Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 11-30-2017, 07:51 PM   #1
jmknpk2
All Star Reserve

Tell AI manager to never use "day-to-day" injured players

I would really, really, like the option to tell the AI manager to treat all day-to-day injuries as if the player was totally injured (and unable to play), unless there is a dire situation. A dire situation would be no more batters available (including pitchers) and somebody else was injured.

The main reason, is because I don't not want to stall out my major league play rhythm and schedule, just to place a day-to-day guy on the DL or to remove him from the lineups, then have to pause later (and hopefully remember where I had him in the depth charts) and return things back to the way they were after he heals.

I would like the AI manager to sit that player and just make substitutions according to my depth charts while the player is "day-to-day" injured.

I am usually not all that worried about the minor league lineups. Players will get enough experience even if they sit out for a few days. I want to set them once at the beginning of the season. Review them all after the amateur draft. Then, maybe again after the all star break. Don't want to be bothered with minor league details at other times, especially day-to-day injuries. I usually don't even put minor league players on the DL unless it will be months or beyond the end of the season, as long as I have enough backups to cover play.

I especially do not want the AI manager playing a day-to-day injured player, risking increased injury or longer duration. Never want that to happen. Especially when he is a four AAAA player I want to be ready, as soon as possible, to come up to the majors if necessary

If this setting does exist, I haven't been able to find it recently.

Last edited by jmknpk2; 11-30-2017 at 07:55 PM.
jmknpk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:10 PM   #2
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

when i get to this issue, as GM (in commish mode) i just uncheck the day-to-day and make it an full injury - or if over 5 days, i put the guy on 10 day DL.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 11:40 PM   #3
jmknpk2
All Star Reserve

Great idea.
jmknpk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 03:57 PM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

FYI in the player strategy page, you can set that. You do have to set that for each player individually, and there's still a (slim) chance that the player could appear in the game as a pinch hitter or sub later on if other guys get hurt. But it should mostly do what you want, with the main flaw being that you have to set that for each guy individually (and may be locked out if your manager is too strict with strategy settings).
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote