Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 06-28-2015, 02:26 PM   #1
Gai1997
Major Leagues

Feeder Leagues slowing game down too much

I am using a real MLB structure so all the Minors are like real life. I have 3 College and 4 High School feeder leagues. However, this significantly slows down simming times and a month can take like 5 minutes. (Okay I don't know for sure, but it's slow as hell!)

Should I cut down on my feeder league amounts? How many teams in the specific feeder leagues should I have? I am not willing to get rid of feeder leagues because I love having almost ready college kids come up and it's fun, so if there's no other way, then so be it.
Gai1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:32 PM   #2
IsaacR
Major Leagues

You have one more college feeder than I have, and I didn't notice a significant slow down. The reason MLB sims run slow for me is the sheer amount of minor leagues.

A month taking five minutes? Where did you get your computer? I can't get 5 minute months if I was using 8 team leagues with reserve rosters. Lol.
IsaacR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:33 PM   #3
Gai1997
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacR View Post
You have one more college feeder than I have, and I didn't notice a significant slow down. The reason MLB sims run slow for me is the sheer amount of minor leagues.

A month taking five minutes? Where did you get your computer? I can't get 5 minute months if I was using 8 team leagues with reserve rosters. Lol.
Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. It takes like 15 seconds per day.

I'm thinking about going with 2 College, 2 High School feeder leagues and making the draft come from Feeder Leagues + Generated Players. Then making the Minor Leagues become 1 AAA, 1 AA, 1 A, 2 Rookie. Should cut down on speeds.

Last edited by Gai1997; 06-28-2015 at 02:35 PM.
Gai1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 03:00 PM   #4
IsaacR
Major Leagues

In a fictional I play, I use 2 college, 4 HS, 1 AAA, 1 AA, 2 A, 1 SSA, 2 Rookie leagues, with 24 major league teams. Days take about 20 seconds, which is better than the standard MLB setup.

There's also a indy league that slows it down slightly.

Just my experience. What you outline should work.
IsaacR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 03:11 PM   #5
anthonywvalentine
All Star Reserve

I took me 40+ minutes to simulate a month the other night. What i would give to have a 5 minute month. .
anthonywvalentine is offline   Reply With Quote