Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-22-2018, 01:25 PM   #1
ramairluvr
Minors (Triple A)

The ONE Thing Stopping Me From Buying...

Hi everyone. I have been playing this game since OOTP6, so I was excited to find some time to download OOTP19. The only thing is, I downloaded the trial version from OOTP's website and when I start the game, it takes 3:20 minutes to load (I timed it after noticing that all it did was sit and spin for a while). I have not purchased a license key for it yet and the game splash screen will not let me start a new league (as a trial) like previous versions. Is this typical behavior for the game? If I license it, will it load more quickly? I am just a bit hesitant because of how it is acting. Any advice would be appreciated.
ramairluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 01:29 PM   #2
Critical Mass
Minors (Triple A)

Given how complex the game is, it doesn't bother me. By comparison, Candy Crush takes a long time to load on my phone considering how simple of a game it is, and it's in RAM instead of a Hard Drive.
Critical Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 01:33 PM   #3
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
As far as I know there is no trial version. Don't know if one is planned and as an annual purchaser it's not an issue for me. I would say v19 is a big step up from v18 and that comes from someone that thinks v18 is a great game.

If slow loading was a problem the boards would have exploded with posts about it. Must be something on your end? Are you running as admin? Other programs conflicting?

Maybe post your system, memory, graphics, etc. for those that might be able so help?
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 01:41 PM   #4
ramairluvr
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
As far as I know there is no trial version. Don't know if one is planned and as an annual purchaser it's not an issue for me. I would say v19 is a big step up from v18 and that comes from someone that thinks v18 is a great game.

If slow loading was a problem the boards would have exploded with posts about it. Must be something on your end? Are you running as admin? Other programs conflicting?

Maybe post your system, memory, graphics, etc. for those that might be able so help?
Sweed, you are absolutely right that a slow load would have blown up the boards. I thought that myself, but then I thought that maybe it is just running slow as it goes through initial tasks that would be eliminated once I purchased the license key.

I am also glad you included info about the trial offer. Usually I buy the game without hesitation, but I remember a few versions ago you could play up to a half season or maybe even a full season and then have to buy to continue, so I assumed that was still the case. Knowing that it is not is good so I can stop focusing on that aspect.

Did my situation happen to anyone else? I'd like more thoughts before I start looking at my machine's hardware because I am not very computer savvy.
Old 04-22-2018, 01:51 PM   #5
DCG12
All Star Starter

Location: Traveling through another dimension-not one of only sight and sound,but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundries are those of imagination.
All I can add is that I find this to be the fastest loading version ever for me personally BUT I did get a new PC running Win10 within the last year.

With that said I just timed it with the stopwatch on my phone and from clicking the icon until the main screen loaded took 16.08 sec. clicking continue game on a 26 year fictional league took another 9.21 sec to load to the standings screen.
DCG12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 01:54 PM   #6
ramairluvr
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCG12 View Post
All I can add is that I find this to be the fastest loading version ever for me personally BUT I did get a new PC running Win10 within the last year.

With that said I just timed it with the stopwatch on my phone and from clicking the icon until the main screen loaded took 16.08 sec. clicking continue game on a 26 year fictional league took another 9.21 sec to load to the standings screen.
Wow, that is definitely not happening on my end! My computer is a few years old with Windows 7, but it has never had any problems running any programs. If the worst thing that happens is a prolonged startup, that's not bad. I love the game and from everything I've read, this is the best version yet so I am excited! Thank you for sharing your experiences.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:16 PM   #7
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

1:14 here for OOTP19. :42 for OOTP18 :49 for OOTP16

Last edited by David Watts; 04-22-2018 at 02:23 PM.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 02:44 PM   #8
ramairluvr
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
1:14 here for OOTP19. :42 for OOTP18 :49 for OOTP16
Thanks David. I still have OOTP 18, OOTP 16, and OOTP 11 loaded and they all load with no delays. Hopefully this will go away once I license it.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:59 PM   #9
D-BacksJosh
Banned

I just scoured the website, I don't see any option to download a demo for OOTP19, latest demo available is for 18. Are you sure its a demo?
D-BacksJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 04:53 PM   #10
smiller
Major Leagues

57 seconds.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 05:11 PM   #11
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

You didn't download the Trial because there is no trial version. You downloaded the game, and that's why you can't start a trial league, because it's not a trial version. You will not be able to start a league until you license the game.

As for load times - could be a number of things. Do you have AV or other programs running in the background?

I would suggest purchasing a license and creating a league. The see what your load times are. If it still persists, pursue the matter further.

Hopefully it works fine once licensed.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 06:43 PM   #12
ramairluvr
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
You didn't download the Trial because there is no trial version. You downloaded the game, and that's why you can't start a trial league, because it's not a trial version. You will not be able to start a league until you license the game.

As for load times - could be a number of things. Do you have AV or other programs running in the background?

I would suggest purchasing a license and creating a league. The see what your load times are. If it still persists, pursue the matter further.

Hopefully it works fine once licensed.
Thanks Bluenoser. I don't have anything running in the background (I made sure of that the first time it took so long) and I do plan on going full purchase version tonight. I guess the trial option ended years ago and since in recent years, but no worries. Thanks for the response.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:44 PM   #13
ramairluvr
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-BacksJosh View Post
I just scoured the website, I don't see any option to download a demo for OOTP19, latest demo available is for 18. Are you sure its a demo?
D-Backs, looks like the trial version was something that was phased out years ago and I didn't realize it. Thanks for poking around the website to help find a solution.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:58 PM   #14
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Yes, at one time there would be a Demo released, usually a couple months after release. Think it stopped 5 or 6 versions ago, maybe more. Not sure at all on which ver it was.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 07:04 PM   #15
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

The first time you load the game it takes a lot longer. i would think it wasn't so bad after that, eh?

at the top it will say "installingn data" [sic] and this happens only the first time, or if you change the data directory.

it will also occur each time you install a new version/patch.

my pc is 7 years old, and it took ~8 seconds to open (ie able to click load game or create etc). main app is on an SSD, which helps load times only. my data directory in on the mechanical hdd. i have no saved games at this point so i can't test that portion out for you. it wasn't so bad when i had a full MLB league saved.

the first time i loaded it, it did take a bit longer than ootp18.. probably not 3m20s, though.

Last edited by NoOne; 04-22-2018 at 07:05 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:47 PM   #16
drhay53
Major Leagues

I mean, once I have the game open, it sometimes stays open for days; even if it took 3:20 to load, I would like, brush my teeth or something. This would not be a problem for me.
drhay53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 12:49 PM   #17
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
GAme Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramairluvr View Post
Hi everyone. I have been playing this game since OOTP6, so I was excited to find some time to download OOTP19. The only thing is, I downloaded the trial version from OOTP's website and when I start the game, it takes 3:20 minutes to load (I timed it after noticing that all it did was sit and spin for a while). I have not purchased a license key for it yet and the game splash screen will not let me start a new league (as a trial) like previous versions. Is this typical behavior for the game? If I license it, will it load more quickly? I am just a bit hesitant because of how it is acting. Any advice would be appreciated.
Might have gotten a file corrupted when downloading. might need to download again and see if it persist
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:07 PM   #18
5-4-3
Minors (Double A)

7.02 seconds from clicking on the icon to game loaded. Timed by 3rd party with digital stopwatch. This game is fast.
5-4-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:24 PM   #19
gabeeg
Minors (Rookie Ball)

starting the first time can take awhile and if you import older version...it can take a looooonnngg time. subsequent startups are very snappy on my system.
gabeeg is offline   Reply With Quote