Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 03-09-2007, 03:38 PM   #1
battists
Hall Of Famer

Exclamation Read me! Tech Support FAQ

Hi everyone.

Please read through this post for more information on the Tech Support process. Reading and understanding this post is the best way to ensure that your bugs will get noticed and acted upon!

How do I get help with a technical problem?
If you see what you suspect may be a bug, or even a feature request that you feel is important, use these simple steps:

1. Make sure you are running the latest patch version. As of today, the latest version is 1.0.3 (build # 12270). This can be seen at the main page when the game launches.

2. Check the common questions thread to see if your question is answered there.

3. Do a quick search of tech support to see if your problem has already been submitted. The time we spend chasing down bugs that have already been submitted is time better spent tracking down and resolving issues.

4. Post a thread here in Tech Support. If you're not sure if your problem is a bug or a "feature," POST IT HERE! If you post it over in the general discussion forum, chances are no one will look at it closely enough to determine if it is a bug or not.

5. Please report back with the status of your issue, even if you have resolved it yourself. Even if you have resolved an issue, we would like to know so we can close any issues that have been solved.

How do I know if I have the newest version of the game?
When you boot up OOTPB, the version # is shown in the lower left of the main screen (before you load a game).

The most current version is 1.0.3.12270.

If you find you are on an older version, you can always do this:

1. Back up any customizations you might have created
2. Uninstall the game (this will not uninstall your saved games)
3. Download the full, patched version of the game.
4. Reinstall.

What information should I include when I report a bug?
If you have a problem to report, first make sure you are using the latest patch available for the game. If you are still experiencing the problem, please do your best to provide the following information:

1. What, specifically, were you doing when the problem occurred? Include the specific screen you were on when the problem occurred.

2. What happened? Was there an error message? If so, what was the specific message?

3. Were you able to repeat the error with this same game? With another game? If so, what steps did you take?

4. If relevant, what do you think the program should have done?

5. What is your league configuration (fictional/historical, etc.)

6. Are you a Mac or PC user?

Additionally, if your problem is related to system performance, memory utilization, or the like, please include details about your computer's hardware and operating system.

One bug per thread, please!
Please submit only one bug per thread. It may make your life easier to give us a bulleted list with 60 problems you perceive for the game, but it makes us very difficult for us to keep track of the distinct issues, and it encourages threads to grow in multiple different directions.

Sample Problem Description
What were you doing?
I was trying to use the View drop-down on the Roster page

What happened?
When I selected the "Batting Stats" view, the game crashed.

Were you able to repeat the problem?
Yes. Every time I try this, I get the same crash. I created a new game, same results.

About TT Numbers
After you have posted a bug, you may notice us posting a "TT #" in your threads. TestTrack is the name of the system SI uses to track bugs. When we record a bug in the system, we give you a "TT #," which is the identifier for your issue within TestTrack. Posting a TT# in a thread means that we have logged an issue, not that it has been resolved. Where we can, we will reply to individual threads when we have confirmed that has a bug has been fixed.

What are the Logged Issues and Closed/Claimed Fixed sub-forums?
We've split Tech Support into 3 forums, to help us organize things more efficiently.

Here's how the Tech Support process will work:

1. Report any tech support issues in the Tech Support forum. If it's in the Tech Support forum, it either hasn't been logged yet, or we're not yet convinced that it's a bug.

2. If we log an issue as a bug, we will move it to the Logged Issues forum. Feature requests and suggestions will be moved to the Suggestions and Feature Wish List forum.

3. Issues that have been fixed are moved to the Closed or Claimed Fixed forum. Issues that the development team has claimed to be fixed in the next patch are also placed here, if the fix has been verified by a beta tester.

How do I get a status on my problem?
If you want a status on your problem, just post a thread here referring to the TT #, and we will do our best to update you on the progress related to that TT #. It's very important to include the TT #, as that helps us find the specific issue to which you are referring.

My issue is in the Closed/Claimed Fixed forum, but it isn't fixed!
If the support team has requested more information from a poster, and the thread goes without a reply for more than 7 days, we will move the thread to the Closed/Claimed Fixed forum.

If you have an issue that was moved to Closed/Claimed Fixed, but you feel it still needs to be addressed, please PM one of the moderators (battists, TC Dale, Steve Kuffrey, Azamien, Goodsox), and we will move the issue back to the main Tech Support forum. No hard feelings! We want to resolve all issues, and have no problem re-opening issues when you're ready to discuss further!

Hope this helps!

battists
battists is offline   Reply With Quote