Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 22 > Perfect Team 22
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 22 Perfect Team 22 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-23-2021, 03:02 PM   #1
CField17
Minors (Double A)

I started with 30 packs

Is this normal?
CField17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 03:05 PM   #2
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

On release it will be Starter Packs (6) plus your loyalty packs (1-3) and the pre-order pack (1). They added 20 packs plus 50k coins for beta

Last edited by PocketsAintFull; 03-23-2021 at 03:59 PM.
PocketsAintFull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 03:08 PM   #3
CField17
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
On release it will be Starter Packs (6) plus your loyalty packs (1-3) and the pre-order pack (1). They added 20 packs plus 30k coins for beta
haha dang I also have 50k perfect points
CField17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 03:21 PM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by CField17 View Post
haha dang I also have 50k perfect points
Yeah, all that is just for the beta. Enjoy it while it lasts

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 04:42 PM   #5
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Yeah, all that is just for the beta. Enjoy it while it lasts

Will the loyalty packs be lost after the beta?
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 04:45 PM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunktown Ballers View Post
Will the loyalty packs be lost after the beta?
The specific cards you pulled in beta will be lost but you'll get the loyalty packs back to pull again, this time for 'real'

Old 03-23-2021, 04:53 PM   #7
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Quote:
The specific cards you pulled in beta will be lost but you'll get the loyalty packs back to pull again, this time for 'real'

Cool, but haven't even touch PT ....was wondering if i decide to go there....just had so many issues that made play unrealistic
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 06:13 PM   #8
sharknut
All Star Reserve

All 3 of my teams got 30 packs, but now only 1 team has the players from all 30 packs. The other 2 teams only have the players from the first 6 packs....is that how it should be?

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 07:17 PM   #9
Mikecouil
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I'm going to choose to believe this is why my packs were "juiced" and therefore shouldn't be frustrated that I'll lose them all in 3 days after spending 30 minutes just to open them
Mikecouil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 07:57 PM   #10
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknut View Post
All 3 of my teams got 30 packs, but now only 1 team has the players from all 30 packs. The other 2 teams only have the players from the first 6 packs....is that how it should be?
Check your inactives. The rest of the players should be there.

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

dishnet34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 01:03 AM   #11
Goody
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecouil View Post
I'm going to choose to believe this is why my packs were "juiced" and therefore shouldn't be frustrated that I'll lose them all in 3 days after spending 30 minutes just to open them
I used the 50k beta points to buy 2 golds and the rest bronze packs. I only got 3 diamonds and 16 golds.
Old 03-24-2021, 06:35 PM   #12
Mikecouil
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody View Post
I used the 50k beta points to buy 2 golds and the rest bronze packs. I only got 3 diamonds and 16 golds.
I don't remember the names at all but I pulled at least 5 diamonds with my loyalty and pre order packs. I didn't bother playing once I saw we are getting reset. I appreciate those of you willing and eager to volunteer to beta test so that the rest of us have an even better experience when the game goes live, but I don't have it in me.
Old 03-25-2021, 11:27 AM   #13
Drivehud.com
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
lol... so basically you get nothing for beta testing? hehe... that's pretty funny.

Hey OOTP team, as someone who's owned a software company for 15+ years, you guys need to write better in house tests. I have to be blunt, but this "beta" is atrocious. My in house alpha versions are less buggy than this, and my software is way more complex. I would never do a public beta release w/ this many bugs... never ever.

I don't see how you're going to get all of these bugs fixed by friday, and based on the first .30 beta update, it looks like you're focusing on the aesthetic issues, and not the serious issues (crashes, database corruption, etc..).

GL to you guys. I hope you guys figure it out. Seems like it would be a miracle based on what I'm reading in here and my own experience.

Drivehud.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 02:31 PM   #14
ncap99
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivehud.com View Post
lol... so basically you get nothing for beta testing? hehe... that's pretty funny.
I feel that getting to playtest new features like perfect draft and start to do some analysis on what works with some of the statistical changes is enough value for doing 3 days worth of occasional feedback. I know my strategy 2 days in for tournaments and perfect drafts has changed significantly from what it was on day one, so I feel like I will have at least a little bit of an advantage.
ncap99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 03:56 PM   #15
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncap99 View Post
I feel that getting to playtest new features like perfect draft and start to do some analysis on what works with some of the statistical changes is enough value for doing 3 days worth of occasional feedback. I know my strategy 2 days in for tournaments and perfect drafts has changed significantly from what it was on day one, so I feel like I will have at least a little bit of an advantage.
It's not like we're somehow forcing anyone to provide any feedback or do any beta testing.

If anyone just wants to play the game 3 days early and post snarky comments on the forums, they're perfectly free to do that, with our blessing.

Old 03-25-2021, 04:39 PM   #16
Drivehud.com
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
It's not like we're somehow forcing anyone to provide any feedback or do any beta testing.

If anyone just wants to play the game 3 days early and post snarky comments on the forums, they're perfectly free to do that, with our blessing.
Clearly you need to make that a lot more clear in your messages. If it was posted somewhere that beta testing and the content you got was just going to be removed on release, I totally missed it, and it looks like others did as well.

I give free copies of the software to public beta testers, but we limit the signups for beta copies.

Old 03-25-2021, 05:36 PM   #17
Mikecouil
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Clearly you need to make that a lot more clear in your messages. If it was posted somewhere that beta testing and the content you got was just going to be removed on release, I totally missed it, and it looks like others did as well.

I give free copies of the software to public beta testers, but we limit the signups for beta copies.
Giving away copies of your game to your most loyal fanbase is a flawed model. The big companies are flaunting it, getting us to pre order months in advance to play beta versions. Have you SEEN AAA titles on release? They don't even try to push out a fixed version anymore, relying on after release patches.

I haven't found a bug in 3 seasons of solo play and I found value in pre ordering and getting the game a few days early. I'm biased and I've owned every version since the original, but I think OOTP gets rewarding loyalty far better than the vast majority of software companies. In OOTP2 I had an issue with my license. I honestly couldn't even tell you what the issue was because it was 20 years ago....but after 1 single email detailing my problem and asking for a work around I was sent TWO free copies of the game in the mail with a note thanking me for the kind things I said about the game and offering me a chance to share it with someone else. I was part of an online league that was like 40 years in and we had MASSIVE problems with a corrupted league file (again, many moons ago, don't even remember what the issue was but those who were in the Crackerjack league will remember this) and the team had us up and going in like a day or two. Very specific issue only affecting us and they bent over backwards.
Old 03-25-2021, 06:52 PM   #18
Drivehud.com
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecouil View Post
Giving away copies of your game to your most loyal fanbase is a flawed model. The big companies are flaunting it, getting us to pre order months in advance to play beta versions. Have you SEEN AAA titles on release? They don't even try to push out a fixed version anymore, relying on after release patches.

I haven't found a bug in 3 seasons of solo play and I found value in pre ordering and getting the game a few days early. I'm biased and I've owned every version since the original, but I think OOTP gets rewarding loyalty far better than the vast majority of software companies. In OOTP2 I had an issue with my license. I honestly couldn't even tell you what the issue was because it was 20 years ago....but after 1 single email detailing my problem and asking for a work around I was sent TWO free copies of the game in the mail with a note thanking me for the kind things I said about the game and offering me a chance to share it with someone else. I was part of an online league that was like 40 years in and we had MASSIVE problems with a corrupted league file (again, many moons ago, don't even remember what the issue was but those who were in the Crackerjack league will remember this) and the team had us up and going in like a day or two. Very specific issue only affecting us and they bent over backwards.
I'm fully aware at how bad development companies have become over the years. I've been in the industry a long time and managed large teams of developers.That's no excuse for poor in house testing imho. You can actually write test scripts that you use for all of your releases and new version builds before it hits your development release branch and build server. It takes time to do, but it's also responsible coding.

To use a simple analogy with your comparison to other companies and how bad public releases are getting, would you accept the fact and start running through red lights and stop signs in your car because other people are doing it? No, you hold other people accountable and correct the problem and wouldn't follow what others are doing. I mean all companies are doing it now, and the public seems to be "ok" with it, so why not do it right?

I posted my message because I'm frustrated that I wasted 1.5 days of playing w/ the software without knowing it was all going to be wiped away. That was in no way clear to me (and others), and I'll leave it be how intentional that was or wasn't.

And right now I have software that's not functional and I don't know whether it's better to uninstall and install later after release, or just run updates hoping that it will fix all of the issues.

Last edited by Drivehud.com; 03-25-2021 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-25-2021, 10:45 PM   #19
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

As someone who farts for fun, I blow one in your generalized, pompous direction and PLONK... Whatever gave you the idea you were a BETA tester. LOL. Cool story bro.

Last edited by webdox; 03-25-2021 at 10:47 PM.
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 12:21 AM   #20
Riabi
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I posted my message because I'm frustrated that I wasted 1.5 days of playing w/ the software without knowing it was all going to be wiped away. That was in no way clear to me (and others), and I'll leave it be how intentional that was or wasn't.
They posted about it in the forums, they mentioned it on Discord (even going so far as to risk annoying people by @ing everyone in their Discord), they mentioned it on their Twitch stream, AND THEY EVEN PUT IT IN AN IN-GAME POP UP! Honest question Mr. Software Company owner... how else could they have communicated that info to you?

If you or anyone else didn't know that your PT stuff was gonna be wiped before launch, that's not on the devs here. The dev team can't force you to read.
Riabi is offline   Reply With Quote