Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 03-05-2012, 07:50 AM   #1
Bmorebirds_24
Minors (Single A)

Release Date & Purchasing Options?

This is going to be my first year picking this game up as soon as I can but I can't find a release daye anywhere. Is there stores I could Ho to and find out when it will be released and any idea what stores carry this game? I've never seen it in a best buy.
Bmorebirds_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:59 AM   #2
RchW
Hall Of Famer

You wont find it in stores. Look at the top left of your browser where it says "OOTP 13 announced... ..."

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:00 AM   #3
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Early April is the targeted release date, there is no specific one yet. Once beta testing is close to being finished, we'll release an exact date.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:46 AM   #4
Broth32
Major Leagues

Lets all pray it's before the All-Star game
Broth32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #5
oman19
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmorebirds_24 View Post
This is going to be my first year picking this game up as soon as I can but I can't find a release daye anywhere. Is there stores I could Ho to and find out when it will be released and any idea what stores carry this game? I've never seen it in a best buy.
Can only download from this website. Just keep checking back with the forums and you will see the offical announcement.

I kinda wish enough people were into text based simes where we could all camp out waiting for the release at our favorite stores. But we have it almost better where we will camp out on the message boards. lol

My OOTP wishlist: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-wishlist.html
oman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #6
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman19 View Post
But we have it almost better where we will camp out on the message boards. lol
Even better we just need to check our mail... for those of us who did pre-order
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #7
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AESP_pres View Post
Even better we just need to check our mail... for those of us who did pre-order
Doesn't matter if you pre-order or not, you'll receive an email when the game is released. Some people (those who pre-ordered) will receive their email 3 days early.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 03-06-2012 at 04:32 AM.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #8
kckid4u
All Star Reserve

Location: Pictured Above: Buck Barnett - Best Pitcher in OOTP History!
Well, here I am again on the OOTP forum checking out info on the next release. I'll be honest, I didn't buy version 12, (sorry Markus, and I really mean that.) I think the reason for not buying 12 was because I was pretty satisfied with 11. Version 12 had some nice new features, but none that I just had to have. I'm interested in what 13 will have.

I'm almost ashamed to admit I didn't buy version 12 btw. I feel like a traitor.
kckid4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #9
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Why, we oughta....

No worries, kc. Good to have you back around. Good that the game was so satisfying to you with the previous version. I'm guessing you'll find a great deal that adds to your world this time around. I'd tell you to let us know your thoughts, but that'd happen anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kckid4u View Post
Well, here I am again on the OOTP forum checking out info on the next release. I'll be honest, I didn't buy version 12, (sorry Markus, and I really mean that.) I think the reason for not buying 12 was because I was pretty satisfied with 11. Version 12 had some nice new features, but none that I just had to have. I'm interested in what 13 will have.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #10
oman19
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Why, we oughta....

No worries, kc. Good to have you back around. Good that the game was so satisfying to you with the previous version. I'm guessing you'll find a great deal that adds to your world this time around. I'd tell you to let us know your thoughts, but that'd happen anyway.
Nice to have you back around KC. I did purchase v12 and I didn't think it could top v11. Boy was I wrong. At first I wasn't to happy with v12 but when the financials got worked out it by far has been my favorite version of OOTP to date. I'm sure v13 will do the same. Really looking forward to customizable playoffs.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #11
kckid4u
All Star Reserve

Location: Pictured Above: Buck Barnett - Best Pitcher in OOTP History!
Thanks guys. Nice to see the old faces (avatars) still around.

I just read through the new features in version 13 that have been announced so far, and I do really like a few of them. I like all of them, but a few of them are really nice. Like breaking up the players history into different sections making them "easier to read" and the improved trading AI. The improved AI trading is a big one for me. In the past, I just have found it kind of easy to trade, or I should say "trick" the AI into giving me their best young prospect or maybe trading me their next couple years of #1 draft picks for an older player. The trading with a AI team was much improved in version 11, so it was heading in the right direction, so I'm hoping Markus nailed it in version 13. The reason being I find it hard to not try to cheat a AI controlled team while trading because I'm such a disturbed person.
kckid4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #12
gysgtam
Minors (Single A)

Any chance we get another round of screen shots or something before the release
Old 03-06-2012, 03:13 AM   #13
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysgtam View Post
Any chance we get another round of screen shots or something before the release
Of course... we'll kick off our "Road to Release" soon which will feature 5-6 newsletters explaining some of the new features in detail!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:08 AM   #14
Bmorebirds_24
Minors (Single A)

Thanks for helping me with the release date.

Back in January I bought the 12 version and really enjoy the game. I have alot to learn about this game. I got 12 to get a feel for what the newest version would be like. I love the detail of the game and love the feel of being a GM.

Question - Is there an NFL game like this? I would love a game like that too.
Bmorebirds_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:00 PM   #15
Ambermonk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kckid4u View Post
One of the problems with not buying each year's version is that the new game usually only allows imports of the previous version's data. So if you were running a fictional league, you might have a problem.

I seem to remember that in a previous version you could also import data from two versions back. It would be nice for people like kckid4u to have this feature available again in OOTP-13.

Note: I bought last year's version so this won't be a problem for me.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #16
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambermonk View Post
One of the problems with not buying each year's version is that the new game usually only allows imports of the previous version's data. So if you were running a fictional league, you might have a problem.

I seem to remember that in a previous version you could also import data from two versions back. It would be nice for people like kckid4u to have this feature available again in OOTP-13.

Note: I bought last year's version so this won't be a problem for me.
I don't remember being able to import from 2 versions back.

It's not a problem anyway for anyone who skipped a version since all they have to do is download the demo of the skipped version and import their league, then import into the new one.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:45 PM   #17
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Why, we oughta....

Extremely off topic, but ever since I've joined here every time I see your avatar in my periph I think it's a floating suit jacket with the light between the guy and the shadow being the tie. Just thought I'd point that out.
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:30 PM   #18
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by damientheomen3 View Post
Extremely off topic, but ever since I've joined here every time I see your avatar in my periph I think it's a floating suit jacket with the light between the guy and the shadow being the tie. Just thought I'd point that out.
Heh. I always think of a rabbi at the Wailing Wall. Every time. I have to mentally correct myself that it is a depiction of a cheap fan viewing a ballgame through a knothole in the fence. I think.
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #19
agfan1
Bat Boy

This will be my first time posting here and I actually registered to weigh in on this topic. The question was asked about the release date for Out of the Park Baseball 13 and is the topic of the thread here. Some act as if Out of the Park Baseball has never been sold in retail brick and mortar stores which is false. I have been playing OOTP11 and it was distributed by Viva Media. I was disappointed that OOTP12 was not stocked in the brick and mortar stores. It should also be noted that a previous edition of the game was renamed Season Ticket Baseball which was my first experience with the series. I don't what Out of the Park version this was and I think there was more than one year produced using that name. Best Buy was the store that I bought OOTP11 in.

I would like to direct a question to Markus only. Can we expect to see this years edition in the brick and mortar stores or any future editions via that method? I simply prefer to purchase that way. Edition 13 looks great and I have had a great experience with number 11. I would even support buying game cards at retail to download the game. I would just like a definitive answer from Markus whether it will be in retail stores not other users opinions about it.

Thank you for the feedback in advance and I would forward to getting #13 in my hands.

Last edited by agfan1; 03-08-2012 at 06:38 PM.
agfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #20
oman19
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by agfan1 View Post
This will be my first time posting here and I actually registered to weigh in on this topic. The question was asked about the release date for Out of the Park Baseball 13 and is the topic of the thread here. Some act as if Out of the Park Baseball has never been sold in retail brick and mortar stores which is false. I have been playing OOTP11 and it was distributed by Viva Media. I was disappointed that OOTP12 was not stocked in the brick and mortar stores. It should also be noted that a previous edition of the game was renamed Season Ticket Baseball which was my first experience with the series. I don't what Out of the Park version this was and I think there was more than one year produced using that name. Best Buy was the store that I bought OOTP11 in.

I would like to direct a question to Markus only. Can we expect to see this years edition in the brick and mortar stores or any future editions via that method? I simply prefer to purchase that way. Edition 13 looks great and I have had a great experience with number 11. I would even support buying game cards at retail to download the game. I would just like a definitive answer from Markus whether it will be in retail stores not other users opinions about it.

Thank you for the feedback in advance and I would forward to getting #13 in my hands.
Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed lmao. Welcome to the community!!!!!!!