Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support > Earlier versions of OOTP: Closed or Claim Fixed
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 06:07 PM   #1
SportsGuySean
Minors (Single A)

crashing on historical league creation

I am trying to set up a historical league, starting in 1914. When I click on "Next Step" after Step 1, the game crashes. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?
Old 12-20-2007, 06:11 PM   #2
Tony M
Global Moderator

If you're running OOTP8 you will need to download the latest update - v8.0.0.13 - the thread with the link is in the Discussions forum.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:23 PM   #3
SportsGuySean
Minors (Single A)

I have downloaded the new patch, and it still does it.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:36 PM   #4
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
If you haven't, try a clean install of 80013.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:54 PM   #5
dvisser
Bat Boy

Cool same thing with me

SportsGuy,

I'm getting the same message when I try to import historical players starting in 1950. It crashes after I select import. I'm using Vista and when I check for updates it says I have the latest updates.

I did a clean reinstall and still have the same problems. Can anyone help with this issue?
Old 12-21-2007, 06:38 PM   #6
SportsGuySean
Minors (Single A)

I deleted all the OOTP8 files and did a complete re-install, and it's still crashing on Step 1 of importing the historical league. I'm running Win2000, if that matters any. Any suggestions?
Old 01-21-2008, 08:04 PM   #7
ervinn
Minors (Single A)

Running 8.0.0.13 on a clean install...

Creating a Historical League causing my computer to shut down after clicking Next Step in the lower right on the first page of Create Historical League. Some processing takes place, adding players to game, etc...then not only does the game crash but my computer shuts down completely.

I'm running Windows XP Pro 5.1 on a Intel Pentium D 3.40GHz (2 CPUs) with 2048MB RAM and a page file 461MB used 5527MB available, Direct X 9.0c, with NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS graphics card (512MB).

I have not had any other system crashes with this computer, only occassional websites crashing.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:46 PM   #8
ervinn
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ervinn View Post
Some processing takes place, adding players to game, etc...
Importing Players at 20% completed to be precise. Hopefully someone is fixing this.

Thanks again.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:30 PM   #9
ervinn
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Creating a Historical League causing my computer to shut down
Anyone have a suggestion what I can do to set up a Historical League with OOTP 8?
Old 01-26-2008, 07:11 PM   #10
ervinn
Minors (Single A)

What should I be expecting?

Being as it is that I am unable to play this game as I intended to when I bought it (playing historical leagues) what am I to expect from this forum? I have had no indication that this is being addressed.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:37 PM   #11
ervinn
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Creating a Historical League causing my computer to shut down...

I have had no indication that this is being addressed.
Is there going to be a fix?
Old 03-09-2008, 09:57 AM   #12
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Any progress on this? I'm not sure what to suggest.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:23 PM   #13
ervinn
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutlaw View Post
Any progress on this? I'm not sure what to suggest.
No progress. Still having the same problem. The percentage complete has ranged from 15% to 24% and then my computer shuts down.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:56 AM   #14
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Are you trying to import the full league history when creating your league? Could you try it again with that option off?
Old 03-29-2008, 06:12 PM   #15
ervinn
Minors (Single A)

Works with no league history

Quote:
Are you trying to import the full league history when creating your league? Could you try it again with that option off?
Yes, I tried it again with the 'full league history' option off and was able to create a league successfully.

Thank you.

I would like to play with 'full league history' on so does this help you to resolve the problem?
Old 03-29-2008, 06:49 PM   #16
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I would like to play with 'full league history' on so does this help you to resolve the problem?
Well, it indicates that your computer does not have the available resources necessary to create such a league. You could try closing every conceivable program you have running and try creating the league again.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:39 AM   #17
ervinn
Minors (Single A)

Available Resources

Quote:
Well, it indicates that your computer does not have the available resources necessary to create such a league.
Surely you jest. There's nothing wrong with my system specs. Still, I'm curious what resources you are referring to. If it's no trouble...
Old 03-30-2008, 08:55 AM   #18
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

I understand what you wrote earlier, but this type of problem is regularly indicative of limited system resources, particularly available RAM.

In what year are you trying to create your league? Maybe try creating a test league in a significantly earlier year that would require less history to be generated. We can then narrow down whether or not the issue resides in trying to generate too much history or in trying to generate history at all.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:15 PM   #19
ervinn
Minors (Single A)

Test Leagues

Quote:
Maybe try creating a test league in a significantly earlier year that would require less history to be generated. We can then narrow down whether or not the issue resides in trying to generate too much history or in trying to generate history at all.
A test league in of 1950 worked, however, a test league of 1970 did not work. So, somewhere in between there lies the breaking point.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:40 PM   #20
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

I can assure you that others have been able to generate a full set of MLB history, although this is clearly the most system intensive process that the game can run. It appears to be more than your computer can handle.

I'm certain that that is not what you wanted to hear, but it does appear to be the case. Is there anything further that I can help you with?
Closed Thread