Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 04-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #161
ootp3to6
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
Anyone else seeing this?
Does this happen in another league, too? Fictional league/Quickstart league?
Not happening to me.
ootp3to6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #162
DDover
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Major League Home Page typo

On the ML Homepage - the tab listing on the bottom left of the screen is "INlURIES" - not sure if it's a typo or just the font.
DDover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #163
Operation Shutdown
All Star Reserve

I have notify injuries on minor league teams as well checked and have minor league lineups/depths/pitching set to minor league managers and all others set to being controlled by me. However, about 75% of the time a minor league player gets injured, the AI puts the player on the DL and performs promotions on its own. I'd rather the game just notify me and let me handle the DL and promotion things myself. Great addition as I've always wanted the AI to just handle my pitching staff and lineups for the minors.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
Operation Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #164
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDover View Post
On the ML Homepage - the tab listing on the bottom left of the screen is "INlURIES" - not sure if it's a typo or just the font.
It's an issue with the font. Markus knows about it, but I'm not sure when this will be fixed. Apparently it's not as easy as it seems like it should be.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #165
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by progen View Post
This function worked up until OOTP12, and I did put a support ticket in for it, but couldn't figure out the issue? It's annoying that I can't print the list of free agents, or top prospects as an example. I'm using Internet Explorer for my browser, and have AVG for internet security. No firewall though. Haven't been able to figure this out? I know from the support team there is a work around for some reports, which I listed below, but bit of a pain to go through this each time. The report does get created when I click "Write Report to Disk." But still limits the number of reports I can get.

Open the temp folder in your league's html directory. Something like this:
C:/Users/YourName/Documents/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 12/saved_games/League.lg/news/html/temp/

Click on Write Report to Disk and see if anything gets created there.
Could you open up another support ticket and request my (Gary) help in the ticket? I'd like to take a look at this.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #166
akw4572
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Hmm... I just tested and it worked for me. Try again and let us know if it worked. Just how big is this zip, by the way?
same darn message. It's 38,447,221. Only 20 or so will transfer. I'm using filezilla.
akw4572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:13 PM   #167
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akw4572 View Post
same darn message. It's 38,447,221. Only 20 or so will transfer. I'm using filezilla.
I really don't know then. Would you open up a support ticket (see my sig) and would you then be willing to allow me to connect to your computer? If so, I could do the file transfer to my computer using my remote control software (logmein rescue). Then I could pass this file on to Andreas.

BTW, the remote control software will not remain on your computer when I'm done. If you're not comfortable with this, I'll understand, but my only other suggestion is to try a different way to FTP it. I use directory opus and have transferred several things today successfully.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:13 PM   #168
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidKnight View Post
Upon importing my fictional league during the first day of the offseason (not preferred, I know), about a month and a half of my news articles disappeared. Sort of - more like they turned invisible. The current day is 11/2/1931 and all the articles back to 8/23/1931 have no text, but some still have player pictures associated with them. This is in all screens - my mail messages and the league homescreen.

Any NEW messages/news articles appear fine -- I advanced a day and it showed up okay. See attached files.

I tried swapping skins to no avail. Odd!
Obviously the messages text files have not been copied. They are in /messages, please copy them manually.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #169
akw4572
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I really don't know then. Would you open up a support ticket (see my sig) and would you then be willing to allow me to connect to your computer? If so, I could do the file transfer to my computer using my remote control software (logmein rescue). Then I could pass this file on to Andreas.

BTW, the remote control software will not remain on your computer when I'm done. If you're not comfortable with this, I'll understand, but my only other suggestion is to try a different way to FTP it. I use directory opus and have transferred several things today successfully.
Yeah, you want to give it a go right now?
Old 04-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #170
mwb6
Minors (Single A)

Free Agency and Historic League

Hello, just started a new fictional historical league with OOTP13 - began in 1950 with random draft, after first season the free agents are all demanding current day wages, but clubs are set to 1950 finances - as a result it is impossible to meet any free agent's demands - is this a problem with the game or did I miss a setting that would address this.
Thanks
mwb6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #171
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akw4572 View Post
Yeah, you want to give it a go right now?
Sure, open up a ticket and I'll help!
Old 04-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #172
akw4572
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Waiting on the email for verification.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #173
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Could you open up another support ticket and request my (Gary) help in the ticket? I'd like to take a look at this.
I am seeing the issue with 'open in external browser' not working. I clicked the link in your sig to open a ticket and logged in. OOTP 13 isn't in the list of games (9, 10, 11, 12 are there).
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #174
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post
I am seeing the issue with 'open in external browser' not working. I clicked the link in your sig to open a ticket and logged in. OOTP 13 isn't in the list of games (9, 10, 11, 12 are there).
Thanks for letting me know! I'll make sure it gets added. For now, you could open a ticket under OOTP 12 and I'll help you as soon as I can.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #175
gysgtam
Minors (Single A)

in RTS when you click on the score of the game in the upper right hand corner the game crashes/ when the game is over....i figured it was suppose to show the box score or something
Old 04-06-2012, 04:40 PM   #176
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Using the Classic skin, when you are simming, on the Standings/Leaders screen, you can't really see your players on the leader boards very well because the font color isn't much different than the default.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #177
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysgtam View Post
in RTS when you click on the score of the game in the upper right hand corner the game crashes/ when the game is over....i figured it was suppose to show the box score or something
Markus said this will be fixed in the first patch on Monday.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #178
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

More cosmetic than anything else...

When we save and leave a game the game strategies are all reset to player control when we resume the game. By exemple if I save the game featuring in my capture all the actions controlled by McBride will be transfer to me.

No big deal, but I'm positive it didn't happen with OOTP 12.
Attached Images
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #179
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks for letting me know! I'll make sure it gets added. For now, you could open a ticket under OOTP 12 and I'll help you as soon as I can.
Ticket submitted (JKM-311321)
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #180
akw4572
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Still waiting, I haven't gone anywhere.