Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-21-2020, 10:16 PM   #1
thklein
Major Leagues

Funny (for everyone but me) Animation Glitch

In a playoff game, with a runner on third and two outs, my hitter hit a ball to the wall in right center field. I'm thinking I got an easy run. Then I notice the outfielders are standing still and the pitcher is running to get the ball. Now I'm thinking in the park homerun. Then I notice my batter is only a few steps from the plate and running in extreme slow motion. The pitcher finally gets to the ball and turns around and starts running all the way back to first base. I'm screaming for my batter to run, but to no avail. Score it "ground out 1 unassisted."
thklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:56 PM   #2
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Yea, that is kind of funny.

I play-out all of my games in 3D, and hear-ya. Along with continued improvement of the AI (as always), I really would like to see the 3D take another step forward in 21.

-Cal
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:05 AM   #3
Reed
All Star Starter

Sometimes these animation glitches remind me of when I took my kids to T-ball games.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 01:35 PM   #4
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

It's a bit remarkable that we still are hearing of these glitches even after all this work has been put into improving the animation. Still, a glitch is a glitch; it's the frequency that determines whether it's buggy or not.

If this is an extremely rare occurrence, I can live with it especially given the improvements that have indeed been made in this version. And, of course, that it's the animation which is wrong in such a glitch and not the play result. That's been true all along, I believe, and I am glad for that.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:45 PM   #5
thklein
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post

If this is an extremely rare occurrence, I can live with it especially given the improvements that have indeed been made in this version. And, of course, that it's the animation which is wrong in such a glitch and not the play result. That's been true all along, I believe, and I am glad for that.
I agree it's not a big deal, which is why I worded the thread title the way I did. I see throws go in slow motion quite often, but extreme things like this are pretty rare. It was just so bizarre to see the pitcher run all the way to the wall and all the way to first before my hitter got to first.
thklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 01:03 AM   #6
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Agreed, this type of thing is not a big deal at this point, as the animations have greatly improved overall.

Still, I would like to see the 3D in 21 move up a notch; not just the animations, but the player models and stadiums as well.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote