Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 10-11-2019, 07:19 PM   #1
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Styles.css doesnt create each time

Please make it so that the styles.css file does not revert to the default OOTP every time you create reports. Its beyond annoying.
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 01:26 PM   #2
Tiesenberg
Major Leagues

Trying to use custom .CSS for your League Reports?

Within the template folder, find the "head_bits.tpl" file.

Change the <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../styles.css"> to a file of your choice and creation. Add your custom named .css file to your league folder alongside the style.css file.

Hope this helps and is what you were after. If it's unrelated, well, ignore this!
Tiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 06:27 PM   #3
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiesenberg View Post
Trying to use custom .CSS for your League Reports?

Within the template folder, find the "head_bits.tpl" file.

Change the <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../styles.css"> to a file of your choice and creation. Add your custom named .css file to your league folder alongside the style.css file.

Hope this helps and is what you were after. If it's unrelated, well, ignore this!
Ok, hold on.

Are you saying after I edit that file to say maybe 'stylez.css, if I save my customized styles file as stylez.css in the same folder (….news/html) as the styles.css file, the reports will forever use the stylez.css instead?

Since the templates folder is outside the 'saved_games' folder, I assume this would force this on all leagues that you create reports for? Or do the leagues without the newly named file still use the styles.css file?

Last edited by Cooleyvol; 10-16-2019 at 06:33 PM.
Old 10-17-2019, 05:02 PM   #4
Tiesenberg
Major Leagues

Are you saying after I edit that file to say maybe 'stylez.css, if I save my customized styles file as stylez.css in the same folder (….news/html) as the styles.css file, the reports will forever use the stylez.css instead?

Correct!

Since the templates folder is outside the 'saved_games' folder, I assume this would force this on all leagues that you create reports for? Or do the leagues without the newly named file still use the styles.css file?

I copy and paste my templates folder into the desired save games folder for which I want my custom templates to be used.

I would recommend not renaming the original styles.css but copying it and renaming the second file. Change the head_bits file to recognize the .css file you want to be used, make sure you have your .css file in the proper places within the folder and you're good to go. Make sure you have OOTP closed when making changes like this. It always requires a restart prior to seeing the changes you have made.

Here is an example of custom .css created league home and player pages that I use.
Tiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 06:12 PM   #5
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

That's what I meant. Naming the edited file to something other than styles and leaving the original as is.

So copy/paste the templates folder into the .lg folder that I want to use a custom css file?

I've always just kept a copy of the custom file on my computer and uploaded it each time I created the reports.

Thanks for the info.