Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM - Technical Support Got problems running FHM or want to report a bug? See here!

Old 10-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #441
Rich Tiger Fan
Major Leagues

I searched the thread and didn't see anything on this....I am running a 10 team 2 divisions custom fictional league.

Two things:

The schedule never schedules you against teams in your own division, so all games are against teams in the other division. I looked to see if it was something I messed up in set up but I didn't see anything. This has been present in at least the last 2 versions.

Second one: During the initial draft, I drafted the first 5 rounds and then let the computer finish the draft. When the draft was over my team was 80% defensemen. In drafts before the latest version I don't recall having this issue.

Large thread, hope these aren't repeats.

Thanks,
Old 10-17-2013, 12:15 AM   #442
Schneides
Bat Boy

Just to update the situation, I eventually resigned from the team and the game then progressed. I had to wait until the end of the season as the AI can have teams below the salary floor!

Cheers

Schneides
Schneides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #443
will.arnold
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Shoot out - wrong number of shooters for visitors

I am playing the regular 2013-14 season, and I have had this problem since way back in the evaluation version. The shootout always seems to give the visiting team an extra shot in the shootout.

eg. If the visiting team is ahead 2-1 after 3 shots each, they still get an extra shot.
eg. If the teams are tied after 3 shots each, and the visitor scores on the 7th overall shot, they win.
eg. If the home team is ahead 1-0 after 3 shots each, the visitor gets another shot, and if they score, the teams get one more shot each.
will.arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #444
will.arnold
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Minor drag and drop problem

I am playing the regular 2013-14 season, and this problem has been around since the beginning.

In the team lineups, if I want to change the left wingers (or some other positions as well), I drag the player to the new line, and expect the existing player to swap positions. This works well in most positions (like goalies, PP, penalty kill, etc), but does not work on even strength lines.

So if I try to move my 3rd line LW to 2nd line, he moves OK, but stays in the 3rd line spot as well. Then I have to go to main roster to drag the new 3rd line LW into his spot.

This is not a huge problem, but still should be fixed for consistency. Thanks.
will.arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #445
batdad
Minors (Single A)

Found a few guys who were drafted in the first draft who are signing with the NHL Club for 1 year Entry Level Deals. This is not possible by rule...should only be 3 year Entry level deals.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #446
onyewu
Minors (Double A)

As we have had since the Beta, we still are having the issue with setting OT time in regular season and playoffs with this new update. I figured I'd give the game a whirl with the new update and during my set up of League Rules, I noticed that the default OT for the "Period Length" in the playoffs was 5 Min. When I changed it to 20 Min and hit save, it changed the Regular Season "Length Overtime" to 20 Min. So I changed the Reg Season "Length Overtime" back to 5 Min and when I hit save it goes back to 20 Min.

Will wait to start this game until I can have the correct league OT rules corrected.

Thanks

{On an iMac OSX 10.8.5}
onyewu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:11 PM   #447
Empach
Minors (Double A)

Tried a new career with the new 1.3.13 patch using the Nashville Predators. All teams turned on, Commissioner Mode off. Once again I got through to June 30 and crashed every time since then.

Ever since the beta I've never been able to get past the first season. This needs some attention.
Empach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:30 PM   #448
skrollins
Bat Boy

Angry

Run abruptly into a major gamecrashing bug that may be my computer (though I can't imagine why). The game simply will not start. The game is shown as running on my taskbar but the window DOES NOT SHOW. Additionally it freezes everything else on my computer until the game is closed, which I can only do via Task Manager.

I want to uninstall and re-install the game but it tells me I need to remove my license first, which I cannot do because, again, the window does not show at all.

At this point I'd ask for a refund but this error just began to show today; my refund window ended last night. ARRGH
skrollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #449
kelt
Minors (Rookie Ball)

the new "filter" doesn't work on "protected list" tab (i tried to filter by position only)... it works on "active roster" and "contract max" tabs, but not on "protected list"
kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #450
stepbrus
Bat Boy

Restricted Free Agent Behaviour

Organization building is key component of FHM 2014 but RFA behaviour is hurting the ability to build organizations.

Several items related to RFA behaviour which should be addressed:

1. During contract negotiations you should be allowed to submit an offer to an RFA (mimicking a qualifying offer, or just implement Qualifying offers) without having their "approval". They should generally not accept an offer from a European league for less after this initial offer (or Qualifying offer) has been submitted.

2. NHL caliber players (or any North American player) do not sign multi-year contracts in European Leagues (KHL may be exception)
-- Multiple 23ish aged RFAs from my team signed 5 year deals in Europe for a fraction of what would be offered in NHL (7.5 NHL caliber players) and two of these were NA based players

3. European contracts (especially for NHL/AHL caliber players aged 25 and under) would not be signed until late August/September. Young RFAs should be unsigned longer than they currently are.

4. If a European contract is signed NHL teams should still be allowed to sign players if agreeable terms are eventually met. Almost all European contracts have NHL out clauses. This encourages trading of RFAs difficult to sign.

*** If not already resolved marginal (5.0-6.5) RFA prospects should be more inclined to sign 2 way deals, if not in early July then by late July/August. A two-way NHL deal should be more desirable than any European deal for under 25 NA based players regardless of minors money vs European money.

Steve
stepbrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #451
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

game crashes after my first season. Unfortunately I don't see any patern. I play as an NHL team each time with multiple leagues selected and same result. Can't make it into the preseason of the second season.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:00 PM   #452
u2politician
Bat Boy

Crashes when trying to sim past June 30 2015

I have 3 new games going, and all of them crash on June 30 2015 when attempting to sim to July 1.

I have FTPed my saved game as instructed. Your help is greatly appreciated.

File name is u2politician.zip

Thanks
u2politician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:49 PM   #453
rhyblack
Bat Boy

mmmhmmm

I have started 3 new games now and every single game crashes after june 30th!!! All the time you put into trades ( most VERY unrealistic ) , and drafting and signing players ( who half the time want a 1 yr contract ) it is very frustrating to have your game crash..... I like the game...well the idea anyways. And I understand that maybe its a working process , but its not worth $40 right now. I downloaded the game right from the OOTP home page thinking that it was the full release as I downloaded the Beta version which I couldn't play due to bugs and what not.

Is there anything I should be doing or am I basically screwed till a new patch comes out?
rhyblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:35 AM   #454
stepbrus
Bat Boy

Exclamation Player/Personnel Search Improvements

It would be great to be able able to search for players and personnel by more than just text. Expanding the search capabilities to include attributes or ratings at a minimum would be very helpful.

eg - you want to find a highly rated goaltending coach
- you want to find defencemen aged 22-25 with strong defensive attributes

As things are currently it is next to impossible to find a new personnel. It's also difficult to access quality staff as their contracts don't seem to ever expire.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:41 AM   #455
stepbrus
Bat Boy

Question Pre-game player editor

Is it possible to edit player ratings pre-game? It's slightly annoying to update the player ratings I feel need correcting each time a new game begins.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #456
Ile
Minors (Double A)

I've found a way to raise your budget, by putting the "offered contracts" into minus. This is achieved by finding a player that doesn't want to negotiate. Then you press "meet demand", which will make the screen offer whatever is left of your budget, and a pop up says "You don't have enough room in your budget for this offer" or something like that. The contract then goes into "Open Offers" and is greyed out. But when you remove the offer with the money that was never taken from your budget, it puts that money into "offered contracts" which goes into minus, which allows you to go way over your budget. The minus amount basically replaces "0$" as standard offered contracts when you haven't offered anyone a contract. Right now, mine is set to -367 000 when I have no offers out.

This, unfortunately, also works the other way around. I had played several seasons 229 000$ short of a 1 000 000$ budget, due to the offered contracts thing, because it was always set to 229 000$, even though I hadn't offered anyone a contract. That, I don't know how it happened. :/

I hope I made myself somewhat clear.
Attached Images
Ile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #457
Ile
Minors (Double A)

I'm currently in the french league, and in the playoffs, we played vs. a team with a REALLY good keeper, but with 1 in conditioning, and 2 in character.

In France, they apparently play 1 game a week during regular season, so this keeper had been tearing shiat apart, finishing 2nd in both GAA and S% (after my super canadian of course ).

But, during playoffs, the teams play a best of 5, during a window of 9 days, which means 1 game every other day. I was not very worried to play this keeper, due to the fact that we were gonna play so much, and there was no way they would be able to play that keeper all of those games.

As expected, he played the first game, and nearly shut us out, but 2 late goals clinched the game for us, and going in to the second I was confident their back up keeper was gonna play. But no, it was the same keeper. He shut us out, for a total of 1-1 in the series.

Prior to the 3rd game, I just had to check his fitness and found that he was at 12%, right before the game. They still played him, so I thought, "this has to be a 10-15 goal game for us". But no, again, he saved 37 out of 40 shots.

I think that's kinda weird. In my world, a player with 12% fitness should not even be eligible for play. He should have a red cross and his status should be "Exhausted" or something like that. Even though he only had 12% fitness, his status still said "OK", and he played the full game and did so really well.

Something has to be done about that!
Old 10-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #458
Ile
Minors (Double A)

I signed a player with a quite decent overall ability, which turned out to be mostly due to the fact that he had 29 aggression. Yes, 29 in aggression. Not one of my best signings :P
Old 10-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #459
Ile
Minors (Double A)

I found him, but couldn't edit my last post with an attachment, so sorry for double post. He has dropped to 28 aggression now though, with a 20 strength 20 fighting. Should probably have become a boxer instead!

I'd like to add, that he has a ridiculous contract for the french league. He earns about 6 times as much as the best player, they've used 2/3 of their total budget just so he could get a raise by 1,000% putting that club 25% over their wage budget.

Weird stuff
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Ile; 10-21-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #460
Ile
Minors (Double A)

Quentin Shore holds the +- record in the french league, after getting +26 in the season of 2021/2022. However, in the leaderboards for the league, it says "2021". It should say either "2021/2022" or "2022", but not "2021".

Edit: Oh, and while you're at the leaderboard, it says "assits", not "assists".
Edit2: Another leaderboard thing - last record for +- was 26, but now my defender reached 27. It updated with my defenders name and that he got +27. But should that really happen before the season is over? I realize why it would be that way for every other stat which, worst case scenario, will just stay at the same level. But when it comes to +-, it could possibly decrease back again. Would that mean Shore got his +26 record back? And wouldn't it be better to just wait for the season to end when it comes to the +- record?
Attached Images

Last edited by Ile; 10-21-2013 at 04:34 PM.