Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-21-2014, 07:39 PM   #161
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSoxFan View Post
Two Cuban players who defected should be free agents.

Rusney Castillo (Top Cuban center fielder Rusney Castillo defects | HardballTalk) is still on the roster of Ciego de Avila. He hasn't signed with a MLB team because he is still establishing residency in the US, but is projected to join a team this year.

Odrisamer Despaigne is retired in the game, but is in a similar situation. He was reported to be close to signing with the Padres, but hasn't done so yet. Padres nearing deal with pitcher Odrisamer Despaigne - MLB Daily Dish
Thanks. Despaigne shouldn't be retired. Not sure how that happened And Castillo was an oversight on my part. Fixed both.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:41 PM   #162
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Thanks. Despaigne shouldn't be retired. Not sure how that happened And Castillo was an oversight on my part. Fixed both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Brown View Post
Thanks for that. Will update the DB.
Actually Doc fixed both!

Who's slow now? Guess it's me
Old 04-21-2014, 07:43 PM   #163
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

Quote:
Actually Doc fixed both!

Who's slow now? Guess it's me

I'll let you off, you're still grieving over Ike
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:20 PM   #164
CTSoxFan
Major Leagues

Quote:
Great.

Another guy I just noticed is randomly retired is Tyler Beede from Vandy, who should be in the draft class.

Do you guys know of any way to add him to the draft class in the game I've already started, or will I just have to unretire him and add him to a team through the player editor?

CTSoxFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:33 PM   #165
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Great.

Another guy I just noticed is randomly retired is Tyler Beede from Vandy, who should be in the draft class.

Do you guys know of any way to add him to the draft class in the game I've already started, or will I just have to unretire him and add him to a team through the player editor?

Weird... I unretired him on Saturday when I found that error. Should have been a part of update Monday, unless you pre-ordered and started your game this weekend.
haveband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:51 PM   #166
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Retired people are missing if they were drafted by a team and signed.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:54 PM   #167
CTSoxFan
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveband View Post
Weird... I unretired him on Saturday when I found that error. Should have been a part of update Monday, unless you pre-ordered and started your game this weekend.
I started a new game on 15.1.3 and he was retired. I created a new player with the same ratings, etc. and made him draft eligible as a fix for this game.

CTSoxFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:14 PM   #168
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
I started a new game on 15.1.3 and he was retired. I created a new player with the same ratings, etc. and made him draft eligible as a fix for this game.
He's not retired in our files. haveband did fix it earlier. Maybe the fix didn't make it into 15.1.3, though it should have?

Anyway he should be ok going forward. Sorry about that.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:18 PM   #169
stevens84
Minors (Double A)

Phillies MR Luis A. Garcia is missing his 2013 ML stats, it has his A, AA, and AAA stats from 2013, but doesn't include the 17 games or so in the Majors.

His service time is accurate though somehow?
stevens84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:07 AM   #170
Kirschwasser
Bat Boy

Hyun-Jin Ryu from the Dodgers is set as a left-handed batter even though he bats from the right side.
Kirschwasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:22 AM   #171
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirschwasser View Post
Hyun-Jin Ryu from the Dodgers is set as a left-handed batter even though he bats from the right side.
I know I fixed that last year. Weird that it reset somehow

Thanks, though!
Old 04-22-2014, 12:49 AM   #172
Rebington
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebington View Post
Yes he did and then they released him on 3/26/14... signed to a min. league contract with the A's during Spring training.

Oakland Athletics | Cot's Baseball Contracts

Kind of unlikely that Beane would sign 'Country' Joe Blanton on a $7m contract to sit in AAA!?!!

did this one get changed? carrying a $7.5m contract when it should be minor league is a big deal for a small market team.
Rebington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:19 AM   #173
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

I haven't had the time to look while digging, but is Tracy McGrady a free agent in the game?
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:56 AM   #174
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebington View Post
did this one get changed? carrying a $7.5m contract when it should be minor league is a big deal for a small market team.
It's fixed!
Old 04-22-2014, 01:57 AM   #175
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
I haven't had the time to look while digging, but is Tracy McGrady a free agent in the game?
We thought about adding him but we didn't.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:24 AM   #176
misterblonde3
Bat Boy

I have a couple small problems with ratings that I noticed. One is that I find it very wrong that Manny Machado for the Orioles is only a 3.5 star potential rating. He was on pace to break the doubles record last year and had one of the best defensive seasons ever. He has every bit as much potential as Harper does. And I'm not a biased Oriole fan or anything, I just thought that was pretty far off. Also, Markakis has a 3 speed rating. He is currently the leadoff hitter in real life, so I find 3 to be pretty darn low.
misterblonde3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:32 AM   #177
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterblonde3 View Post
I have a couple small problems with ratings that I noticed. One is that I find it very wrong that Manny Machado for the Orioles is only a 3.5 star potential rating. He was on pace to break the doubles record last year and had one of the best defensive seasons ever. He has every bit as much potential as Harper does. And I'm not a biased Oriole fan or anything, I just thought that was pretty far off. Also, Markakis has a 3 speed rating. He is currently the leadoff hitter in real life, so I find 3 to be pretty darn low.
What's your scouting accuracy?
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:49 AM   #178
dodger300
Minors (Triple A)

I think Hyun-Jin Ryu hold rating is to low. In my game he is rated 110 on scale of 1-250. In 192 innings he gave up 1 sb on 3 attempts. If you change rating could let me know what it is, not starting my league over. Thanks for all the hard work you guys do with ratings, you guys do a great job.

Last edited by dodger300; 04-22-2014 at 02:50 AM.
dodger300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:10 AM   #179
mdtwnkfey
Major Leagues

The ballparks are incorrect for a number of minor league teams:

El Paso (AAA)
GCL Rays, GCL Astros (R)
AZL Cubs, AZL Dodgers, AZL White Sox, AZL Diamondbacks, AZL Reds, AZL Indians (R, all new stadiums within the last several years)

I remember having to fix these last year too. There may be more. In addition, playoff formats for several minor leagues are wrong, including the International League, Texas League, Southern League, and a few others. Almost all minor leagues that don't do split-season aren't correct.

The quickstart format I'm working on has all these fixed (or as close as one can get given the available settings), which I'll post online sometime soon.
mdtwnkfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:20 AM   #180
PsychoBulk
Minors (Double A)

Joe Nathans contract is slightly wrong, you have it starting 2013 and no option.

Should be starting 2014, $9m, 2015 $10m and 2016 club option for $10m with a $1m buyout.
PsychoBulk is offline   Reply With Quote