Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 02-28-2016, 02:29 AM   #81
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

I decided to try and bring the Union Association in as another league. I was trying to figure out how to have a playoff system but i think i will let the AA and NL play for the championship but not the UA. I just dont feel the league was on par with the other two. Though i may schedule an exhibition series.
1884 may take awhile. I imagine 1890 too. Good news is once youve ran it then its easier.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 10:25 PM   #82
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

I got the AA and NL setup for 1884. Then i was trying to figure out the best way to get the UA teams. My conclusion is to add the UA league and remove the teams and then import the teams. But i learned i have to manually go through the original teams and delete the players so they dont go to the free agency pool.
Still learning things as i progress.
Old 02-28-2016, 10:34 PM   #83
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMan View Post
Isn't that always the way with OOTP and life?
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 06:54 AM   #84
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Isn't that always the way with OOTP and life?
Yeah but with ootp at least you can go back to your last save point and start again.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:18 PM   #85
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Union Association is a headache. I didnt want the UA to come in with the AA expansion. I wanted the UA has a separate league. Problem is that the UA will import NL & AA vets when creating the league. So i thought of 2 solutions. I can take all those vets out of a database and leave only the UA rookies and see if it works when i create the UA league or i can just delete them from within the game. Since ootp17 is coming out soon i decided to go ahead and delete them from the game. Im not worried about filling UA rosters because the vets from the NL and AA will join those UA teams. I just wanted to get rid of duplicate players.
Well anyways thats where i am at currently with this league.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:03 PM   #86
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

I'd ignore the UA entirely as too much of a headache. You're doing so well with this replay that it seems like giving up the extra leagues is a small price to pay. Go back to your save at the end of 1883, add the extra AA teams for 1884, and just keep going.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 03:14 PM   #87
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I got the AA and NL setup for 1884. Then i was trying to figure out the best way to get the UA teams. My conclusion is to add the UA league and remove the teams and then import the teams. But i learned i have to manually go through the original teams and delete the players so they dont go to the free agency pool.
I look forward to seeing how you accomplish this task.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 09:53 AM   #88
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
I look forward to seeing how you accomplish this task.
Thanks. It's going good so far. I've got 50 players to go.
I downloaded new debuts for 1884 from baseball reference and separated the UA new debuts from that list.
I found one important thing is to delete the duplicate players from the UA player list and not just from the free agency pool. Because I found there's players from both leagues there. Even with trades with different leagues turned off.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:46 AM   #89
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

I g\found an easier way. I noticed that in the free agency pool the game puts theUA player on top and the duplicate underneath. That makes it easier when i look at the rookie list to remove duplicates. After i get the UA teams filled then the rest should be duplicate players i can remove but i will still check anyway.
Attached Images
Old 03-06-2016, 09:35 PM   #90
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Got all the teams set up. Now i have to remove the duplicate UA players. Problem is that the free agent pool has players from both leagues. I dont know how to see the league id without looking at each player.

When i reach 1890 ill see if i can just have a database with Player League only teams and players. It might make it easier.
Old 03-08-2016, 09:31 AM   #91
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Got 1884 setup except I gotta find the Union Association schedule.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:20 AM   #92
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Got 1884 setup except I gotta find the Union Association schedule.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3780239
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 06:28 PM   #93
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
Thanks Joe
Old 03-08-2016, 10:47 PM   #94
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

I actually found the schedules on a portable drive. I started 1884 and so far after april only the UA has played any games.
I sure hope creating PL only database will work in 1890 cause this way though easier now is still a pain.
I deleted the duplicate free agenst but they still show up in the league history. I have to take another look at the transactions for april cause i had players released before the season start. I decided to just go ahead and continue the season. Also St.Paul transactions will need to be adjusted has they dont have that many players.
Its not impossible but it is a little tougher than previous seasons.
Attached Images
Old 03-09-2016, 08:18 PM   #95
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

1884 standings at the end of May. Old Hoss looks like he might do better than his real 59 win season.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 03-10-2016, 07:27 PM   #96
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

I messed up and copied over the league file so i had to replay the month of May. Radbourn's ghost is probably ticked off. Gonna try and get through June tonight.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 03-10-2016, 09:43 PM   #97
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Standings at the end of June. Dont know what happened to Radbourn so far.Stats seem a bit off but it may have something to do with the restart. Im not sure. Anyway my focus is to see that it can be done and next to try to get rosters accurate. After wards i can look and see where i missed a trade or i can concentrate on trying to make sure each team has that position filled. For when i have to decide a date for a transaction as there is no data.
After that i would focus on stats. But if in the future, the game could do the trades or allow me to input my trades from a spreadsheet would be amazing.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 03-16-2016, 09:53 PM   #98
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Found some player transactions involve teams that didnt start playing till like August. One of the reasons you cant just estimate an unknown trade date for 19th century players without looking at the schedule. Also realized i missed a few other transactions. So i had to restart once again. Im up to 07/01/1884. I havent given up on 1884 with the UA. It seems to work. Its just a matter of not going to fast and working overtime at work. But i think if i miss a transaction i will correct it on my spreadsheet and just keep going.
I may take a break for ootp17 release.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:29 PM   #99
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

I have made it to August 2nd and everything seems to be working. However i dont think the same process i used for 16 will work with 17. It will be slighlty different. Im not sure if i will continue from here and migrate the league to 17 or just start fresh in 17.
It may be better to start fresh now that i know what to look out for and i can make notes of how i proceeded.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:41 PM   #100
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

After some more testing it looks like i can use the same process as i did for ootp 16. I think i may have not have the correct path. I ran a test league from 1871 to 1873. In 1872 and 1873 all expansion teams had their rookie players that played for their team. I also found that i can move 1 team to the AL to get the almanac to work and then move it back.
So with that new knowledge i am going to start fresh with ootp 17.
I dont know if this has helped anyone but i think its been helpful to me.