Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM - Technical Support Got problems running FHM or want to report a bug? See here!

Old 10-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #481
djskek
Minors (Single A)

Crash Free Agent Center:

If you use filter (makes changes) and then switches between FA signings by team and free agents. (Without filter use is not a crash)
djskek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:45 AM   #482
KooPee
Bat Boy

Version 1.3.13

I see it´s been mentioned here before, but here goes again: the game crashes after first season. Playing in the SM-Liiga and have most of the other leagues on.
KooPee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:04 AM   #483
mora
Bat Boy

contracts ver.1.3.13

In Hockeyallsvenskan (Swedish 2:nd league) many of the contracts are wrong. Most of the contracts IRL are 1 or 2 years. In some cases longer. But in FHM there are far too many contracts that are much longer.
mora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #484
laving
Bat Boy

* Waiver Available "Yes" becomes Waiver Available "No" when a player is traded. I just traded Chris Phillips (in the second season) from Senators to Blue Jackets, since I didn't have any space for him in my roster. When the trade is done, I find him in Springfield Falcons, and he were never sent to Waiver...

* Invisible trade deadline season 2.
I can't find any info about when the Trade Deadline is, during season #2. But I can already see the date for the third season.

* When I hit the Setup Organization button on the Roster screen, it would be nice if the game didn't put my players on Waiver.

* Salary demand
Just renegotiated my contract with Jason Spezza. He wanted $2.7 millions per season. I also se a pattern here. If the last season wage is bigger than the Average Salary (Cap Hit), the player will demand a higher salary next time. If the last season wage i smaller than the Cap Hit, the player will demand a smaller salary next time. Since a lot of contracts in the NHL are front loaded, this will f*ck up the financials in the league after some years. I already, after 2 seasons, see that almost no teams at all have problems with the Salary Cap.

* The number of injuries on defensemen needs to be changed.
Have played 2 seasons with Senators, and both seasons I was forced to play minimum 10 games without my 5 best D's. Also, in average during both seasons, when a game is played, I have 2.7 D's on Injury List. Or, I get more than 1.0 injuries on a defenseman per week. Well, it's fun to try out some of the super poor youngsters in the organization, but hey! Realism?

* What is it with all these crazy NHL signings? A lot of european players that already gave up their NHL dream IRL, signs a two-way deal (or at least accepts to be moved to the Farm Team). A lot of players that never were anywhere close the NHL, gets a contract with a NHL Team at the age of 37. It seems like the Computer Manager think it's better to have a 37 year old LW with Current Ability 7.0 in Farm Team, than a 20 year old kid, 6.5 in Current Ability.
Here is a few:
Joel Lundqvist,
Fredrik Pettersson,
Ivan Ciernik,
Jakub Ficenec,
Branislav Mezei,
Peter Olvecky,
Antti-Jussi Niemi,
Peter Podhradsky,
Jan Bulis,
Miikka Männikkö,
Janis Sprukts,
Branko Radivojevic,
Ondrej Kratena,
Daniel Widing,
Janos Vas,
Pierre Johnsson,
Johannes Salmonsson,
Petr Ton,
Ondrej Nemec,
Ville Vahalahti,
Radim Tesarik,
Ville Nieminen,
Tomas Linhart,
Jarkko Immonen,
Petr Tenkrat,
Erik Forsell,
Viktor Hubl,
Kim Hirschovits,
Lukas Zib,
Christian Berglund,
Denis Kokarev,
Jyrki Välivaara,
Ossi Louhivaara,
Rastislav Stana,
Topi Jaakola,
Radovan Somik,
Petr Cajanek,
Tomas Vlasak,
Tomas Bulik.

I bet noone of these players would accept a contract that made it possible for them to play in the AHL...

* When I start a Custom League, I face a ton of bugs. I reported 9 of them in the Swedish part of this forum, but my post was erased/censored. I bet someone already reported them...
laving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:31 PM   #485
schoendorfer2
Bat Boy

FHM Game Crash Always

My FHM NHL season crashes every time I go from June 30, 2017 to July 1, 2017. Nothing unusual going on, simply the opening of free agency period

schoendorfer2
schoendorfer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:28 PM   #486
shawnmullin
Bat Boy

White screen of death

I just lost all my old games because all i get is a white screen when opening my FHM. So I deleted everything and re-installed... and I had a new game going... and now after investing a few days in that game I have the stupid white screen again.

Is this just going to keep happening every few days when I install a new game? What's the point in investing time in this game if I have to delete all my stuff to get the game to work again?
shawnmullin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:35 PM   #487
gosens
Minors (Single A)

Further to my previous post about stats displays etc, here are a few more:

Leaderboard: Custom leagues, the Season records are erased after each season.

Player career stats: Totals are cumulating all leagues into a single total. Individual league totals are not shown.

Addition to item in previous post about league history standings, in custom leagues they are also not showing the standings on the history page for a past season, just the season's leaders and the team stat totals.

Win-Loss records from past seasons (either on the Team History screen, or on the year summary screen it shows the standings) do not include overtime wins... The win totals are low and there is no separate column for OTW. The point totals are correct, but for example, a season that is 45 wins [3 in OT], 30 losses, 7 OTL for 97 pts will display as 42 W, 30 L, 7 OT for 97 pts.

Ties/OTL in Standings: Standings displays are confusing when it comes to ties, OTL, etc. Most screens, ties are not shown; sometimes they are; other times the OTL are not shown; it is always confusing because you can't see at a glance their true number of W/L nor all the items that make up their score. Meanwhile, goalies don't show ties even if they're allowed, but they are lumped into "OT".
Historical leagues, the standings display (while simming, and main standings page, and in bottom right of league home screen, and team history) should show the columns in effect for the relevant year.
Custom leagues should show relevant columns. My classic "ties allowed, no shootouts, no loser point" league doesn't show ties, but shows OTL on their history screens, but on the main standings it shows Draw but no OTL (and OTL are not combined with L which would make the most sense). All of this is - as I said - confusing.

- News items could use the team logo for the player being discussed.

- Custom leagues could use random team logos to start with.

--- game logic issues, not stats display:

- Top players in my custom league are being sent to the minors when they are still in fine form. As an example, one person on the career goals list was sent to the minors at age 32, the season following a 47-goal, 98-point season, and stayed there for the rest of his career aside from a few short callups.

Meanwhile, Sydney Crosby signed with a minor league team at age 38 and rode the bus for the rest of his career. That's not so likely. If a star player sucked so badly at the tail end of his career that he couldn't make the NHL (though Crosby did not suck in this case) they would most likely retire.

- Simming a season takes an increasingly very long time the more seasons you play. Not sure if it's the game sim time or the weekly/monthly saving time but it's a lot slower.

- A day after a team traded for pending free agent, they announced they were not renew his contract and he would be a free agent.

thanks...

Last edited by gosens; 10-28-2013 at 03:42 AM.
gosens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #488
stratcrowder
Bat Boy

iPad mini v14 crash

I've had the baseball game since summer....I ran at least 30 seasons over the course of a few months with no problems, then I got the new iOS for the mini (after purchasing every season available), and now the game won't open for longer than 5 seconds before crashing. I've gone through every geek fix I know and a few other suggestions. The app store refunded my money, but I don't care about that! I MISS MY GAME!!!!
FYI- my mini is the max memory you can buy, and I never leave apps open. I don't have much loaded on it, and I also have 100 GB of iCloud space that takes my auto dumps for most of my stuff. I'm so frustrated. I've even gone so far as to reinstall the game a few times with no luck.

Last edited by stratcrowder; 10-28-2013 at 08:11 AM.
stratcrowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #489
YZG

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnmullin View Post
I just lost all my old games because all i get is a white screen when opening my FHM. So I deleted everything and re-installed... and I had a new game going... and now after investing a few days in that game I have the stupid white screen again.

Is this just going to keep happening every few days when I install a new game? What's the point in investing time in this game if I have to delete all my stuff to get the game to work again?
It's not supposed to do that. Other people have had a white screen problem, it was usually caused by a the settings.dat file that became corrupted. Try deleting the file in \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2014\config and running the game again. It might solve your problem.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:54 PM   #490
Masterbatter76
Bat Boy

Crashing

FHM crashes when I try to proceed from June 30, 2018 to July 1, 2018. Crashes as second "Process season" starts. Has happened multiple time. Any suggestions?
Masterbatter76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:53 AM   #491
JeffR
FHM Producer

As I said in the main forum, crash bugs are often very difficult to diagnose without a savegame. Please, if you're getting a crash that you want us to look at, upload a save to our ftp server.

The uploading instructions, if anyone needs them: How to FTP files to OOTP Developments - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software

(Use the /fhm directory instead of the OOTP one. It's also helpful if you include a short text file describing your problem in case we have trouble finding the forum post.)

And if you can't use the ftp server, posting the save on a filesharing site and giving us a link to it works, too.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:28 AM   #492
KooPee
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
As I said in the main forum, crash bugs are often very difficult to diagnose without a savegame. Please, if you're getting a crash that you want us to look at, upload a save to our ftp server.

The uploading instructions, if anyone needs them: How to FTP files to OOTP Developments - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software

(Use the /fhm directory instead of the OOTP one. It's also helpful if you include a short text file describing your problem in case we have trouble finding the forum post.)

And if you can't use the ftp server, posting the save on a filesharing site and giving us a link to it works, too.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xn7y28ohq4lfhcs/koopee.lg.zip

Here´s a dropbox link to my save game.

The game always crashes when changing from June 30 to July 1,2014.
KooPee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:29 PM   #493
Dodger1
Minors (Double A)

Rule 5 Eligibility??

I previously posted this in general discussions.

According to the manual, a player isn't eligible for the rule 5 draft until he has at least three years of professional service time. But on my Short Season A team I have two guys who are age 20 with 1 year and 106 days service time who are marked as eligible for the rule 5 draft. Also another guy who is 22 with 2 years and 106 days who is marked as eligible. This doesn't seem to match the manual. Any thoughts?
Dodger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #494
will.arnold
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Minor display/calculate errors

In version 1.3.13, when you press the "PLAY" button, under the title "TODAY", the first entry is "finish today" and the second entry shows either
"play game AGAINST teamX" or "play game AT teamX". This is reversed from what it should be as the first one shows up for "away" games, and the second for "home" games.

Also, in the game total stats, for Power Plays, it shows co-incident penalties at a power play for each team. These should NOT be counted as Power Plays.

Thanks.
will.arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:10 AM   #495
jimd1966
Bat Boy

FHM Problem With Mavericks

Installed Mavericks and now FHM won't work. When start it I get a large Rectangle with black and white boxes with no lettering. Game just sits there waiting for me to press a button that's not there. I downloaded the latest version but got the same thing. I am running Mavericks on an IMAC (Early 2008).
jimd1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:46 PM   #496
toranaga
Bat Boy

Here's my bug; I'm in 2016, a bit after the 2016 nhl entry draft... and i can still trade for 2015/2016 draft picks... these drafts are over!

thanks for reading me
toranaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #497
jh95
All Star Starter

Some missing stats

Historic Mode (1.3.13):

In the League Home Screen the stats for leaders in "Team Powerplay Chances" and "Team Shorthanded Chances" are empty!
Anyway those stats make no sense.
It should be rather PP Efficency Percentage and PK Efficency Percentage.

In the League Standings "Division" and "Conference" the column "Streak" is also empty!

Under "Salary Obligations" the "TOTAL GOALTENDERS" section is empty.
jh95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #498
jh95
All Star Starter

Problem with Transfer Fees

Historic Mode (1.3.13):

I execute a trade X in which I acquired 1 million cash.
Under Finances I see that unter "Transfer Fees In" 1 million is added.

After this the following two cases happen:

A. If the next trade after trade X includesno money, the value "Transfer Fees In" changes back to 0.
It should remain at 1 million.

B. When the next after trade X also includes money, the money is not added to "Transfer Fees In". It
just replaces the 1 million. It shoud be added.

I bet the same problem exists for "Transfer Fees Out".
jh95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:44 PM   #499
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

my saved game is uploading now called "dwm.lg"

You will notice brodeur traded for reinhart.

If you open reinharts profile page through the news clicking of that trade and select contract the game crashes. in fact, it crashes in multiple occasions when you select the "contract" tab in player profile pages after the first full season.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #500
jslmsca
All Star Reserve

Hi,

I just purchased the game (Version 1.3 Build 13) and wanted to create a custom league. Unfortunately, there appears to be a refresh issue with the "Start a Fictional Game" screen. In particular, the scroll bar does not appear to work.

I tried the following resolutions:

2560 x 1600 (maximized)
2560 x 1600 (windowed)
1920 x 1080 (windowed)

The refresh issue appears with all of these resolutions. I'm currently running a Dell U3014 on Windows 8 Pro, 64 bit, with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580M with the latest driver (9.18.13.2049). I'm also using a DPI setting of 125% (Medium).

It appears that after scrolling the vertical scroll bar to the bottom, if I then press a key on the keyboard, it will force a refresh.
jslmsca is offline   Reply With Quote