Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 09-08-2012, 07:55 AM   #1081
Kemp
All Star Starter

I have players in my league who get signed, released, signed, released, etc, over and over again! I've attached a snippet of one of the player pages; this particular guy has been signed and released almost FOUR HUNDRED TIMES during his 11 year career!! If you look closely at the screenshot I've attached, you'll notice that a lot of those occur on the same day.

Anyone else have this problem??
Attached Images
Kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:52 PM   #1082
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

nm

Last edited by SandMan; 09-08-2012 at 01:58 PM.
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #1083
Eumel
Major Leagues

On the Season & Career Records screen, the pitcher list for the most games in a season seems off. Only players who have started at least one game are listed, but with their totals of games as starter and reliever.

This list should also include players that have never started a game, but have only been used as relievers.

The career record list does this correctly, so this indeed looks like a bug.

Interestingly enough, the season saves list also only lists starters, which is quite pointless.

Edit:

On a related note, two more observations:

The career record lists for pitchers are also updated during the season, while those for hitters are not.

For pitchers, during the first season, the WAR values in the season and career lists are different. I'm not sure what's going on there, as WAR is supposed to be computed the same way in both lists. All values seem slightly off.

Last edited by Eumel; 09-09-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Eumel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:42 PM   #1084
siobhan
Minors (Single A)

Kind of related to the above post, and it's probably been mentioned somewhere else, but career WAR for batters is also calculated incorrectly. It's being treated like VORP divided by 10. It's calculated, to my knowledge, correctly for single seasons, and it's relatively correct for both single-season and career WAR for pitchers; with career batting stats is the only time this occurs.
siobhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:25 AM   #1085
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

The last few games I have played I have noticed the announcer getting the batting average wrong once per game for a specific player.

J.P. Arencibia is hitting around .145 (sigh) but the first time he come sup every game the announcer says he is hitting .181. No matter what his actual avg is, it always says .181

Another thing, which may not be a bug, everytime Andrew Tinnish (scouting director) gives me the advance scout on the team I am facing, the pitchers he says we will likely face are wrong. I know it shouldn't always be right but they are ALWAYS wrong. Probables don't change that much.
rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:48 PM   #1086
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumel View Post
Something still seems to be amiss with the Zone Rating computations. Look at the numbers of the center fielders after a dozen or so games. +25 is a very good number for a whole season of 162 games. So these ZR numbers surely aren't right, off by factor 10 or so. All other positions seem to look alright, so this may be a CF specific bug.

Edit: I reloaded the game and now the CF stats are alright, but the RF Zone Ratings are sky high. Quite an odd bug, it seems...
You'll probably have to upload your league files.
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #1087
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
The last few games I have played I have noticed the announcer getting the batting average wrong once per game for a specific player.

J.P. Arencibia is hitting around .145 (sigh) but the first time he come sup every game the announcer says he is hitting .181. No matter what his actual avg is, it always says .181

Another thing, which may not be a bug, everytime Andrew Tinnish (scouting director) gives me the advance scout on the team I am facing, the pitchers he says we will likely face are wrong. I know it shouldn't always be right but they are ALWAYS wrong. Probables don't change that much.
Update: It isn't always .181 but it IS always wrong.

Could it be because he spent some time in AAA?
Old 09-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #1088
BallFan
Minors (Double A)

I've been trying to play a league association playoffs between the winners of five leagues in the Caribbean. I simulated the first two rounds just fine, but now I'm trying to watch the final round games "live". However, when I press "Mayaguez Substitutions" or "Havana Substitutions" just to take a look at the rosters in-game, the program (for MAC) crashes to desktop....

Is it something wrong with how I set up the association? Or is it because I made it so that the leagues in the association have different numbers of players (like, in this case the Cuban League has only like 18 players while the Puerto Rican league has like 26)?

I mean, I can just simulate through this for now, but later on when I take up the reins of a team I'd really like to be able to play in games without it crashing if I want to check my roster or make changes.

Last edited by BallFan; 09-12-2012 at 12:54 PM.
BallFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:53 PM   #1089
beorn
All Star Starter

Ammy draft irregularities in past performances of players

1) All high school players come from average competition. I have seen in ammy drafts in several leagues, although not all leagues.

2) Quite a few players have not stats at all.

3) Some players' competition level is blank.

(I have seen the first two problems repeatedly in other leagues, but #3 only in this one online league.)

Last edited by beorn; 09-13-2012 at 06:55 PM.
beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:47 AM   #1090
Dreifort
Major Leagues

using pitchers as fielders

I am trying to recreate a historical era type league. I want to use pitchers on field as fielders and as pitchers.

My #1 SP (Bob Gaylord) in my rotation is also my backup 1B - starting every 3rd game in place of the #1 1B.

Sometimes, when the "every 3rd game" at 1B lines up with his turn to pitch, he plays both positions according to the box score. His stats are just duplicated for the 2nd position.

(see screenshot)
Attached Images
Old 09-16-2012, 07:07 PM   #1091
termcl
Minors (Double A)

Playoff Rosters and the Disabled List

I think there may be a possible bug involving AI handling of the playoff rosters when players are placed on the disabled list.

A little background information: I started an MLB league in 2010 with OOTP11. A few months ago, I updated the league to OOTP 13. It is now 2014 in my league and playoffs time. I'm playing out my games as the White Sox and we are facing the Texas Rangers in the Divisional Finals.
In one of the past off-seasons via league evolution the 15-day disabled list was increased to a 22-day DL (much more interesting injury management situations, but I'm okay with that.)

According to the OOTP rules listed on the team's playoff roster screen: If a player is placed on the 60-day DL after roster expansion or on the 15-day DL (in my case 22-day DL) during the playoffs, he can be replaced by any player currently on the active roster. This is all fine and well.

In my league, the Texas Rangers' Ian Kinsler was injured on 9/10, placed on the 22-day DL and Robert Andino was called up from AAA to take his spot. Then on 9/13, Tommy Hunter was injured, placed on the 60-day DL, and Tim Stauffer was called up from AAA. Again, according to OOTP rules, Hunter can be replaced on the playoff roster. The playoffs start and both Andino and Stauffer are on the playoff roster! I see how one or the other (or any other player on the active roster for that matter) can replace Hunter but not both. There were no other 60-day DL injuries for the Rangers after roster expansion and no playoff injuries. So how did both players end up on the playoff roster? Is this a bug?
termcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #1092
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Perhaps I have something setup odd and perhaps i am missing it. I have my game set to UTC 6 hours Central Standard Time in a custom league. The game time shows A.M. vs P.M. so my team is set to play today at 3 A.M. today vs 3 P.M. and when I save a game in progress the game shows 3:50 A.M. and then when finished it shows the game done at say 6:02 A.M.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #1093
posty333
Bat Boy

I started a fictional league starting in 1900. I sim through the seasons, and at the end of the playoffs I go back to review the box scores of the series. When I got to the end of the 1902 playoffs and went back to look, the playoffs were not showing on the schedule. In fact, the entire schedule for the year had disappeared. If I went into a player's game log, their stats were there, but all of the games said "Loss 0-0" as the result of the game. I could click on that to get the correct box score.

I decided to start over. I think I had an earlier saved version of the same game. This time, I was able to get all of the way until 1920 before this happened again. This time, I happened to look at the league standings and noticed that there were two new teams there. The league had expanded after the playoffs were over. The new teams were in that season's standings with 0-0 record. I went back to the game I had abandoned and checked the standings there. There had been a two-team expansion in that league as well. So, that leads me to believe the expansion is what triggered the vanishing schedule.

I guess I will start a new game and turn off expansion. I actually want to control that part anyway.
posty333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:15 AM   #1094
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:

Quote:
Update: It isn't always .181 but it IS always wrong.

Could it be because he spent some time in AAA?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallFan View Post
I've been trying to play a league association playoffs between the winners of five leagues in the Caribbean. I simulated the first two rounds just fine, but now I'm trying to watch the final round games "live". However, when I press "Mayaguez Substitutions" or "Havana Substitutions" just to take a look at the rosters in-game, the program (for MAC) crashes to desktop....

Is it something wrong with how I set up the association? Or is it because I made it so that the leagues in the association have different numbers of players (like, in this case the Cuban League has only like 18 players while the Puerto Rican league has like 26)?

I mean, I can just simulate through this for now, but later on when I take up the reins of a team I'd really like to be able to play in games without it crashing if I want to check my roster or make changes.
rpriske & BallFan:

We need both of you guys to please upload your league files, especially yours BallFan. The only files we need are the .dat files - no folders needed. Also, please let me know what you name your files and I will point the developers to your files.

Here's the link to the instructions how to FTP (upload) your files to us:
How to FTP files to OOTP Developments - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software

Thanks!

Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:42 AM   #1095
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallFan View Post

This issue has been logged as PT-3802

Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:40 AM   #1096
beorn
All Star Starter

Not exactly a bug, but I see it as a significant glitch:

In an online league using 1-8 rating scale:
My team starts a shortstop who is rated a 7 defensively at ss (and also has an 8 at 2b)
Also starts a weak hitting second baseman rated a 7

Every time a pinch hitter is used for the second baseman, afterwards, the replacement infielder is put at shortstop where he has a 3 rating, instead of at 2b where he has a 7 rating. I am assuming that this is because the shortstop can be moved to 2b where he has an 8 rating.

Yet, this makes NO sense! To have an 8-3 combination is inferior to having a 7-7 combination.
beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:34 AM   #1097
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

I don't know if this counts as a bag or a feature request but the way the game makes you substitute players after an injury is wrong.

Currently, if a payer gets injured you have to replace him immediately, no matter what the situation. Really the player should only have to change the next time they are scheduled to take the field or bat.

Example:

Johnny Damon was on 1st and tried to steal 2nd. He was called out and was hurt on the play. I was forced to replace him right away, even though he was no longer active in the game.

In fact, there was 2 out and the pitcher was due up second. What I WANTED to do was wait to see if the pitcher got up and then use the player I wanted to bring in for Damon to pinch hit, but I wasn't able to because the game forced me to substitute right away.

I think that is wrong.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:29 AM   #1098
endgame
Hall Of Famer

It is wrong, and it is a feature request; one that's been on the table for multiple versions, but is, apparently very problematic to code. But we will continue sounding the trumpets.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:29 AM   #1099
funkadillo
Minors (Triple A)

Major bug here. My starting pitcher was injured on the last pitch of the 1st inning, but it didn't make me replace him.

Then he's still in there to start the 2nd, and I'm able to keep pitching with him, even though when I open up his profile it shows he's out for 6 weeks.
funkadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #1100
subtle
Minors (Single A)

I hate to repost this, but it's really frustrating: my league won't generate a full first round of the draft. It does this every season. It also does it in other leagues I create in OOTP 13.

subtle is offline   Reply With Quote