Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 04-13-2019, 10:41 AM   #1
wizard92
Bat Boy

Chemistry

Hello
I just started playing FHM and I have a question about players chemistry, because I can't find it anywhere.
In my line up I have list of 10 players with SLIGHT and LIMITED marks.
Is there a list what it exactly means and list of all marks?
wizard92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 10:37 PM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard92 View Post
Hello
I just started playing FHM and I have a question about players chemistry, because I can't find it anywhere.
In my line up I have list of 10 players with SLIGHT and LIMITED marks.
Is there a list what it exactly means and list of all marks?
From the manual:

Line Chemistry
Players may acquire, or start with, "line chemistry" (not to be confused with team chemistry) with other players that improves their team's chances of success when they're on the ice together. Chemistry works as follows:

Each player has ten other players that he has chemistry with, rated from 1-100; these can be any player, not necessarily current teammates; chemistry ratings below a certain level will not be displayed.
Chemistry isn't mirrored between players: Player A's chemistry with Player B may be a different number than B's chemistry with A, or he may have no rating at all.
Some of the ten pairings are semi-permanent. The other spots are temporary, and will tend to be filled by the teammates the player has played with a lot recently.
After each game, each player's chemistry list is updated, potentially adding chemistry to players he played the most with during the most recent game; additions are more likely if the game went well. Some of these players may replace players currently in one of his temporary spots, if they're not on his chemistry list already; if they're already on his list, their chemistry rating will increase.
If the chemistry number for a player on the temporary list passes that of a player on the semi-permanent list, he moves up and the other player moves down (and is now vulnerable to being pushed off the list entirely after a game.)
Chemistry affects the ability of the two players to complete certain offensive plays involving both players and, while defending, improve the likelihood of success in defensive situations if those players are directly involved in the play. It is displayed on individual player screens, and in popups on the strategy/line selection screen

Team Chemistry
The Team Chemistry page collects information about the team's internal relationships and player happiness, including player relations with the General Manager, a rating of the team's overall chemistry, the team chemistry component of morale for all players on the active roster, the chemistry 'classes' of players, a simple report from your assistant on the current state , and a list of player concerns in regards to chemistry.

A player's relationship with his General Manager will affect his happiness.

Players are classified according to several new hidden ratings that cover their intelligence, tendency towards controversy, and ability to handle success, failure, and criticism.

The coach's report will give you a brief verbal summation of what the team's chemistry is like now, and how good the team's leaders are at keeping the chemistry positive. The assessment will become more as you get farther into in the season.

A team's chemistry rating is determined primarily by the mixture of player classes and the team's leadership in particular. Generally, players with negative classifications such as disruptive or selfish will tend to influence the score downward, while those with positive classifications will help push it up.

The overall team chemistry rating reflects player happiness and the team's leadership.

Player chemistry happiness is determined by the team's chemistry situation and GM-player relationships. The 'Happiness' icons on the team chemistry page only displays their happiness with the team's chemistry - this can (and usually will) differ than the happiness shown on the roster page, since that also considers other factors.

Any specific concerns players have will be listed in the complaints section.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:33 PM   #3
Eugus
Minors (Double A)

Is there a way to view the line chemistry other than looking at the player profiles?

edit: i found the mouse over list on the lineup screen.

Last edited by Eugus; 04-14-2019 at 04:38 PM.
Eugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:41 PM   #4
geisterhome
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugus View Post
Is there a way to view the line chemistry other than looking at the player profiles?

edit: i found the mouse over list on the lineup screen.
It seems players can just gain good chemistry once, like the guys they play with the first season basically. After that no matter how long they play with another player on the same line the chemistry can't get past "slight". Am I'm overlooking sth or is this a bug??
geisterhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 02:35 AM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

The first season will see a lot of chemistry movement because there are only a limited number of pre-set player chemistry relationships, so the rest will get filled in by initial chemistry development between players who are playing together a lot. After that, you'll see far fewer changes. The 'slight' chemistry you're seeing may be the part of the mechanic that reserves a couple of chemistry slots for guys the player has played with recently so they get a chance to develop and surpass the permanent chemistry in the slots above them, but I'll take a look and make sure that's working properly if you're not seeing any increases after guys play multiple seasons together.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:05 PM   #6
geisterhome
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
The first season will see a lot of chemistry movement because there are only a limited number of pre-set player chemistry relationships, so the rest will get filled in by initial chemistry development between players who are playing together a lot. After that, you'll see far fewer changes. The 'slight' chemistry you're seeing may be the part of the mechanic that reserves a couple of chemistry slots for guys the player has played with recently so they get a chance to develop and surpass the permanent chemistry in the slots above them, but I'll take a look and make sure that's working properly if you're not seeing any increases after guys play multiple seasons together.
I'm at the end of year 3 of my save and of all players (9 guys) that spend a full year or more on another team only 3 of them developed a moderate chemistry with one single of the original players on my team, no new good chemistries and a fair amount of slight.
Also all of those players who weren't on the initial roster have spend already 1 to 2 years on my team, often with steady linemates and good success
geisterhome is offline   Reply With Quote