Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 02-09-2018, 06:58 PM   #1
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Major League of all historical minors players !

So I started a new league in 1935 with historical minors. I cleared rosters in the MLB, then eliminated all the "free agents" , that is all the major league players.

I eliminated the color barrier.

I then erased all the historical minor leagues, making all the historical minors and negro league players free agents.

I added 8 teams to the majors, and divided both leagues into two divisions, so the setup was the same as 1969 - two 6-team divisions each with a playoff of division winners, so that there would be enough MLB teams to at least carry a significant percentage of the massive population of minor league players.

I then added all levels of fictional minor leagues (NO fictional players).

Then I created a fantasy draft. So now all the minor league and negro league players were in the major league draft, with none of the players who had actually been in the majors in 1935, though some, like Chet Laabs and Joe Dimaggio who would historically play in the majors were in the draft as minor leaguers from that year.

So now I have a major league with an array of minor leagues I created and with all players being from the minors in 1935. Of course, eventually there will be enough historical major leaguers to crowd out most of the historical minor leaguers, but we should be at or well beyond 1947 and the historical end of the color barrier by then so the best of the Negro League players from 1935-47 will have played in the majors instead, alongside players from the Pacific Coast League, Texas League and other minors.

Here is a screenshot of the standings at the end of our first season of play:

Okay, maybe someone can explain why I can't paste the screenshots here that I saved, even when I am able to paste them into Word documents.

Anyway, my team, the NY Yankees came in last, but the season was fun anyway.

Chet Laabs won the AL triple crown, and Joe Dimaggio tied for the NL lead in batting. But each was tied by players who were in the minors that season historically: George Puccinelli hit 39 homers for the Baltimore Orioles expansion team to tie Laabs, and Ray Fitzgerald of the Pirates tied Dimaggio for the batting title, hitting .369.

Negro League player Willie Wells and Minor League players Oliver Carnegie tied for the NL HR title with 28 each.

The great Buck Leonard's .402 average was excelled only by Laabs' .415, denying a batting title to Leonard despite his amazing season.

Josh Gibson hit .357 with 25 home runs for the Cleveland Indians.

Frank Veverka and Richard Whitworth won their respective leagues' ERA titles. Kinner Graf and Dick Barret each won 19 games to lead each leagues' pitchers.

George Giles, another Negro League players historically, stole 39 bases to lead the AL, Walter Cazen stole 32 to lead the NL.

Despite our dismal 60 win, 102 loss season, Turkey Stearns showed up as a superstar, hitting .368, with 16 home runs, and First Baseman Bill Joseph Sweeney hit .295 with 15 homers.

Well, we get first pick in the rookie draft. Who knows who will show up.
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 07:14 PM   #2
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Well, Josh Gibson hit .552 with 3 home runs in the American League Championship Series, but his Indians fell to the Chicago White Sox in 7 games. Chicago went on to lose the World Series against Los Angeles Angels of the National League, led by pitcher Roosevelt Davis, a team that includes Luis Tiant Sr. !!

Willie Wells and Chet Laabs were the MVPs for 1935.

Jim Peterson and Harry Smythe were the Cy Young award winners.

Laabs beat out Buck Leonard and Josh Gibson for rookie of the year.

We needed pitching badly and took Bob Feller in round 1 with the first pick of the draft.
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote