Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 04-01-2020, 11:06 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

FHM6 Hotfix, Version 6.8.78, Now Available

A new hotfix update for Franchise Hockey Manager 6, version 6.8.78, has just been released.

This hotfix corrects a number of issues with 6.7.74 that we didn't want to leave uncorrected in the final version of FHM6. Barring the discovery of a critical problem in this version, this will be the last update for the game.

To apply the update:

-If you are playing the FastSpring version, just download the setup file and install it over your current installation. There is no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy! However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course.
-If you are playing the Steam version, the game will auto-update if you have that option active. If you don't see the update in your Steam update queue, you may need to exit and restart your Steam client.
-If you are playing the Apple Store version, the game will auto-update once Apple approves the new update. This may not occur until a few days after the update is released for other versions.

Download link for PC (FastSpring):
Main server: PC Installer Fastspring

Download link for Mac (FastSpring):
Main Server: Mac Installer FastSpring

Your existing savegames will be compatible with the updated game, but some of the update's fixes may not retroactively correct certain problems in existing saves.

Changes:

-the later Central Scouting updates now work properly again
-added a warning preventing the game from continuing (and probably crashing) if user's team is about to play a game while there are players listed in the lines who aren't dressed
-fixed "not enough skaters" warning in leagues that allow 20+ skaters but don't require 4 defensive pairs
-made it impossible to drag-and-drop scratched players onto a line from the dressed list
-fixed potential lockup/crash when rapidly scrolling through players while viewing the ratings tab of the player screen
-team rosters for 2019-20 teams in Exhibition Games now use the current rosters instead of the season-start ones
-several dozen South African players will no longer generate every time a standard game is reloaded. This will not remove any existing players created by that bug, but most of those should rapidly retire and disappear over the next few years of the game
-players now have their draft eligibility re-evaluated after edits are made, so edits that should them ineligible (e.g. increasing age) will now properly prevent them from being drafted
-the "Starts Today" message about the Olympics no longer lists two Group B's in the text, instead of Group B and Group C
-the AVCO Cup Playoffs (WHA) now re-seeds properly after every round
-the "Remove team" option on the league structure editor now has a yes/no confirmation dialogue
-on the rules screen, the Belarusian Extraleague Group A no longer has Playdowns marked "yes"
-if league evolution is disabled in a game where the WHA is active, the WHA draft logs between 79-80 and the current season will no longer be unselectable
-retired players are now incluided in the player_master.csv file, and a column named "retired" has been added at the end to indicate their status (1 = retired)
-fixed error in calculating average league contract standard after caps is edited, had been causing multiple issues with signing foreign players and players signing for excessively low amounts
-list of national teams available for takeover at the start of the game will now scroll to the bottom properly, regardless of game resolution
-most of the recent history on the League-History-Awards screen will no longer disappear after importing some historical players
-trading deadline for the first Swedish Hockey League season is now January 31, 2020, instead of a year later
-fixed schedule length error in 1992-93 and 1993-94 that was forcing the NHL schedule to regenerate in those seasons
-removed minimum amounts for cap and floor in the league editing screen (had been resetting the league cap value if it was below the minimum and the edit screen was saved)
-removed option to start on July 1 when setting up a new GM (after retiring the previous one) in an existing game
-fixed various data errors and omissions with the trading deadline roster update
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 02:09 PM   #2
Irr11
Minors (Double A)

Will my savegame (NHL 19/20) still work after the update?
Irr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 02:26 PM   #3
Waino2Yadi
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irr11 View Post
Will my savegame (NHL 19/20) still work after the update?
I had a similar save (all leagues loaded) and had no trouble continuing my save following this update.
OOTP 21 - MVP Baseball - St. Louis Cardinals
Waino2Yadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 11:46 PM   #4
yatzee
Bat Boy

Jeff - any idea why the App store isn't offering me the update? I'm still on 6.6.70
yatzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 02:41 PM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatzee View Post
Jeff - any idea why the App store isn't offering me the update? I'm still on 6.6.70
I'll check, they're usually slow, but not that slow.
Old 04-05-2020, 01:25 PM   #6
irishsabre
Bat Boy

Central Scouting issues are still persisting for me after the update? Is that the case for anyone? I have added Seattle too and wondering if the expansion in 2024-2025 screws up the scouting
irishsabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 10:16 PM   #7
Spartacus70
Minors (Double A)

Goons and Enforcers

Thanks! Sincerly. It's an hiden part of the update, but you change the formula for the goons and anforcers tactical roles. Now a player who play in this role can receive good GR note.

And in my two prelimary tests, the AI still struggles using heavy physical tactics.

In a 3rd test, I took control of the 1974 Flyers. Asked my team to play AGG and Hitting at max. And Dave Schultz the same individually (maked him played on 3rd line). At the end Flyers were in the bottom in PIMs, only two players were over 100 PIMs and Schultz was under 100 PIMs. Strange, because I frequently see 1-2 players over 400PIMs across the league, but not always the expected candidate... I can see dudes with 13-15 AGG and 10-12 in Fighting who get 300 PIMs+ in non particularlly physical teams... And never got Schultz in top 10!
Spartacus70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 09:09 PM   #8
yatzee
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
I'll check, they're usually slow, but not that slow.
any news? I've just rechecked and they're not offering any updates
Old 04-09-2020, 02:13 PM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatzee View Post
any news? I've just rechecked and they're not offering any updates
Apparently there was a problem with our developer profile certificate, we've just loaded a new one and will try re-submitting the update. If it works, hopefully they'll approve it quickly.
Old 04-19-2020, 11:00 PM   #10
yatzee
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Apparently there was a problem with our developer profile certificate, we've just loaded a new one and will try re-submitting the update. If it works, hopefully they'll approve it quickly.
No change so far, i'm still at 6.6.70
Old 04-21-2020, 10:16 AM   #11
JeffR
FHM Producer

We're submitting today's update with a new certificate, I'll let you know when I hear if it's been accepted.