Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-24-2018, 01:09 PM   #1
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Exclamation Crashes Or Freezing? Please read this...

Hi guys!

For the majority of folks the game should be very stable at this point. However we are getting a few reports of unexpected crashes or freezes.

If that's happening to you, don't panic, we are working on things and we can help.

There are a few steps for you to try first though.
  1. Try rebooting your system.
  2. Update your graphic and sound card drivers (if you're on a PC). On a Mac make sure you have the latest OS update installed. If not, then please install it.
  3. If you are on a PC, run the game / installer as admin (right-click on icon, select run as admin)
  4. Also if you are on a PC, make sure to check the hard drive OOTP is installed on for errors/and or run defrag on it.
  5. On Steam, make sure to uncheck the Steam overlay. Go to the Steam menu then to settings > in-game > and untick the 'enable the steam overlay while in game' checkbox.
  6. If you use Discord, try turning that overlay off as well.
  7. If you are in windowed mode try switching to fullscreen mode. In a few cases this has fixed issues with the game freezing for folks. We're working on figuring out a fix but this might help for now.
  8. Go to settings > troubleshooting > force game data re-installation and click that. Let the game do its thing. Then restart your game and try again.
  9. Another suggestion for anyone still having issues would be to update Direct X on your system to the latest version. That solved some crashing issues for at least one customer. Also, it might be worthwhile to make sure that you have the latest Microsoft Visual C+++ files installed (2017).
  10. If that doesn't help, to try to narrow down what might be causing problems, try the following:
    - First, restart your computer.
    - Then make sure to create an exception or whitelist OOTP in your anti-virus and firewall programs. Or, even better, completely disable both for a little while (To reduce any risks, disconnect the computer from the network first).
    - Then shut down any non-essential programs that are running other than OOTP.
    - Then start OOTP up and try playing for a while and see if it still crashes in the same place.
    - If not, then you'll basically just want to play the game without anything else running in the background, since one of those programs was likely causing issues with the game.
  11. If the crash is happening when playing out a game in 3d, please try this: Go to the 3d and facegen screen on the settings tab and then set the audience detail to simplified, and/or lower the audience quality. If the game still crashes while playing out a game, try lowering both settings all the way and/or switching them off entirely. Also, go to 3d settings and select OpenGL with Fastblit mode and try playing a game with that set.

If it still crashes, then we'll need some more information from you.

So please let us know the following:
  1. Are you on a PC or Mac?
  2. What OS are you using?
  3. Do you have the game on Steam, Origin or the Standalone?
  4. If you are on a Mac, what specific model Mac do you have? Also if you're on a Mac please attach the Mac crash report that pops up after a crash.
  5. What are your system specs (especially your video card and your amount of memory)?
  6. Where exactly does your game crash? What are you doing just before it crashes? Can you consistently get the crash to repeat by doing the same thing or is it seemingly random? Do you get an error message? If so, what?
  7. Does this crash in only one saved game or in multiple saves? If only one, then we'll need to see your league files as per the instructions in my sig (or you can just upload to Dropbox/Google Drive and post a link)
  8. It would also help us to have the game generated trace file.

To generate that on a Windows PC, do the following:

If you're on Steam, right-click on your game in the Steam library, then Properties, and on the General menu click on 'Set Launch Options' and enter the word "tracemode" (without quotes.).

If you have the standalone, right-click on the OOTP19 shortcut on your desktop, click on properties and add 'tracemode' to the command line

Then try to start the game again. Get it to crash.

After it does so, navigate to the following folder: Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\debug

Find the trace file there and post with the rest of your information. That should have some data that will help us figure out why the game is crashing.

You can post that information here or in a thread in the bug reports forum. We'll take a look at the report as soon as possible and get in touch with you as soon as we can if we need more information.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 08-10-2018 at 05:04 AM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 03:36 PM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

If you have Steam or Origin and the game freezes or crashes on you at any point, try disabling the Steam or Origin overlay. That's fixed issues for a few people. We're working on a fix for this but that might help in the meantime.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-28-2018 at 09:25 AM.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:35 PM   #3
tysnkole6
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Hi guys!

For the majority of folks the game should be very stable at this point. However we are getting a few reports of unexpected crashes or freezes.

If that's happening to you, don't panic, we are working on things and we can help.

There are a few steps for you to try first though.
  1. Try rebooting your system.
  2. Update your graphic and sound card drivers (if you're on a PC). On a Mac make sure you have the latest OS update installed. If not, then please install it.
  3. If you are on the PC, run the game / installer as admin (right-click on icon, select run as admin)
  4. Also if you are on a PC, make sure to check the hard drive OOTP is installed on for errors/and or run defrag on it.
  5. If that doesn't help, to try to narrow down what might be causing problems, try the following:
    - First, restart your computer.
    - Then make sure to create an exception or whitelist OOTP in your anti-virus and firewall programs. Or, even better, completely disable both for a little while.
    - Then shut down any non-essential programs that are running other than OOTP.
    - Then start OOTP up and try playing for a while and see if it still crashes in the same place.
    - If not, then you'll basically just want to play the game without anything else running in the background, since one of those programs was likely causing issues with the game.
  6. If the crash is happening when playing out a game in 3d, please try this: Go to the 3d and facegen screen on the settings tab and then set the audience detail to simplified, and/or lower the audience quality. If the game still crashes while playing out a game, try lowering both settings all the way and/or switching them off entirely. Also, go to 3d settings and select OpenGL with Fastblit mode and try playing a game with that set.

If it still crashes, then we'll need some more information from you.

1. Are you on a PC or Mac?
  2. What OS are you using?
  3. If you are on a Mac, what specific model Mac do you have? Also if you're on a Mac please attach the Mac crash report that pops up after a crash.
  4. What are your system specs (especially your video card and your amount of memory)?
  5. Where exactly does your game crash? What are you doing just before it crashes? Can you consistently get the crash to repeat by doing the same thing or is it seemingly random? Do you get an error message? If so, what?
  6. It would also help us to have the game generated trace file.

If you're on Steam, right-click on your game in the Steam library, then Properties, and on the General menu click on 'Set Launch Options' and enter the word "tracemode" (without quotes.).

If you have the standalone, right-click on the OOTP19 shortcut on your desktop, click on properties and add 'tracemode' to the command line

After it does so, navigate to the following folder: Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\debug

Find the trace file there and post with the rest of your information. That should have some data that will help us figure out why the game is crashing.

You can post that information here or in a thread in the bug reports forum. We'll take a look at the report as soon as possible and get in touch with you as soon as we can if we need more information.
1) on a PC
2) Windows 10
3) N/A
4) i3 HD 4000, over 50 GB memory
5) randomly, but it seems to be on sims, when it comes up to certain points (ASG 2020, trading deadline, roster expansion...beginning from 2018).
6) how do we get traceable files?
tysnkole6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 09:57 PM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysnkole6 View Post
6) how do we get traceable files?

Old 03-25-2018, 11:56 PM   #5
sizzlingpopcorn
Major Leagues

1. PC
2. Windows 10 Home, 64-bit
3. N/A
4. Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59GHz
GeForce GTX 1060 16GB RAM
2 Monitors (Laptop Screen + 27" monitor both running at 1920x1080)
5. Every time I try to play a game in 3D Modern/Classic or 2D Modern/Classic, whether it be in a league save or a historical exhibition.
I thought it might be my storage space on the C drive, but I cleared a good 18GB this morning and it's still crashing.
6. Attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp_trace.txt (58.4 KB, 285 views)

Content Creator and Streamer:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/sizzlingpopcorn
sizzlingpopcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:46 AM   #6
Wayllander
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Game freezes on Mac after playing a few games (Not simulating but playing through.) I also noticed that before the freeze, the batter walks slowly to first base on every ground ball. Since the game freezes (becomes completely unresponsive, there is no crash report. I have to force quit and then reload from my last saved game.)

1. Mac
2. 10.13.4
3. Retina 5k, 27 inch Late 2015
4. 4ghz core i7, 32 GB Ram, AMD Radeon R9 (4GB)
5. Game freezes in play mode.
6. No crash is generated (I checked). I have to force quit out. Play by play window becomes blank, all other buttons are unresponsive.
Wayllander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 08:16 PM   #7
sizzlingpopcorn
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlingpopcorn View Post
1. PC
2. Windows 10 Home, 64-bit
3. N/A
4. Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59GHz
GeForce GTX 1060 16GB RAM
2 Monitors (Laptop Screen + 27" monitor both running at 1920x1080)
5. Every time I try to play a game in 3D Modern/Classic or 2D Modern/Classic, whether it be in a league save or a historical exhibition.
I thought it might be my storage space on the C drive, but I cleared a good 18GB this morning and it's still crashing.
6. Attached.

FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK!

Deleted the game and reinstalled. - Didn't work.
Deleted the game and game files in Documents. Then reinstalled. - Didn't work.
Tried again, but removed the check beside Allow Steam Overlay. - WORKED!

I then put the audience back to detailed and high. Still works!

Content Creator and Streamer:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/sizzlingpopcorn
sizzlingpopcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 08:28 PM   #8
Phatman
Minors (Double A)

Are you on a PC or Mac? Mac

What OS are you using? 10.13.3

If you are on a Mac, what specific model Mac do you have? Also if you're on a Mac please attach the Mac crash report that pops up after a crash. Macbook Pro

What are your system specs (especially your video card and your amount of memory)? No idea

Where exactly does your game crash? About to start my first game and no response. What are you doing just before it crashes? Setting up my team Can you consistently get the crash to repeat by doing the same thing or is it seemingly random? It doesn't matter what I do as soon as I hit play game it freezes Do you get an error message? No

Does this crash in only one saved game or in multiple saves? My main save

Last edited by Phatman; 03-26-2018 at 11:46 PM.
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:54 PM   #9
slimchance
Bat Boy

Game freezing

PC - Alienware 15 R3
Windows 10
16 GB RAM
Intel Core i&-7700HQ CPU 2.80 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

I am able to load the game and create leagues or historical exhibitions. When I try to play games the screen freezes after I click certain controls. For example - start an historical exhibition, pick the 1980 World Series, click PLAY BALL! and then PLAY. Now I want to click "Set all to Human Control" for the KC Royals. That setting goes gray but nothing else happens, and none of the other controls on the screen are responsive. Sometimes I'm able to click on START GAME and get into the game screen. I might be able to hit space bar to start the game action. If I click the buttons to go to either team's substitutions the screen freezes. In these cases, I'm unable to leave the game except by going to Task Manager and killing the process.

I've updated drivers and rebooted and still encounter this problem. I also unclicked the button for the Steam overlay.

Last edited by slimchance; 03-26-2018 at 09:58 PM.
slimchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 06:51 PM   #10
Gibbanator
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlingpopcorn View Post
FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK!

Deleted the game and reinstalled. - Didn't work.
Deleted the game and game files in Documents. Then reinstalled. - Didn't work.
Tried again, but removed the check beside Allow Steam Overlay. - WORKED!

I then put the audience back to detailed and high. Still works!
Sizzling your a genius!! Thank You!

I was about to give up on OOTP 19 because I could not even play a game in 3d and 3d is the reason why I got it. I'm running a top of the line Alien 51 PC desktop with 3 video cards playing all the heavy graphic games I have all the way up with no problem only to have this game not work.

I was at my wits end...

Thanks again.
Gibbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 10:11 AM   #11
OzzieFan
Minors (Triple A)

On a PC ASUS laptop running Windows 10 64gb with an Nvidia 1060. I don't lock up or crash... but the game sure does slow down a lot after playing awhile. Has anyone else noticed this? Feels like a memory leak, but that's just a guess.
OzzieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 10:48 AM   #12
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieFan View Post
On a PC ASUS laptop running Windows 10 64gb with an Nvidia 1060. I don't lock up or crash... but the game sure does slow down a lot after playing awhile. Has anyone else noticed this? Feels like a memory leak, but that's just a guess.
Are you on the latest release? I feel like I remember we did have a small memory leak in the beta build.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:51 AM   #13
OzzieFan
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Are you on the latest release? I feel like I remember we did have a small memory leak in the beta build.
Steam release as of yesterday. I haven't played with the new patch today, yet.
OzzieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 11:42 AM   #14
JamieEllisOOTP
Bat Boy

Allow Steam Overlay

Where do you find this checkbox? I've looked and looked but can't find it.
JamieEllisOOTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 04:06 PM   #15
Crowbar
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimchance View Post
PC - Alienware 15 R3
Windows 10
16 GB RAM
Intel Core i&-7700HQ CPU 2.80 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

I am able to load the game and create leagues or historical exhibitions. When I try to play games the screen freezes after I click certain controls. For example - start an historical exhibition, pick the 1980 World Series, click PLAY BALL! and then PLAY. Now I want to click "Set all to Human Control" for the KC Royals. That setting goes gray but nothing else happens, and none of the other controls on the screen are responsive. Sometimes I'm able to click on START GAME and get into the game screen. I might be able to hit space bar to start the game action. If I click the buttons to go to either team's substitutions the screen freezes. In these cases, I'm unable to leave the game except by going to Task Manager and killing the process.

I've updated drivers and rebooted and still encounter this problem. I also unclicked the button for the Steam overlay.
Edit: Nevermind, unrelated.

Last edited by Crowbar; 03-28-2018 at 04:07 PM.
Crowbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 04:10 PM   #16
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieEllisOOTP View Post
Where do you find this checkbox? I've looked and looked but can't find it.
Go to the Steam menu then to settings > in-game > and untick the 'enable the steam overlay while in game' checkbox.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:04 PM   #17
emasino69
Bat Boy

PC
Windows 10
Nvidia960
Intel i7-3630 8gb ram

when starting to play a game (in GM mode) I can only make one choice in the game settings on the line up page. Then that section will freeze on me. I can start that days game and play it.....actually I watch and let my manager do his job and when I get to the end of the game it freezes. No box score, no way to get out of it not even closing the window. I have to go to task manager and close it.

I have unchecked the steam overlay while in game as told to above but did not help...installed and reinstalled multiple times

have been playing OOTP on this laptop since ootp15 and been playiing in general since ootp7 and this is my first major issue.

Might try to but the game directly from OOTP this weekend and see if I get the same result.

any help will be much appreciated.
emasino69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 06:06 PM   #18
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by emasino69 View Post
Might try to but the game directly from OOTP this weekend and see if I get the same result.
Send em a copy of your Steam receipt and I'll get you a code to get the standalone free. No need to buy another copy!

Old 03-28-2018, 08:43 PM   #19
kesch313
Bat Boy

I'm 3 games into my MLB season, and now all of a sudden after today's updates my game shuts down when I try to finish the current day. Now I'm going through trying to figure out all of these diagnostics that I've never had to worry about with my 6 previous versions, and this most amazing current version, until today. Quite frustrating.
kesch313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 10:08 PM   #20
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesch313 View Post
I'm 3 games into my MLB season, and now all of a sudden after today's updates my game shuts down when I try to finish the current day. Now I'm going through trying to figure out all of these diagnostics that I've never had to worry about with my 6 previous versions, and this most amazing current version, until today. Quite frustrating.
Really sorry that's happening!

Is this happening with only the one save specifically or do you have the same problem with any save you load/start?