Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 10-28-2014, 03:11 PM   #1
Thornbreaker
Minors (Double A)

Best Year Yet...plus some observations

So I have a couple different historical/random leagues going...one as Cubs manager, and the other as the Braves manager.

I happened to finish 126 and 36 in the last season and won the World Series with the following team:

Lineup:

Carlos Gonzalez - LF
Mickey Mantle - CF
Ty Cobb - RF
Ernie Banks - SS
Eddie Mathews - 3b
Rafael Palmerio - 1b
Elston Howard - C
Jeff Blauser - 2b

Pitching Rotation:

Greg Maddux
Chief Bender
Doc White
Daisy Davis

Banks finished with 55 Homeruns and 188 RBI
Mantle hit .389 with a OPS of 1.213
Cobb swiped 77 bags
Bender finished with 28 wins
White with 26

Sick lineup eh?

Maddux blew his shoulder out midseason, and Davis with a month to go in the regular season did the same to his elbow.

What I'm a bit curious about is that I've had a fairly easy time in these historical random sims in winning...at most I've played .500 ball only a couple times, and missed the playoffs only a couple times. I doubt I'm this good...but does anyone else find it a bit easy at times?

I basically have traded for #1 or #2 picks in the upcoming drafts so that i keep young, inexpensive, yet talented players. However, it also seems quite easy at times to find a very good veteran unsigned a couple months into the season. For instance, I signed Eddie Matthews for 3 million, even though he's only 28/29 for the next 3 years. I've signed Musial several times half way through a season for less than 6 million and even at 40 he hits like he's 25. There's probably some tweaking here that could be done to make it a little more realistic?

Rolling with a 4 man rotation though seems to have its downside. Bender gets hurt for a few weeks each year, and I lost 2 pitchers to bad arm injuries. I rolled with a 3 man rotation in the playoffs, which worked out, tho Bender and White had to carry most of that load. Is this normal for most of you who have tried a 4 man rotation? Does pitching 300 innings greatly increase the risk of injury?

I had taken some screenshots, but unfortunately they included the other screen as well...so I need to crop them before I can post em. How do you guys insert those nice screenshots of the game?

Love this sim though. Really deep. Really a lot of fun.

Last edited by Thornbreaker; 10-28-2014 at 03:13 PM.
Thornbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote