Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-18-2017, 02:37 PM   #1
SI52
Minors (Single A)

Minor League Modifiers

Hi all,

I'd like my minor league AVG and ERA to be similar to those in the MLB (~.250 AVG, 4.00 ERA). Using the auto-calc button keeps getting me insanely offense-heavy leagues (league-wide ERA of 4.80 or so). How can I get more MLB-esque results?

Thanks!
SI52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:06 PM   #2
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Auto-Calc results depend on the year you are using and game type (fictional, Standard, Historical). Cannot give useful help without a context.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:09 PM   #3
SI52
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
Auto-Calc results depend on the year you are using and game type (fictional, Standard, Historical). Cannot give useful help without a context.
Gotcha, my bad --- I've actually been playing this league since 2015 (so I'm not technically 'new' to the game), but I've never been able to figure this out.

This is a 16-team fictional league that started in 2015 and is currently in 2034. Hoping to generate minor league output similar to real-life MLB stats, so it'll be easier to distinguish truly exceptional performance from performance that came about as a result of the modifiers being out of wack.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:25 PM   #4
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

The challenge is auto-calc only works when it has real stats to match to and no one other than perhaps The Doctor knows what they may be in 2034.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:58 PM   #5
SI52
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
The challenge is auto-calc only works when it has real stats to match to and no one other than perhaps The Doctor knows what they may be in 2034.
Ahhh, that would explain a lot. (If I had ever seen Doctor Who, I'd respond with a reference.) Thanks for the tip. Has anyone figured out how to get stats looking appropriate in future years, or do people mostly fiddle with the League Totals through April-May until they get to a reasonable output?
Old 03-20-2017, 09:26 PM   #6
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SI52 View Post
Ahhh, that would explain a lot. (If I had ever seen Doctor Who, I'd respond with a reference.) Thanks for the tip. Has anyone figured out how to get stats looking appropriate in future years, or do people mostly fiddle with the League Totals through April-May until they get to a reasonable output?
You could try picking a RL historical year to base your stats off of. I use 1984 every year in my leagues. Not too crazy like the steroid era, but no 1968 zero offense seasons either. I do the setup every game year on the day before Opening Day. I import the totals from 1984 regardless of what year it is, and the game imports the 1984 totals, and the LTMs do the rest.

I also make sure to leave the "Automatically adjust league totals modifiers for accuracy" boxes unchecked. There are two of them. One by the League Total Modifiers on the Game Settings > League Settings > Stats & AI > League Totals page, and the other is on the Game Settings > League Settings > Historical > Statistical Accuracy page.

It stays reasonably steady. There's some fluctuation, but nothing wild. In 1984 the MLB league slash line was .260/.323/.385/.708 and the MLB league ERA was 3.81, and I like the amount of offense that I see. It holds up regardless of the era (My game has run from 1901-1952 so far, so it's gone through the deadball era and the insane offense of the 1930s) reasonably well. This is OOTP. There are always options to get what you want. You just have to fiddle until you get it right.

EDIT: disregard. Learn to read actionjackson. The man wants help with minor league stats output and you have no practical experience with that, just major leagues. Sorry about that chief.

Last edited by actionjackson; 03-20-2017 at 09:36 PM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote