Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-26-2019, 07:26 AM   #121
coatnoise
Bat Boy

Can you control AHL teams in online leagues now ?
coatnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 10:42 AM   #122
#4BobbyOrr
Minors (Double A)

What is the criteria in FHM6 for winning a hart trophy?

Boston (the top team in the league) just had Pastrnak put up 74 goals, 127 points. He was +55, was 14 pts and goals ahead of second place in each category and outscored his next highest scoring teammate by 51 points!

Meanwhile McDavid (95 points), Matthews (101 points) and Marner (72 points) got the nominations. The leafs and Oilers just barely squeaked into the playoffs. Last season McDavid won when he was like 10th in league scoring and the Oilers missed the playoffs when there were other guys who out scored him by 20 points.
#4BobbyOrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 01:24 PM   #123
GMO123
Major Leagues

In the play-by-play screen there is a diamond graphic showing puck location.

It seems to change colour depending upon who has the puck. In my case there are 3 colours for the diamond puck graphic - white, red and grey.

Presumably the white and red refer to the two teams - home and away.

What is the grey colour for - when no one has the puck? Or something else?

I looked in the manual and did a search of this FHM6 General Discussion forum but couldn't find anything.
GMO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 02:33 PM   #124
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Economics View Post
Can you transfer historical save from FHM 5 to FHM 6 or is it just for standard games?
Any kind of game - historical, standard, or custom.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 02:36 PM   #125
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMO123 View Post
In the play-by-play screen there is a diamond graphic showing puck location.

It seems to change colour depending upon who has the puck. In my case there are 3 colours for the diamond puck graphic - white, red and grey.

Presumably the white and red refer to the two teams - home and away.

What is the grey colour for - when no one has the puck? Or something else?

I looked in the manual and did a search of this FHM6 General Discussion forum but couldn't find anything.
Yes, loose pucks and similar events that don't require someone designated as the puck carrier.
Old 10-26-2019, 05:21 PM   #126
Nuggett
Minors (Triple A)

This was asked in its own thread, but not answered.

Will the ability to erase the entire League History in a Standard Game (and start with a clean slate) be added to an upcoming patch. It was said it may be able to be done, but there was no follow-up.

This is available in OOTP and it is quite good.

Thanks.
Nuggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 10:52 PM   #127
GMO123
Major Leagues

In playing a game there are options for the speed of the game clock and play-by-play (slow, normal, fast etc.).

What the difference between the clock speed and play-by-play speed?

If the play-by-play speed is set to slow wouldn't the clock speed have to match the play-by-speed i.e. slow?

Also if the clock speed is set to fast wouldn't the play-by-play speed have to match the speed of the clock i.e. fast?

Isn't the two related?

Or do they mean something else?
Old 10-26-2019, 11:21 PM   #128
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMO123 View Post
In playing a game there are options for the speed of the game clock and play-by-play (slow, normal, fast etc.).

What the difference between the clock speed and play-by-play speed?

If the play-by-play speed is set to slow wouldn't the clock speed have to match the play-by-speed i.e. slow?

Also if the clock speed is set to fast wouldn't the play-by-play speed have to match the speed of the clock i.e. fast?

Isn't the two related?

Or do they mean something else?
It just gives a little finer control over how you want to read the game events:

Clock speed controls how quickly the clock itself moves while an event is being executed, on Very Fast you'll see it jump from one time to another, on lower speeds it'll go closer to second-by-second. Play-by-play speed controls the delay before showing a new game event. With Very Fast clock speed and Very Slow PBP, you'll get a slower stream of play-by-play messages, after each of which the clock will pop forward a few seconds. With Very Slow clock speed and Very Fast PBP, you'll get a rapid stream of messages that will be slowed slightly by the need to tick the clock down second-by-second.
Old 10-26-2019, 11:21 PM   #129
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggett View Post
This was asked in its own thread, but not answered.

Will the ability to erase the entire League History in a Standard Game (and start with a clean slate) be added to an upcoming patch. It was said it may be able to be done, but there was no follow-up.

This is available in OOTP and it is quite good.

Thanks.
No news yet, still being considered (among other things) for a bigger content update.
Old 10-27-2019, 12:11 PM   #130
Northernsky
Major Leagues

GM/Coach contract

How come the owner only extends my contract by one year every year instead of giving me a multi year contract? In future versions it would be cool to be able to negotiate on our own contracts.
Northernsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 12:34 PM   #131
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernsky View Post
How come the owner only extends my contract by one year every year instead of giving me a multi year contract? In future versions it would be cool to be able to negotiate on our own contracts.
It depends on the league. We did have that option previously but removed it because people missed the message and then lost their jobs.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 01:02 PM   #132
Northernsky
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
It depends on the league. We did have that option previously but removed it because people missed the message and then lost their jobs.
It's the NHL and I had just won Lord Stanley's hardware... I was hoping for a multi year extension but got a lame 1 year add on. I was kinda miffed. I could cheat but I want the satisfaction.
Old 10-27-2019, 01:03 PM   #133
Northernsky
Major Leagues

How does the Coach relationships work? I have a bad relationship with Jeremy Wilmer. Does that mean he will under develop/perform?

How come thre are no AHL, ECHL logo's?

Last edited by Northernsky; 10-27-2019 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-28-2019, 12:53 PM   #134
Nuggett
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
No news yet, still being considered (among other things) for a bigger content update.
Thanks for your response. I will await.
Nuggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 03:31 PM   #135
Mr. Economics
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Any kind of game - historical, standard, or custom.
One more question, I now imported my historical save from FHM 5 to 6. Will historical development (expansions, rule changes and such) happen in my save in FHM 6?
Mr. Economics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 05:21 PM   #136
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Economics View Post
One more question, I now imported my historical save from FHM 5 to 6. Will historical development (expansions, rule changes and such) happen in my save in FHM 6?
Yes, unless you turn it off.
Old 10-28-2019, 05:39 PM   #137
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernsky View Post
How does the Coach relationships work? I have a bad relationship with Jeremy Wilmer. Does that mean he will under develop/perform?

How come thre are no AHL, ECHL logo's?
http://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com/...team_chemistry - It will affect him, yes.

As for why no ECHL or AHL logos - we are only NHL licensed at this time. You can download a mod pack though from the forums or Steamworks to change that situation if you prefer in your game.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 06:38 PM   #138
GMO123
Major Leagues

In Roster/Action Menu the AI assistant can do various tasks (setup org, dress players, set roles).

Is this 'AI Assistant' one of the assistant coaches of the team or the generic AI of the game/computer? or something else?

Does the AI assistant make decisions using the tactics of the team and ability/strength of the players on the team or other factors?
Old 10-28-2019, 07:38 PM   #139
GMO123
Major Leagues

Under Manager options/ Team Control settings you can let your assistant perform various tasks such as Scouting, Setting Training etc.

Who is this 'Assistant'?
Is it one of the team's assistant coaches?

What factors does the assistance use to determine lineups and tactics, roster moves etc.?
Old 10-28-2019, 08:47 PM   #140
GMO123
Major Leagues

In Player Stats for the league there is an option to eliminate players who haven't played a certain amount of games (Minimum GP).

Is there (or will there be) a similar option for number of shots?

I have a player who has taken one shot and scored with it so he always comes first on the list of shot % (S%) - 100%.

I would like to eliminate this player from the shot% list by limiting the list to only those who have taken a certain minimum number of shots.