Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - Online Leagues

OOTP 17 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 17 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 06-15-2016, 04:30 PM   #1
BrandonS
Minors (Double A)

Champions League Baseball

Main URL: Champions League Baseball
Reports URL: League Reports
Boards URL: Forum
Commissinoer OOTP Forum Username: BrandonS
Email Address: b61994@hotmail.com
OOTP Version: OOTP 17
Game Needed: Required
Players: Fictional
# of Teams: 30
Export Deadline Days and Times: T/Th/Fr/Su (9pm EST) – Live Sim
League Time Per Sim: 7 Days
First Season 2023*
Latest Season: 2030*
Special Rules and Settings: Constitution

Previously was a Promotion/Relegation league but we encountered glitches and the tedious maintenance was overbearing. After 10 seasons of Promotion/Relegation, we created a new MLB setup league with an inaugural draft and are finishing our 7th season. In total, we have been a league for 4 real life years and 17 fictional seasons.

What Makes Us Unique
Live Sim – We live sim every sim night which last about 1 hour. This is a great experience for all of the Gms as we can discuss our teams in real time as we watch the baseball games play out.

Potentials Only – We do not show actual ratings because we want to be as close as possible to a stats only league. We believe this creates the most competition for our members

Participation Points System (PPT) -Content isn't required but you will be rewarded for actively producing content for all of the league to discuss and read!

Create your Team – We allow Full customization with your team, This including relocating, rebranding, logos, jerseys, caps, stadium and all.

Custom Finances: The owner will not take or give cash at the end of the season. Your final balance from the previous season is FULLY available for spending the next season. This means you can go negative and not be bailed out by the owner. This also means that you can have a huge profit in revenue and not have the owner take any money. All Revenue is available for spending

Content
- Lots of podcasts, team news, league features, season previews, playoff previews, RPI systems, and more written by our members. A very interactive league!

Openings: Updated 9/1/2016

Click here to apply: Application

****NOTE**** WHEN REGISTERING, PASSWORD IS baseball

Last edited by BrandonS; 09-01-2016 at 04:31 PM.
BrandonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:56 PM   #2
kielcary
Bat Boy

Great League

I've been a part of this league for four seasons, and it has been what I always hoped an online OOTP league would be.

Multiple "Team News" and "League Feature" articles are published every week. There is plenty of analysis and debate about these articles in the forums, and it's a fun group to bicker with.

There are a large number of very competitive managers. These are the types of guys that stick around through rebuilds and are incredibly active trade partners. The trade deadline is busy - this last season saw 30+ trades in the real-world month leading up to the trade deadline.

While I want to keep our league filled, I also want to make sure it's with quality managers. If you're the type of player that knows you can stick it out through your team's rough times, talk some smack during the good times, and be involved regularly in our forums, I want you in our league.

Even if you're a Yankee's fan.
kielcary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 01:45 PM   #3
moonlightmerc
Minors (Double A)

This is the best league I've been involved in. I think we still have 1 or 2 open teams to join.
moonlightmerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 03:55 PM   #4
firefoxx
Bat Boy

Best league out there, very active don't miss your chance to join.
firefoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:46 PM   #5
BrandonS
Minors (Double A)

Two openings now, join quick while we are doing the draft!
Old 07-08-2016, 03:28 PM   #6
Old Hoss Radbourn
Bat Boy

Cuz Old Hoss said so

I've been involved in this league for over a calendar year. I was here at the end of the relegation era and into the inaugural draft for the current iteration. There are many active GM's who are competitive and helpful.

There are podcasts done by member's, write-ups and articles made for features and team news. Last sim night saw 16 users online, and at least half were engaged in lively conversation as we enjoyed the live sim. I've had the pleasure of meeting a few of the GM's in person which makes it an even better experience.

We have a lot of people who use Skype and send messages/video chat that way, as well as contacts for other games (Steam network, etc) so there's life outside of baseball as well. Real life happens, and should always come first. The guys in here are more than helpful to make sure you are taken care of the best we can.

If you think you're good, and like a competitive and lively atmosphere, then you better sign up quick. The 2 teams currently available (San Juan & Honolulu) are in the same division as the commissioner, and who doesn't want to beat up on the commissioner !?! Come join us, you won't be disappointed.

Sincerely,
Old Hoss Radbourn
Old Hoss Radbourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 03:32 PM   #7
sabrejet27
Minors (Rookie Ball)

If you want a competitive league with lots of give and take in the chat, and you like to write an article or 2 occasionally, this is the league for you. Do you have what it takes to mold a team and keep it in contention? But caution, if you really like the online leagues, this is the one you will never want to leave!
sabrejet27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 04:05 PM   #8
BrandonS
Minors (Double A)

I approve everything in this message, except for the beating up on the commissioner. I would like to minimize that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hoss Radbourn View Post
I've been involved in this league for over a calendar year. I was here at the end of the relegation era and into the inaugural draft for the current iteration. There are many active GM's who are competitive and helpful.

There are podcasts done by member's, write-ups and articles made for features and team news. Last sim night saw 16 users online, and at least half were engaged in lively conversation as we enjoyed the live sim. I've had the pleasure of meeting a few of the GM's in person which makes it an even better experience.

We have a lot of people who use Skype and send messages/video chat that way, as well as contacts for other games (Steam network, etc) so there's life outside of baseball as well. Real life happens, and should always come first. The guys in here are more than helpful to make sure you are taken care of the best we can.

If you think you're good, and like a competitive and lively atmosphere, then you better sign up quick. The 2 teams currently available (San Juan & Honolulu) are in the same division as the commissioner, and who doesn't want to beat up on the commissioner !?! Come join us, you won't be disappointed.

Sincerely,
Old Hoss Radbourn
Old 07-08-2016, 05:26 PM   #9
John Peterson
Bat Boy

I've been a member of this league for almost two years now, and I can say with confidence that it is the best league I have ever been a member of.
John Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 05:47 PM   #10
Kabel
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Logo Says it All.

In all seriousness its Great League, Great group of GM's, I've been a part of this league since the beginning, and have yet to find a league that has kept my interest such as this one.

oh and #BeatSeattle
Old 07-08-2016, 05:51 PM   #11
IXIDECAYIXI
Bat Boy

Do you guys still have any openings? I would love to join an online league. I am a baseball junkie and can not get enough of it. I have been involved with fantasy leagues for years but I'm ready to dive into something a little deeper.

Last edited by IXIDECAYIXI; 07-08-2016 at 05:52 PM.
IXIDECAYIXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:16 PM   #12
threesportgeek
Minors (Double A)

I have had the pleasure of playing in this league on a invitation because I had been through with online play. I gave it a whirl.

Time has passed now. It will be a full year of real life play in the winter. Everything has ran in sync with the schedule. The guys are equally as a challenging foe as they are willing to help you along as they did me. Everything that was explained previously is no fabrication and the real deal. I agree with all statements made. Yes, it is that good.

Joining will be without a shadow of doubt be the best experience in online play you will ever have. I strongly encourage you to give it a try as I did. You will not be disappointed. Hope to see on the web site.

Last edited by threesportgeek; 07-09-2016 at 02:36 PM.
threesportgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 03:11 PM   #13
Sharkman37
Bat Boy

I have been in this thing since the very beginning. I have done multiple online leagues over the past 12 years and this one is the best, hands down.
Sharkman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 03:13 PM   #14
saejr1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

A couple years ago I decided I would try an OOTP online league so I looked to the OOTP forum and posted a message looking to join a league.

Later that day I received a message from Brandon and an Invite.

I really enjoyed being in the league, the people are great, friendly and helpful. Glad I found this league can't imagine being in a different one

-Frostbite
saejr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 04:31 PM   #15
MmmRocks
Minors (Double A)

Infractions: 0/1 (3)
Nevermind.
MmmRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 08:44 PM   #16
Jwalk100
Minors (Single A)

Come in and grab a team!

This league is like no other. Be a GM/Sports writer/Pod caster. If you are good at making uniforms for ootp you can do that here. If not, there are people here that can design a logo for you.

Live sims and quick off seasons so you won't get bored.
Old 07-10-2016, 08:55 PM   #17
Maine Yank
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Sent PM
Yankees would still be #1 even if they were in 15th place.
Maine Yank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 09:13 PM   #18
BrandonS
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Yank View Post
Sent PM
Did not get a PM.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:07 PM   #19
BrandonS
Minors (Double A)