Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 01-15-2020, 04:23 PM   #1
mrbadguy
Minors (Triple A)

minimize/background

I cannot figure out how to minimize NHL 5. The game always seems to run in a Full Screen mode, not allowing me to open up any other windows (ie go on Internet while playing). Only way I can leave the game, to say do somethings else, is to exit entirely.
Am I missing something obvious?

Have been playing OOTPB for years and have always jumped between game and other apps/folders, tabs etc, often checking Internet.
With NHL there isn't even a option (ie arrow) to minimize. Its play game or nothing.

Thanks.
mrbadguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 12:24 AM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

What resolution are you running, and are you choosing to run in full screen mode? The game will force if your resolution isn't big enough. But you can still Alt+Tab or Windows+Tab out.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 10:09 AM   #3
mrbadguy
Minors (Triple A)

I have it set now at 1280X768, same as my LapTop screen resolution. I have it "Windowed". Still Full-Screen. Still no way to jump between different things.
Only option is ALT-CTR-DEL, which is annoying.

Does Hockey Franchise run differently than Baseball? Been playing Baseball with same Laptop settings, with no issue.
Old 01-16-2020, 02:29 PM   #4
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

You're at the base resolution for the game, so it will auto force full screenmode to run. Although FHM and OOTP are from the same company, it is different developers and different engines, which is why there is difference.

However, you should still be able to Alt+Tab or Windows Key+Tab to something else if you have it open. Those are available in every Windows program.
Old 01-16-2020, 03:29 PM   #5
mrbadguy
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks.
Do you know if there is a specific resolution that can work? Ive never been one to totally get the resolution settings. I can exit game via ALT-CRL-DEL, but would be nice not to have to do so every time.

Sometimes I go on when slow at work, so the "quick" exit can be nice.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:44 PM   #6
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Any resolution above that.

And just open a window of something, and you should be able to either Alt+Tab or Windows Key+Tab and go to it if needed.