Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM - Technical Support Got problems running FHM or want to report a bug? See here!

Old 10-12-2013, 10:56 PM   #421
skrollins
Bat Boy

In general the schedule simulation past 2014 seems realistic enough - road trips seem to be appropriately geographic - except for one thing, there is apparently an Olympic break every season.

I consider it a minor thing but it should be fixed nonetheless.
skrollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:34 AM   #422
SharksAttack
Minors (Single A)

Game froze when it tried to move from 04-05 season to 05-06. Flaming puck stopped moving and nothing happened in 30 minutes. When I clicked the screen, program desn't answer screen came out.
SharksAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:35 AM   #423
ga66en
Bat Boy

My Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 crashes all the time. Had it for about 12 hours.

If I buy a product I would like it to work, why should I pay for something that does't work? I can play for 10 minutes and then the game crashes and turns it self of. This is not acceptable, why and how do we solve this? If this cannot be fixed I would like my money back please.
ga66en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:05 PM   #424
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga66en View Post
My Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 crashes all the time. Had it for about 12 hours.

If I buy a product I would like it to work, why should I pay for something that does't work? I can play for 10 minutes and then the game crashes and turns it self of. This is not acceptable, why and how do we solve this? If this cannot be fixed I would like my money back please.
They need a little more information than this like ...

What are you doing when the game crashes?
Have you tried a full reinstall?
Is there any kind of error when it does?
What kind of PC/MAC, OS, etc etc?
Mordrehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:21 PM   #425
bob
Minors (Double A)

probably because is the years i was the lock out .. so no season schedule and he did a bug ... because me 2 i hagve try many time ... crash . restart , crash restart ... about 10 times i have try it .. and he crash at evreytime . one days in particuliar to in 1995 .. its june 18 1995 . and after in historical mode 2005 , 2006 , 2007 , 2008 , 2009 , 2010 , 2011 , 2012 we cant do anything .
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:05 PM   #426
Radsmats
Minors (Double A)

Auto draft does not work w/ salary cap

In a historical league, with inaugural draft on:
I drafted about 20-25 rounds (painfully slow, btw, but that's a different post), with about $6 million left under the $80 million cap to pick up scrubs I let the computer finish the draft (waiting several minutes to choose which fifth-line LW I wanted was too much to bear).
The computer then drafted a bunch of overpriced old guys, pushing me about $8 million past the cap. Every time I try to cut or even demote one of these guys -- all but one of whom wouldn't make the team even if there was no salary cap -- it pushes my cap hit higher, not lower.
Unplayable league, after spending a full evening on one draft.
Radsmats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #427
ga66en
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordrehl View Post
They need a little more information than this like ...

What are you doing when the game crashes?
Have you tried a full reinstall?
Is there any kind of error when it does?
What kind of PC/MAC, OS, etc etc?
I have reinstalled several times it crashes when I want to play a game or move further in the game. It is a mac, and when i restart it it crashes instantly again and I cant play. No error comes up thats it.
ga66en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:51 AM   #428
yzerwing
All Star Starter

Before 1.3.1 Patch. Historic Mode: Started 1979-1980-Date Shown in Game Screen

Just the beginning of the Free Agent list that continues past what I have decided to show, but these players are all free agents, who have never been drafted, and have never been signed to play anywhere.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58...FreeAgents.png
Old 10-14-2013, 01:14 AM   #429
SharksAttack
Minors (Single A)

Thank for a new patch I could continue past 2005. In 2006-07 season there was no playoffs.
SharksAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:09 AM   #430
thepete
Minors (Double A)

With the new patch, when finishing a day, you don't get a single 'simulation progress bar', you get several. One progresses up to 100%...and you get another one...and another one...and another one.
thepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:40 AM   #431
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepete View Post
With the new patch, when finishing a day, you don't get a single 'simulation progress bar', you get several. One progresses up to 100%...and you get another one...and another one...and another one.
As long as the game doesn't crash-that isn't a biggie.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:45 AM   #432
thepete
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
As long as the game doesn't crash-that isn't a biggie.
No, but going from day to day takes 5 x as long as it used to.

And to be honest, I've experienced one crash (clicking game report tab) in all my hours of playing the patch before this one. Mac version is very stable.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #433
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

SUGGESTION : Start a new thread "Bug Reports 1.3.13"
Mordrehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #434
landru22
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by landru22 View Post
Just to elaborate a bit more, I setup a custom game choosing 22 teams 80 game schedule. In the initial setup screen I choose my preferences for Game Rules and Game Rules Playoffs. The differences from the defaults are: Points for OT loss=0, Pts for shootout loss=0, Pts. for Draw=1, OT skaters=5, Penalty Shots=0, OT draw enabled. No changes made to playoff game rules.

When the initial setup is complete I choose Commissioner mode and then look at the Game Rules screen under Edit League>League Rules. The OT Skaters (which I had set to 5 in the initial setup wizard) is now at 3, The period length for a playoff game is set to 5 (I did not change it from the default of 20 in the setup wizard). When I try to change any of these variables back to what I want, they change but, the regular season OT length changes to 20. When I try to change it back to 5 and click on SAVE it reverts right back to 20. I hope I explained the problem properly here. Thanks.
Very disappointing. This is still not fixed in V1313. I tried it both with an old save and a new fictional setup - same thing. I understand that you are concentrating on getting the "Real" Leagues working properly, but please don't ignore custom games.
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:01 PM   #435
yzerwing
All Star Starter

Clicking on Laurent Brossoit's contract tab, causes game to crash, tried it twice, with the same result.

Edit-* Same for Joel Armia.

Last edited by yzerwing; 10-14-2013 at 08:57 PM.
yzerwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:41 PM   #436
Schneides
Bat Boy

salary floor problem

I am playing (with the patch just released) as the Flames and I am now below the salary floor and so the game will not let me advance.

When I seek a trade for a large salary for draft picks and the other team appears to accept it, I then get a message that says (something like) 'we can't accept that much salary'. There is no indication who is saying this but it will not allow me to confirm the trade.

Again I am playing with the latest patch and in commissioner mode.

Cheers

Schneides
Schneides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:30 PM   #437
jh95
All Star Starter

Historic Mode Observations with new patch

Did not change very much with 1.3.13. The historic mode is useless:

- Trade deadline is not updated with a new season, it always stays on the date of the first season

- Player ratings are not changing over seasons. It seems that they are not improving or decreasing. Somethings wrong here!

- Draft picks acquired in trades are not used in the next draft. Every team has its original number of picks

- Players exist as non-draftable and non-signeable free agents, e.g. B.Clark when I start in 1967-68

- No scouting possible

- Expansion drafts: In an expansion draft with two new teams one team cannot loose more than 2 players. That is how it was in reality. There were different rules for each draft (which can be e.g. retrieved from Wikipedia). I lost 5 players in the 1990-91 Expansion Draft to San Jose

- The Entry Draft is also bugging me. Players are drafted after potential, e.g. Niklas Lidstrom 1st overall in 1990. It should be rather that teams draft like it would be historically correct (e.g. by using the NHL Draft Rankings). Then N. Lidstrom would go in the second round....

I am only interested in the "Historic Mode". So for me this game is up to now plain and simple "boring".

The developers should have taken at look at "GM Hockey Legacy".
It is historically correct and you can play seasons starting from 1979-80.
They ran into trouble with their license-provider and now you cannot install your game. But when it is fixed I will definitely try this one again.
I will wait for FHM 2015. Maybe then the "Historic Mode" can be really called a "Historic Mode".

Last edited by jh95; 10-15-2013 at 02:32 PM.
jh95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #438
thepete
Minors (Double A)

Great, with the latest patch you have draftees refusing to sign two-way entry level deals...
Old 10-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #439
thepete
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepete View Post
No, but going from day to day takes 5 x as long as it used to.
Further on this - it only happens when you sim to next day. If you select "sim until [whatever]" it flies by as fast as ever.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #440
jh95
All Star Starter

The classic trade-bug is still there!

Historic Mode:
Acquired a draft pick for a player N.Murray - News: Kings acquired N.Murray for N.Murray from Red Wings.
This SHOULD be an easy one to fix...
jh95 is offline   Reply With Quote