Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 11-13-2015, 03:34 PM   #1
Gai1997
Major Leagues

Feeder Leagues giving major league ready players?

How do I set up a college feeder league to "produce" players that are very close to being fully developed? Like 3 stars or so and such. Want to set it up kind of like the NFL where the draft has players pretty much ready for the big time and not have to stay in the minors for 2-4 years. I want them to be inserted into starting lineups right away and be able to hold their own for the most part.
Gai1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 09:53 AM   #2
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

If it had like Barry Bonds,Sandy Koufax in the Feeder Leagues might be a Hot Prospects or Stars.
Old 11-14-2015, 10:23 AM   #3
OmahaReynolds
All Star Reserve

I just recently figured this out. The best way is to change the PCM's of the feeder league to AAA levels. I believe it keeps players potentials the same but their current abilities will be around AAA level talent. I ran a test and most first round picks were in the starting lineup the next season
OmahaReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 01:38 PM   #4
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaReynolds View Post
I just recently figured this out. The best way is to change the PCM's of the feeder league to AAA levels. I believe it keeps players potentials the same but their current abilities will be around AAA level talent. I ran a test and most first round picks were in the starting lineup the next season
I thought those only worked for the first year a league is created out of the box, and each years after that players will be actual rated based on age (potential will always be based on PCM9

You may want to run 5-10 years ahead to check and see what the draft class in 10 years looks like in ML readiness, i think they will be very lacking.
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 02:11 PM   #5
Gai1997
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
I thought those only worked for the first year a league is created out of the box, and each years after that players will be actual rated based on age (potential will always be based on PCM9

You may want to run 5-10 years ahead to check and see what the draft class in 10 years looks like in ML readiness, i think they will be very lacking.
So any other ideas? I know there's a way to do this..
Gai1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 04:13 PM   #6
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gai1997 View Post
So any other ideas? I know there's a way to do this..
Yes 2 ways.

A. Have a feeder say for 18-21 year olds. Raise the batting and pitching modifiers to maybe 2.000 or even 2.500. You will have to sim a few years to test out the right modifiers to what you want.

B. No feeder. Bring new draft players at say 21 or 22. They will be low for jumping in so you have to raise the modifiers to at least 4.000. Some will be called up by July almost all the rest with good potential will be up by next April
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote