Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-06-2014, 11:41 PM   #281
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtwnkfey View Post
Started a new game, not from my quickstart. The draft pool is not 100% high schoolers, but Beede is still not included.
Dunno what to say about that. He's set up correctly to be included.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:02 AM   #282
mdtwnkfey
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Dunno what to say about that. He's set up correctly to be included.
Yeah, still listed as retired. Occurring when I create a new standard game from the start screen. His ratings are slightly higher, however.

Last edited by mdtwnkfey; 05-07-2014 at 12:04 AM.
mdtwnkfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:40 PM   #283
The Yurpman
Major Leagues

Go in to Commish mode and un-retire him. He'll be in the draft for you.
The Yurpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:44 PM   #284
mdtwnkfey
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yurpman View Post
Go in to Commish mode and un-retire him. He'll be in the draft for you.
That hadn't worked previously, but it does when you retire him at the start of the season. Doesn't seem to work after that point.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:02 PM   #285
mdtwnkfey
Major Leagues

His rating is still pretty off, though. I set scouting accuracy to 100% and his potential is 2.5 stars. Rodon, Kolek are 5 stars. I know he's a couple years older, but he probably ought to be closer to them, no?
Old 05-07-2014, 11:05 PM   #286
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
His rating is still pretty off, though. I set scouting accuracy to 100% and his potential is 2.5 stars. Rodon, Kolek are 5 stars. I know he's a couple years older, but he probably ought to be closer to them, no?
Probably. Rodon and Kolek are pretty badly overrated compared to the current MiLB prospects in game and Beede might be a little underrated as well.

As I've mentioned a few times before, the draft is still very much a WIP.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 05-07-2014 at 11:13 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:40 AM   #287
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Probably. Rodon and Kolek are pretty badly overrated compared to the current MiLB prospects in game and Beede might be a little underrated as well.

As I've mentioned a few times before, the draft is still very much a WIP.
I'll be working on fixing and refining as many draft guys as possible over the next few days. So things should look totally different/much better next build.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 05-08-2014 at 01:42 AM.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:03 AM   #288
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Has anyone checked minor league ballpark names to see if they're accurate? I remember the final OOTP13 patch missed a few new corporate-sponsored names.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:32 AM   #289
rstoomeyii
Minors (Single A)

How is overall rating determined? I'm about to start my 2016 season with the Red Sox and I have had Charlie Blackmon on my team since mid 2014. His contact rating has been over 65 the entire time I have had him and he has been a .300 hitter with regular playing time since 2013. But his overall is still 20 or 21. I don't have his other ratings handy but just that fact that he is a .300 hitter shouldn't he be given a little more credit?
rstoomeyii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:39 PM   #290
mdtwnkfey
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
Has anyone checked minor league ballpark names to see if they're accurate? I remember the final OOTP13 patch missed a few new corporate-sponsored names.
I've done a few at AAA and the lowermost rookie leagues. A few of the GCL and AZL league stadiums, which are their parent franchise's spring training stadiums, are incorrect. In addition, El Paso is still listed as playing in PGE Park, which is in Portland. That franchise was in Portland prior to moving to Tucson in 2011, so it's been incorrect for several years now.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:55 AM   #291
Cowboys3356
All Star Starter

Quote:
I've done a few at AAA and the lowermost rookie leagues. A few of the GCL and AZL league stadiums, which are their parent franchise's spring training stadiums, are incorrect. In addition, El Paso is still listed as playing in PGE Park, which is in Portland. That franchise was in Portland prior to moving to Tucson in 2011, so it's been incorrect for several years now.
You should put together a list of the errors along with the correct information and post it here or send it to lukasberger so it can be considered for future updates.
Cowboys3356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:57 AM   #292
mdtwnkfey
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys3356 View Post
You should put together a list of the errors along with the correct information and post it here or send it to lukasberger so it can be considered for future updates.
I posted a few of them earlier in this thread. I realized that as I made these edits starting my simulation I should have manifested them. I probably will do that now.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:33 PM   #293
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Yes, I can see many lower league ballparks as well as weather have largely been ignored for multiple versions
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:35 PM   #294
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
Yes, I can see many lower league ballparks as well as weather have largely been ignored for multiple versions
Well, do something to help with it then. You got added to the beta team, no? Please contribute and earn that free game.

A list of the MiLB (and Int) parks that need to be changed with the changes that need to be made specified, would be useful, then I can send that to Markus and Andreas so they can make the changes.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 05-09-2014 at 10:43 PM.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:46 PM   #295
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

I am...Camelback Ranch is the homes for AZL Dodgers and White Sox
Venezuela has no weather database.

El Paso also has the wrong minor league ballpark...it should be Southwest University Park

Charlotte Knights now play at BB&T Ballpark (CHARLOTE)...game says Knights Stadium

BB&T Ballpark (WINSTON-SALEM) has no ballpark factors added

Weather is hard to list since it is attached to the cities. Someone just needs to go through each ballpark and make sure the weather is correct. Some cities are no in the database, and either have to be manually entered, or find a close city within the database. I am currently doing the weather for all parks, but I am not sure how that can help Markus with the downloaded copy???

Arizona Diamondbacks have the wrong weather...should be Phoenix
Reno Aces has wrong weather...should be Reno, NV
Visalia Rawhide has wrong weather..should be Fresno, CA
Hillsboro Hops should be...Portland, OR
AZL Diamondbacks weather should be Phoenix
DSL Diamondbacks weather should be Santo Domingo

Now this is just one organization....most are like this. I don't mind going through them...is there a way I can change all of this for Markus? It is time consuming, and I know he has more important things to do.

Delmarva Shorebirds are located in Salisbury, MARYLAND.
Greenville Drive are located in Greenville, SOUTH CAROLINA
Scranton-WB Railriders are listed as playing in Moosic...which while technically correct, does not help with weather. Should be...SCRANTON, PA...closest is probably Allentown
Staton Island has no city...probably should be NEW YORK

Last edited by PSUColonel; 05-11-2014 at 01:32 AM.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:57 AM   #296
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The Astros don't seem to have two teams in the DSL either, as represented in the game.
Astros add second affiliate in Dominican Summer League
Old 05-10-2014, 01:04 AM   #297
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

never mind

Last edited by PSUColonel; 05-10-2014 at 01:13 AM.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:58 AM   #298
MUFC1878
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Venezuela has no weather database.
I believe klavier (hope I'm spelling it right) had a weather text with the major cities added, plus for more countries.

Chiba Lotte Marines has Tropicana Field as their park.
MUFC1878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 02:43 AM   #299
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

I've never seen this, but shouldn't it be included within the game?
Old 05-12-2014, 01:02 AM   #300
mdtwnkfey
Major Leagues

Continuing with the MiLB incorrect ballparks:

The Omaha Storm Chasers are no longer at Rosenblatt Stadium, which was torn down. They've been at Werner Park since 2011.

Charlotte Knights and Winston-Salem Dash are both in new stadiums, each coincidentally named BB&T Ballpark.

Pensacola Blue Wahoos are now at Pensacola Bayfront Stadium. They are still listed at Five County Stadium, which was where the Carolina Mudcats played before moving to Pensacola and becoming the Blue Wahoos.

Richmond Flying Squirrels are listed at Senator Dodd Stadium. This was the franchise's park when they were the Connecticut Defenders, but they moved to Richmond in 2010. The Connecticut Tigers now play there. In the game, the Tigers are listed as playing at Damaschke Field, where they played in Oneonta, NY before moving to Connecticut.

Seeing as these moves happened several years ago, it seems like there's been a lack of updates lately in the minors. I hope these will be fixed soon and for next year's game. Since as mentioned, the developers have better stuff to work on, I'm happy to pitch in if I can.

Last edited by mdtwnkfey; 05-12-2014 at 01:22 AM.