01:31 PM.
stealofhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 01:42 PM   #5
Augetout
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealofhome View Post
Do you have the snipping tool on your computer? That's what I use for quick screenshots. You could also use the Print Screen function and then paste in Paint and save however you want. As for doing some kind of voice-over, you could use a file service like Media Fire to upload the audio files and link to them in the recap.
I am at work, so I do not know if my home computer has that functionality---I will check later tonight.

I have attempted to paste screenshots into paint, but as the save file choices are HTML or webpage complete, it doesn't seem to want to work.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:44 PM   #6
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Hmm. I maybe should have asked what kind of computer/OS you use.
On my very basic PC laptop with Windows 10 I just simultaneously press 3 buttons (again, not in front of my laptop right now, but I'm thinking it is Fn+Alt+PrtScrn) and the computer does it's thing- which is, turns it into a JPG screenshot which automatically gets saved into a screenshot sub-folder in my documents folder.
Not even quite sure how stumbled into that- though I think it was a combination of something someone suggested here and a little google searching to figure out how to do screenshots on a PC.
I feel very lucky that it turned out to be so easy for me and I wish I knew what to tell you about your complications. Much of the advice you are getting from others here I think is probably quite good, but it also sounds far more complicated than the way it works for me.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:52 PM   #7
Augetout
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Hmm. I maybe should have asked what kind of computer/OS you use.
On my very basic PC laptop with Windows 10 I just simultaneously press 3 buttons (again, not in front of my laptop right now, but I'm thinking it is Fn+Alt+PrtScrn) and the computer does it's thing- which is, turns it into a JPG screenshot which automatically gets saved into a screenshot sub-folder in my documents folder.
Not even quite sure how stumbled into that- though I think it was a combination of something someone suggested here and a little google searching to figure out how to do screenshots on a PC.
I feel very lucky that it turned out to be so easy for me and I wish I knew what to tell you about your complications. Much of the advice you are getting from others here I think is probably quite good, but it also sounds far more complicated than the way it works for me.
I am using Windows 7 Ultimate, and have Office, but not Adobe. It's a decent laptop---basically a jazzed-up HP EliteBook 8740W. It may very well boil down to the screenshot step in the process---which would be a good thing, lol.
Old 01-04-2019, 02:05 PM   #8
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you end up finding this as easy as I did.
I was convinced it would be harder then it turned out to be. Granted, the results I get may not be up to everyone's standards around here and are pretty basic, but I've been happy enough with them and think they get the job done. And in matters like this I will always favor easy over perfect.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:03 PM   #9
Augetout
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I'll keep my fingers crossed that you end up finding this as easy as I did.
I was convinced it would be harder then it turned out to be. Granted, the results I get may not be up to everyone's standards around here and are pretty basic, but I've been happy enough with them and think they get the job done. And in matters like this I will always favor easy over perfect.
I appreciate it. I still haven't figured it out, but truth be told I haven't worked on it in a couple of days, either.