Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 12-17-2016, 01:31 PM   #1
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

How to generate offense

Im struggling to generate offense and was curious what your tactics look like? Ive been trying to use Puck Control with flexible 1-2-2. However im always struggling to score 2 goals or generate much shots. Opponents have been starting each game getting 10 shots before my team gets 1.

Power Forward - Sniper - Playmaker
Power Forward - Playmaker - Two way
Shadow - Two way - Agg forecheck
Power Forward - Playmaker - Sniper

Rushing D - Stay at home
Rushing D - Stay at home
Rushing D - Stay at home

Those are the offensive roles im using. My 4tn line is getting 3rd line minutes and vise versa because the 4th line has no role restrictions

Now im using the isles who are having there actual offensive woes as well in real life...

Last edited by beezer2434; 12-17-2016 at 01:32 PM.
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 04:52 AM   #2
DFyvie
Major Leagues

I find puck control doesn't generate much in the way of shots.. Perhaps make your defensive system more aggressive. I feel in this game a lot of your offence comes from your defence's ability to generate turnovers.

I'm basically having the opposite issue. For me I look at how much sustained pressure and presence my team has in the offensive zone. Stretching the D and Cycling seems to generate that.. but I give up a lot of goals. So I wonder if my offence creates too many turnovers which lead to too many offensive chances for the opposition.

One other thing I find is that I I roll the lines in the first two periods: 18 minutes, 15, 15, and 12 minutes for the forwards and 22 minutes, 20, and 18 for the defenders, then ramp up the minutes for the top guys in the 3rd and change a few roles (in other words shorten the bench) I generate a few more shots.

I really need a systems/tactics/game management guru I think.
DFyvie is offline   Reply With Quote