Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 01-07-2017, 11:34 PM   #1
demons19
Minors (Double A)

Non developing 5 star prospects

What is the best method for developing your blue chip 4-5 star prospects when you don't control your AHL affiliate?
I got players 20-21 who are just not getting better, they are angry because for some reason they believe they belong in the NHL with 1/2 star or maybe 1 star.
How do you get these guys developing?
demons19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:56 AM   #2
Eugus
Minors (Double A)

Have you checked out the manual? It helped me out quite a bit.

Out of the Park Developments Online Manuals
Eugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:00 AM   #3
demons19
Minors (Double A)

I have looked and I have not found exactly what I am seeking....thanks though.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:09 PM   #4
ArdbegPlease
Bat Boy

It can be tough, man. I would suggest controlling your AHL affiliate, and also handling the training yourself at both the AHL and NHL levels. That's not something I did until I had some seasons under my belt, but once you handle the training decisions you get a better feel for the factors that make a prospect progress.

Level of competition is one factor I didn’t know existed, for instance. Half-star players really shouldn’t be in the AHL. They aren’t really good enough to see ice-time, which makes them unhappy, and they aren’t ready for that level of competition, which doubly holds back their training. Of course, some guys just don’t progress very much -- they’re busts and that’s realistic. But other players need care so they go from overseas to AHL to NHL when the time is right.

If you’re not going to handle the affiliate, that’s one solid piece of advice: don’t sign players from overseas until they’ve gotten to 1 or 1.5 stars overall.
ArdbegPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:19 PM   #5
demons19
Minors (Double A)

How do you handle your AHL team? they have a GM/Coach and I have no control over what they do. Am I missing something because I would prefer a complete hostile takeover of the team
Old 01-10-2017, 02:35 AM   #6
ArdbegPlease
Bat Boy

Just click "Control Farm Teams" in the Manager Options screen. This may only work in sandbox mode.
ArdbegPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:07 AM   #7
demons19
Minors (Double A)

Yeah
More and more I wish I had started a sandbox league...darn.
Thanks
Old 01-10-2017, 10:18 AM   #8
Eugus
Minors (Double A)

ya sandbox is the way to go right now imo
Old 01-11-2017, 12:20 PM   #9
ebenton96
Bat Boy

Don't give your prospects a supplementary role of blue-chip prospect if you plan on sending them to the AHL, just prospect instead.
ebenton96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 09:46 AM   #10
peter.
Minors (Rookie Ball)

If i release the asistent coach and have no coach in the screen as goalie/defense/offense coach how do i assign a newly hired coach to that position ? Pls help
peter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 10:48 AM   #11
Amono
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Right click the coaches name and assign him the role you want.
Amono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 11:42 AM   #12
mcnorth
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amono View Post
Right click the coaches name and assign him the role you want.
From which page do you do that - I keep getting a "Copy Link Location" when I right click.

I'd like to make my goalie coach coach my goalies...

I'm confused as how to assign coaches the appropriate portfolio.
mcnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 12:01 PM   #13
peter.
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Is there a way to assign scout as a coach if he has better skills at training f.e. goalies than scouting ?
peter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 12:18 PM   #14
Amono
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnorth View Post
From which page do you do that - I keep getting a "Copy Link Location" when I right click.

I'd like to make my goalie coach coach my goalies...

I'm confused as how to assign coaches the appropriate portfolio.
You can do it from the Personel page where your coaches and scouts are listed.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:38 PM   #15
mcnorth
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amono View Post
You can do it from the Personel page where your coaches and scouts are listed.
Still getting that 'copy link' message. Maybe I'm not in the right place (on the personnel page...)? Or maybe I have to have something set somewhere else to get the option to right click?

Last edited by mcnorth; 01-21-2017 at 12:42 PM.
mcnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 05:04 PM   #16
Amono
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Still getting that 'copy link' message. Maybe I'm not in the right place (on the personnel page...)? Or maybe I have to have something set somewhere else to get the option to right click?
After you have selected the personel page, in middle of the the screen are listed all your team staff(owner, gm, coach, ast. coaches and scouts). You have to right click the assistant coaches name you wish to assign from there. That should open a popup that holds the coach roles. Don't click the coach boxes from bottom of the screen(goalie coach, def. coach etc.).
Old 06-16-2017, 02:36 PM   #17
ashine24
Bat Boy

Quote:

I have this exact problem too. I know how to right click and assign coaches on my big league team, but I am not able to do it on my AHL team. I hired 4 assistants and then was surprised to find out that I really have no control over my farm team. I want to manage every little detail, especially of prospect development, so this is really quite frustrating.
ashine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 07:19 PM   #18
Eugus
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashine24 View Post
I have this exact problem too. I know how to right click and assign coaches on my big league team, but I am not able to do it on my AHL team. I hired 4 assistants and then was surprised to find out that I really have no control over my farm team. I want to manage every little detail, especially of prospect development, so this is really quite frustrating.
The "control farm team" option broke with the last patch that was released. Can still get some players the toi you want by making sure you have some worse playrs on the roster for the bottom six. at least a half star lower.

Last edited by Eugus; 06-23-2017 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-24-2017, 02:57 AM   #19
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

when setting individual training do you guys get your players in their prime any training?

i mean let's say Crosby or Malkin, they are unlikely to improve so instead of getting them individual training, do you keep it for prospects so the coach can spend more time with them?

or do you train everyone?

does that speed up the development of your prospects?

i'm very frustrated with my training and development (might just be inpatient )

have a couple of different saves and when i have a certain player on my team, he never seems to develop the same way as he would on his original team. Ekman-Larsson and Bo Horvat the main ones... they would play similiar roles on my teams as on their original teams yet they struggle to get as good...
tk43 is offline   Reply With Quote